Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Veggie Planet' is no more :(

Options
  • 16-08-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

I was at the market in dun laoghaire today (haven't been in ages) and disappointed to see that 'veggie planet' have stopped using their name and now serve chicken curry :( They still have most of the same dairy free spring rolls, etc., but big signs everwhere advertising the meat. I wonder what got into them. :(

Karuna's kitchen seem to be there now too (that govinda's type stand from temple bar market). But I think they use a lot of feta and paneer... good for veggies anyhow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

I was at the market in dun laoghaire today (haven't been in ages) and disappointed to see that 'veggie planet' have stopped using their name and now serve chicken curry :( They still have most of the same dairy free spring rolls, etc., but big signs everwhere advertising the meat. I wonder what got into them. :(

Yeah I haven't been there in a good few weeks myself, but remember noticing the last time I was there that they'd started making a few chicken dishes. I don't know why they'd just decide out of the blue to start making meat dishes. Very disappointing:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I don't know why they'd just decide out of the blue to start making meat dishes. Very disappointing:(

the need to make a profit? It can't be easy selling only veggie products, I imagine it's borne out of need rather than greed.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    the need to make a profit? It can't be easy selling only veggie products, I imagine it's borne out of need rather than greed.

yeah true. It's just strange to go out of your way to make vegetarian/vegan food, market yourself as a vegetarian/vegan food vendor and then go make a load of meat dishes. I suppose it's all just strategic change.
    Still saddening for the likes of us

Advertisement