Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De Town???

Options
  • 16-08-2009 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Why have people started referring to Dundalk as De Town. I thought it was just a football thing at first but it seems that other people do it aswell. Where the hell did this come from? The football club is Dundalk FC, fair enough for somewhere like Longford Town but where does the town reference come from?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 RONOC08

fh041205 wrote: »
    Why have people started referring to Dundalk as De Town. I thought it was just a football thing at first but it seems that other people do it aswell. Where the hell did this come from? The football club is Dundalk FC, fair enough for somewhere like Longford Town but where does the town reference come from?

Dundalk has always been known as "de town" in and out of football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bettedavis

De town as always been known as detown to it's natives. just like Decco road, Dingland, and derport, as in , .................i drove down decco road on d'way to Derport going to dingland on derplane ! native and proud !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Durge are playing Courtney's next Sunday night.:) I'm not from de town but I've always used it when referring to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

RONOC08 wrote: »
    Dundalk has always been known as "de town" in and out of football

Are you sure about in football. I've been to a fair few Dundalk games and never heard that expression before last year think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

fh041205 wrote: »
    Are you sure about in football. I've been to a fair few Dundalk games and never heard that expression before last year think.

One of the most popular chants in oriel is "come on de town", a bit better than the Afghanistan one:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

its been der since god was a gason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Madflah

indiewindy wrote: »
    One of the most popular chants in oriel is "come on de town", a bit better than the Afghanistan one:confused:

Ah good god! i wish they would lose the whole 'mudja' stuff...it is cringeworthy:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 RONOC08

WE ARE THE MUDJA,THE MUDJA AHLIE:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Madflah

Please tell me you taking the p*ss!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I'm closing this thread , some people need to think before posting utter rubbish , and there is a few trolls here and people taking the bait.

Dundalk Town , the answer is all in the same. The town , cut short in slag to da town.

Before you say you are the mudja , Can you look it up and see what it means maybe then you will actually spell it right and say it correct when your in "de shed" , just for reference its mujahideen.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement