Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POWER KITE NOVICE ADVISE PLEASE

Options
  • 16-08-2009 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

i am considering buying a kite for a bit of craic. can someone give me a few pointers to get me started.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

www.racekites.com

All the info you'll need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bigaid1

T-Maxx wrote: »
    www.racekites.com

All the info you'll need.

thank you, seems like a lot of reading needed before i go much further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PjC

I got a cheap ass 1.4m outta Argos to get myself started. I could imagine myself sayin out 200ish euro for a flexifoil or similar and ending up not being bothered in a few weeks. Least now if it ends up being a garage decoration it only cost 28 quid.

Its not the greatest yoke but only got it yesterday and gives you a taste for what a good kite would do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bigaid1

PjC wrote: »
    I got a cheap ass 1.4m outta Argos to get myself started. I could imagine myself sayin out 200ish euro for a flexifoil or similar and ending up not being bothered in a few weeks. Least now if it ends up being a garage decoration it only cost 28 quid.

Its not the greatest yoke but only got it yesterday and gives you a taste for what a good kite would do.

got a 2.5m from ebay. £10.50
    tried it in a very calm wind and i am really looking forward to getting it to the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

The most important thing is getting a feel for it. I started out with a 2 line 2m and qickyl moved on up to 4 lines (a 4 line kite can do a lot more)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I have a hq beamer 3 3m for sale, looking for €80 plus postage, or you're welcome to collect as well. If any of you guys are interested pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mickus40

Heres a good site that will help you get started.

http://www.kitesurfing.ie/
    Theres a good beginners section and lots of advice. I bought a kite a few years ago, flexifoil, small 2m 2 line kite. It was great at first but soon got bored of such a small kite, little challenge. Went on to do a lesson in kitesurfing (was given to me as a present from my wife!). I found it great and it pointed me in the direction of kitesurfing. Basicly all power kites lead on to kitesurfing if you catch the bug. My advice would be to do a lesson and then get all the advice and such from an experienced sailor, then buy yourself a SMALL 4 line kite and use it in light wind at first until you get the proper skills. I just found those smaller kites boring very quickly. Anyway best of luck with it.

Mick

Advertisement