Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Issues Moderator

Options
  • 16-08-2009 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Im new to the boards.ie and have an big interest in green issues and after reading through this forum I find the moderator djpbarry very negative and aggressive read the post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055636503 One partasipant asked
    I ask again Mod - are you sure you modding the right forum? Do you, in fact, support anything green?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

We can't, and won't, predict what will or will not turn not-yet-existing people from posting.

Nor do we ask our moderators to become devoid of personalities, or to give up their viewpoints at the door.

We do expect them to be fair, and uphold the basic standards we expect. Now if you have an example of that, we'll be glad to look at it. However, we're not going to shelter people from robust debate either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 solarman

BuffyBot wrote: »
    We do expect them to be fair, and uphold the basic standards we expect. Now if you have an example of that, we'll be glad to look at it. However, we're not going to shelter people from robust debate either.

From the tread Meeting others on the green road
    The next person to discuss moderation will be banned. No exceptions.
    Simple scare tactics?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

From the tread Meeting others on the green road

Yes, you linked. I read. I didn't see anything wrong with it.
    Simple scare tactics

More like clear instructions within the general guidelines of the site.

Discussions of moderation have no place in a thread, as they drag the thread off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 solarman

Thanks for your opinion.
    I still think that the moderator level of aggression was to much.

Advertisement