Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there such a thing as a fanless usb raid1 enclosure for 2.5" drives?

• 16-08-2009 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

I have recently had to get a new router and it can take a usb drive plugged in and share it on the network (WRT610N). It just happens that I have two 120GB 2.5" sata drives lying around the place and I am wondering if I could get a nice little raid1 enclosure that would hopefully be fanless that it would be a nice secure and quiet way of backing stuff up....

I was previously going to get my htpc to do something like this but found out (too late) that when it works, its great, however when one of the two identical disks faulted that it was nigh on impossible to get it to sync again..... and also the bootable media that comes with Acronis just could not see the raided disks at all and so I could not use the raid disks in the computer to back up the system disk.... *sigh*

But anyway, usb raid1 fanless enclosure for 2.5" disks ... anyone know where I may purchase one of these wee beasties?

Comments

Advertisement