Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BWE: You Book IT!...Discussion thread - Writers needed!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I wouldn't mind the December 4th Smackdown if no-one else wants it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I wouldn't mind the December 4th Smackdown if no-one else wants it.

Added

Here's the provisional Booking list:

BWE Survivor Series - 22 November: Rjd2

RAW - 23 November: Shanomac
    Smackdown - 27 November:
    Raw - 30 November:
    Smackdown - 4 December: paddyirishman85
    Raw - 7 November:
    Smackdown - 11 December:

BWE TLC: 13 December: Dare 2 Defy

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I could take next Raw or SD i dont mind . I will be gone to NY on the 2nd so i could be rushing the following Raw .

I could take next Raw or SD i dont mind . I will be gone to NY on the 2nd so i could be rushing the following Raw .

Feel free to take which ever you want. SD on the 27th or Raw on the 30th??:):)

BTW: Enjoy NY!!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

I think we could use Nobles retirement (although tis slightly annoying considering the Cruiserweight plans) in the same way WWE have, i.e have someone make a name for themselves by absolutely destroying Noble and being the one causing him to retire.

How about instead of retiring a superstar, have someone on a push destroy random jobbers everyweek with the commentators emphasising these guys were under contract and had a future with the company. Eventually the monster heel is going to have to get his karma possibly from the world champ. We could need Noble again down the line. Does kayfabe injuries limit us booking wise like real injuries?

Shaneomac wrote: »
    Does kayfabe injuries limit us booking wise like real injuries?

I'd say kayfabe injuries don't, as they are part of a story, and our stories are different. Real injuries do however.

That being said, while Nobles injuries are kayfabe, his retirement isn't. So I think maybe we should retire him. If we were to go ahead with the 6 man TLC match for the new Cruiserweight title, he could get injured badly in that match as a way to write him out.

I'd say kayfabe injuries don't, as they are part of a story, and our stories are different. Real injuries do however.

That being said, while Nobles injuries are kayfabe, his retirement isn't. So I think maybe we should retire him. If we were to go ahead with the 6 man TLC match for the new Cruiserweight title, he could get injured badly in that match as a way to write him out.

Real injuries do hamper us, booking wise. It's why we're not using Edge at the mo.

The 6-man TLC match will go ahead and I like the idea of Noble competing in it. It'll give him his final moment for us. Will we use this for him:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Feel free to take which ever you want. SD on the 27th or Raw on the 30th??:):)

BTW: Enjoy NY!!:D:D

Ill take Raw . Oh i will enjoy it:)

Ill take Raw . Oh i will enjoy it:)
    Added:)

Smackdown - 27 November:
    Raw - 30 November: Furious-Red
    Raw - 7 November:
    Smackdown - 11 December:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Added:)

Smackdown - 27 November:
    Raw - 7 November:
    Smackdown - 11 December:

I will take Smackdown on the 11th.

Other things:
    I wish I gave Santino a GM spot. Would of been a fun show to book with santino as GM.

I think we could retire Noble as he hasn't really done much on our shows so wouldn't be a real loss.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I will take Smackdown on the 11th.

Other things:
    I wish I gave Santino a GM spot. Would of been a fun show to book with santino as GM.

I think we could retire Noble as he hasn't really done much on our shows so wouldn't be a real loss.

A pre-ppv SD... grand:D:D

Smackdown - 27 November:
    Raw - 7 November:
    Smackdown - 11 December: DM-ICE

Might I suggest BH does SD on the 27th as he hasn't done 1 yet???

Santino as GM, that would be fun

Should we retire Noble or leave him until the 6 man TLC match??

I'd say leave him til the TLC match. Lets face it, if we were really the writers, we'd be told to write Noble out of the company soon. While injuries are instant and have to be dealt with quickly, retirements can be planned. So I think writing in a kayfabe injury for him at the TLC match would be the best way for him to go out. Just my opinion though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Real injuries do hamper us, booking wise. It's why we're not using Edge at the mo.

The 6-man TLC match will go ahead and I like the idea of Noble competing in it. It'll give him his final moment for us. Will we use this for him:

Hate that song so much:mad:

A pre-ppv SD... grand:D:D

Smackdown - 27 November:
    Raw - 7 November:

Might I suggest BH does SD on the 27th as he hasn't done 1 yet???

Santino as GM, that would be fun

Pencil BH in for the 27th, I sent a PM and he would like to do the show.

Pencil BH in for the 27th, I sent a PM and he would like to do the show.

Right, so at the mo, this is the current booking list until BWE:TLC

Smackdown - 27 November: Bounty Hunter
    Raw - 7 November:

All we need is a Raw for December 7

• Advertisement

Booker for Survivor Series required.

Rjd2 won't be able to do the show. Laptop is ****ed so can't post it.

Anyone want to post the show?
    Survivor Series
    (Final Card)

BWE Title
    Triple H© vs. Jack Swagger

World Title
    CM Punk© vs. The Undertaker

Team Raw
    Shawn Michaels, Mark Henry, MVP, Big Show, Evan Bourne
    vs.
    Team Smackdown
    Matt Hardy, The Hart Dynasty, Bryan Danielson, William Regal

Team Orton
    Randy Orton, John Cena, Legacy, The Miz
    vs.
    Team Batista
    Batista, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Christian , Kane

Diva’s Title
    Melina(C) vs. Gail Kim vs Jillian

Intercontinental Title Match
    Dolph Ziggler(C) vs. John Morrison

Women’s title Match
    Michelle McCool(C) vs. Mickie James

Booker for Survivor Series required.

Rjd2 won't be able to do the show. Laptop is ****ed so can't post it.

Anyone want to post the show?
    Survivor Series
    (Final Card)

BWE Title
    Triple H© vs. Jack Swagger

World Title
    CM Punk© vs. The Undertaker

Team Raw
    Shawn Michaels, Mark Henry, MVP, Big Show, Evan Bourne
    vs.
    Team Smackdown
    Matt Hardy, The Hart Dynasty, Bryan Danielson, William Regal

Team Orton
    Randy Orton, John Cena, Legacy, The Miz
    vs.
    Team Batista
    Batista, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Christian , Kane

Diva’s Title
    Melina(C) vs. Gail Kim vs Jillian

Intercontinental Title Match
    Dolph Ziggler(C) vs. John Morrison

Women’s title Match
    Michelle McCool(C) vs. Mickie James

I'll write it up tonight but someone will have to do BWE:TLC instead of me because it's not fair if I do 2 PPV's in a row

BTW, is Vince's announcment on the permenant GM of Raw happening at Survivor Series?? If so, who'll we pick??

I'll write it up tonight but someone will have to do BWE:TLC instead of me because it's not fair if I do 2 PPV's in a row

BTW, is Vince's announcment on the permenant GM of Raw happening at Survivor Series?? If so, who'll we pick??

If you don't want to do two PPVs then you should pick the one you wnat. If want Survivor Series, do it. If you would prefer TLC then wait for TLC to come around.

Someone else can do Survivor Series if you would prefer TLC.

The announcment is supposed to be at survivor series. I don't mind who does it. Based on who did best in WWE's guest hosts I think Ted Senior may be the most capable of performing a GM role.

If you don't want to do two PPVs then you should pick the one you wnat. If want Survivor Series, do it. If you would prefer TLC then wait for TLC to come around.

Someone else can do Survivor Series if you would prefer TLC.

The announcment is supposed to be at survivor series. I don't mind who does it. Based on who did best in WWE's guest hosts I think Ted Senior may be the most capable of performing a GM role.

I'll do Survivor Series as I've already done a match, will Rjd2 be ok to continue on with this?:)

I'll do Survivor Series as I've already done a match, will Rjd2 be ok to continue on with this?:)

Well enjoy Survivor Series! Good luck. There is no hurry on posting it.

Rjd2 might come back in when he can. We will have to wait and see.

• Advertisement

Well enjoy Survivor Series! Good luck. There is no hurry on posting it.

Rjd2 might come back in when he can. We will have to wait and see.

I've a feeling that this is gonna be the longest show in BWE history. The trad SS matches are really long. 3 matches in and the word count is nearly 700 words:eek::eek:, you must have patience reading it.:):D:D

I've a feeling that this is gonna be the longest show in BWE history. The trad SS matches are really long. 3 matches in and the word count is nearly 700 words:eek::eek:, you must have patience reading it.:):D:D

If you put the effort in to write it I will put the effort in to read it.

If you put the effort in to write it I will put th effort in to read it.

Ah, Touche:D:D:D

DM-ICE, check pm:)

Part 1 is up. This is a long ol' PPV

Part 1 is up. This is a long ol' PPV

Part 1!:eek:

How many parts are there?

no need to reply i'm off to read part 1.

Part 1!:eek:

How many parts are there?

no need to reply i'm off to read part 1.

Sorry, I can't help it. :D:D

There's only 2. Putting it all up in a go would be a mess and it'll be way too long

Part 2 is now up, Sorry if it's OTT but I gave my reason in the notes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Part 2 is now up, Sorry if it's OTT but I gave my reason in the notes :)

Having just read the show, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. I know you explained the reasons for some of the stuff- but you're right, it's OTT. But- WAYYY OTT. Sorry dude, but for me, It was the sort of show that if that were the WWE, everyone would completely tear apart.

I like the theory behind what you did with HHH/Swagger, it was the right outcome, though HHH shouldn't have been portrayed as so weak being a babyface.
    Also I think switching the title to Taker was the wrong decision. Plus, announcing the same stip in the opening match took away from it here.

Aside from that there was far too much shenanigans. Thumbtacks, people set on fire, and a Dusty finsh on all one show!

Not my cup of tea, sorry.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

it did strike me as odd why DX were kinda booked as the Heels alright, made look weak while retaining the title for HHH and HBK getting a mixed reception being tagged in despite being one of the most over people in the WWE (BWE). Maybe the fact that we are enjoying pushing Swagger and thus enjoying Swagger himself made you book him as a face by mistake or maybe you actually were giving him a slight face turn here im not sure.

The idea of having him win the match only for it to be restarted is a good one though as it def continues his push and could give him something to argue about thus keeping the feud going.

id agree partially about the opening stip as tbh unless the title was going to change hands i dont see why it was needed to end the feud. a clean finish would have ended the feud as the champ had succesfully defended his title and thus Morrison should no longer have a claim to another shot at it.

despite saying that i did really enjoy the read which you did do at short notice and you certainly gave me a lot to be able to incorporate into the next SD (my first) that im booking.

thanks aswell for helping out with the booking schedule of upcoming events... i guess we need someone to cover TLC now though

speaking of TLC, Taker as champ might not be ideal as previously suggested using it to elevate Morrison to a potential main eventer may be difficult too coming off his 2nd succesive IC title defeat on PPV.

The idea of having him win the match only for it to be restarted is a good one though as it def continues his push and could give him something to argue about thus keeping the feud going.

despite saying that i did really enjoy the read which you did do at short notice and you certainly gave me a lot to be able to incorporate into the next SD (my first) that im booking.

I should point out that I agree with this, it was the perfect way to get out of a title switch, but really draw attention to Swagger.

And I didn't realise the show was done at short notice, so i hope my criticism is taken as constructive.

• Advertisement

I should point out that I agree with this, it was the perfect way to get out of a title switch, but really draw attention to Swagger.

And I didn't realise the show was done at short notice, so i hope my criticism is taken as constructive.

It was done in around 3/4 hours last night so I'm sorry if the whole thing feels a bit rushed. The Team Raw Vs Team SD match completly drained me and I couldn't think of many ideas of the WHC match.

Well, I say that all criticism is fair criticism. If you didn't like it, you didn't like it and for that, I'm sorry. I knew having read over it that the ending was OTT, but not on that scale:(:( I think I'll edit it later as there's too much weapons (tacks, chairs, fire)

I wanted Straight Edge to be the main heel faction so I made up on how the heels wanted to end the match by any-means. On seeing this, the end to the IC title match isn't really good if it's a last chance match, is it? Team Raw/SD match was really long to do. I thought it would be good if Danielson was the sole survivor. I feel the ending to the BWE title match is good but the WHC, erm... it's not how I wanted it to be seen. I wanted Punk to prey on Taker who's begining to show an emotional side.

It should be known that Kane is fine but could be missing from this week's SD (when the PPV went off the air, Kane escaped from the room with minor injuries from the fire). I think that Kane will feud with Straight-Edge now. Taker could lose the title in the run-up to TLC if we're going ahead with the JoMo/Punk match.

Diva matches were short due to me being tired (sorry:P), Rey rey's injury goes on whether he's actually injured in real life,

Ive already got an idea for the next SD after what went down on the PPV (re Kane/Taker and Straight Edge) but im really not sure what to do with Taker as champ considering the next PPV is TLC. Although i suppose he could do it but would obviously need his opponent to take any bumps and do most of the high flying, suppose that could work with Punk, i.e him taking some big bump at the end to lose and thus atleast temporarily move away from the title scene. We cant have Punk vs Taker for ever but you would have to assume that he will want a rematch having lost his title and is one of the guys id see as capable of having a good TLC match and although the idea previously was for Punk vs Morrison TLC i dont see Taker dropping the title immediately, not in the BWE where title switches seem to mean something.

I enjoyed reading survivor series. It was a tough show to book as it was ard to book an end to the IC feud, WHC feud and make Swagger look good in his feud when it is too soon to put the title on him.

There may have been a few bits that weren't needed based on other comments.

The only thing I may have booked would be have Jo Mo beat Dolph. Then Dolph cost Taker his match out of frustartion. That way we have champion v champion as punk tries to take revenge for Dolph on Jo Mo at TLC while Taker goes after Dolph.

Aftrer that I think Danielson surving by himself was a good way to put the spot light on him. Danielson going after rey again wit batista making the svae Opened up many options with the trio of rey/batista/danielson.

Cena beating on everyone is very stone cold like which is what we would be expecting him to do at this stage.

I enjoyed reading survivor series. It was a tough show to book as it was ard to book an end to the IC feud, WHC feud and make Swagger look good in his feud when it is too soon to put the title on him.

There may have been a few bits that weren't needed based on other comments.

The only thing I may have booked would be have Jo Mo beat Dolph. Then Dolph cost Taker his match out of frustartion. That way we have champion v champion as punk tries to take revenge for Dolph on Jo Mo at TLC while Taker goes after Dolph.

Aftrer that I think Danielson surving by himself was a good way to put the spot light on him. Danielson going after rey again wit batista making the svae Opened up many options with the trio of rey/batista/danielson.

Cena beating on everyone is very stone cold like which is what we would be expecting him to do at this stage.

Good idea, pity I was half asleep doing it:(:( Will I do up the IC Title match and the WHC matches again as, with these idea's, it would be better in relation to booking TLC

Good idea, pity I was half asleep doing it:(:( Will I do up the IC Title match and the WHC matches again as, with these idea's, it would be better in relation to booking TLC

I only based that idea on the comments i read here.

If you are happy with your show leave it as is.

I only based that idea on the comments i read here.

If you are happy with your show leave it as is.

I'll be honest, I'm not entirely happy with it. The ending, to me anyway, seems a right mess. I'll think I'll do it again:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I always end up reading BWE and i enjoy it...and i thought SS was pretty good....fairly crazy in certain parts but reminds me of something out of the attitude era and id imagine it would of been fun to watch....

One minor critism is that theres always way to many run ins.....there was a smackdown put up awhile ago and nearly every match on it had a run in!just kinda gets repetitive after awhile.....

I thought the kane fire thing at ss was pretty cool, maybe he could go back and start kicking ass with the mask and all since he should be all burnt and stuff?

OK guys,

First, thanks for the feedback on Survivor Series. It gave me an idea on whether or not people liked the show

and

Second, I've re-done the Endings to JoMo/Ziggler and Punk/Taker matches. The originals were way OTT and I'm sorry for this. I feel the new endings are much better and are more in line in what we'rre doing

Sirsok wrote: »
    I always end up reading BWE and i enjoy it...and i thought SS was pretty good....fairly crazy in certain parts but reminds me of something out of the attitude era and id imagine it would of been fun to watch....

One minor critism is that theres always way to many run ins.....there was a smackdown put up awhile ago and nearly every match on it had a run in!just kinda gets repetitive after awhile.....

I thought the kane fire thing at ss was pretty cool, maybe he could go back and start kicking ass with the mask and all since he should be all burnt and stuff?

Hey Sirsok (our only reader:D:D)

When I wrote it, I read back over it and didn't really like it but I put it up to see what people would think of it. People really had a mixed view on it but I wanted to change it. I've re-done it now, to what I think, Survivor Series should have been. If people don't like this edit, I'll change it back to the original:):)

Thanks

• Advertisement

Sirsok wrote: »

Thanks for the welcome feedback. I agree there are too many run ins at times. We have come up with a booking guide to try and keep things simple. It is still early days for us in many ways, no booker is even in double digits for shows posted so as we learn individually we will learn as a group.

Thanks again.

If you would have any interest in having a go at booking a show some time let me know. Guest bookers always welcome.

Guys, Here's the current booking list:

BWE Survivor Series - 22 November: Dare 2 Defy

Raw - 7 November:

BWE TLC: 13 December:

All we need is a Raw for December 7 and a PPV booker

Raw - 7 November:

All we need is a Raw for December 7 and a PPV booker

Why don't you do the RAW for the 7th. If you have time obviously.

Re the PPV.

I would like to say I enjoyed the original. There were some very good ideas in it and the show would have made a memorable PPV in real life. T

on reflection perhaps there were almost too many good ideas in it. Its one of the hard things to balance, we can't remember everything. I would of remembered the way Danielson used tacks to make big show submit. It would be a reason to remember the PPV. The kane part of the WHC match topped that momnet so you forget the tacks. So my advice is keep thinking the ideas, they are very good, but only use one big idea at a time.

The edit leads into the next pay per view. Sets up some good feuds going forward and best of all helps the Moment Danielson made show tap stay in you mind.

What I say above is something BWE breaking point suffered with. Orton used a screwdriver to make cena tap while Punk used a chemical to make taker tap. It only needed one of those moments.

Why don't you do the RAW for the 7th. If you have time obviously.

Re the PPV.

I would like to say I enjoyed the original. There were some very good ideas in it and the show would have made a memorable PPV in real life. T

on reflection perhaps there were almost too many good ideas in it. Its one of the hard things to balance, we can't remember everything. I would of remembered the way Danielson used tacks to make big show submit. It would be a reason to remember the PPV. The kane part of the WHC match topped that momnet so you forget the tacks. So my advice is keep thinking the ideas, they are very good, but only use one big idea at a time.

The edit leads into the next pay per view. Sets up some good feuds going forward and best of all helps the Moment Danielson made show tap stay in you mind.

What I say above is something BWE breaking point suffered with. Orton used a screwdriver to make cena tap while Punk used a chemical to make taker tap. It only needed one of those moments.

Thanks DM-ICE,

I could do the Raw so I'll put myself in for the time being, do you want the PPV instead of SD??

In the new edit, I've kept the Danielson/Show/Tacks moment but got rid of the Kane/fire bit. I feel the new edit leads us properly into the build-up for TLC. The original would only lead us into confusion. I completly agree about the memory isue. I kinda used most of my Creativity on Survivor Series instead of a small bit.

Thanks DM-ICE,

I could do the Raw so I'll put myself in for the time being, do you want the PPV instead of SD??

In the new edit, I've kept the Danielson/Show/Tacks moment but got rid of the Kane/fire bit. I feel the new edit leads us properly into the build-up for TLC. The original would only lead us into confusion. I completly agree about the memory isue. I kinda used most of my Creativity on Survivor Series instead of a small bit.

The only way to settle it is by a vote: please put your username after your choice:):)

Keep the Original of SS: (0)
    Keep the New Version of SS: (0)

I'm not sure we need a vote. Are you happier with the new one? If so keep it, if not go back to the original. At the end of the day you took on the PPV and you are entitled to imagine and post the show you want, the show that you feel represents the ideas you have best.

For the mo I will leave keep smackdown. I would like someone else to get a go with a PPV.

I'm not sure we need a vote. Are you happier with the new one? If so keep it, if not go back to the original. At the end of the day you took on the PPV and you are entitled to imagine and post the show you want, the show that you feel represents the ideas you have best.

For the mo I will leave keep smackdown. I would like someone else to get a go with a PPV.

I'd say the new edit wins as it continues in the storylines that we've built up. Thanks DM-ICE for the confidence boost, kinda needed it

Raw - 7 November: Dare 2 Defy

For the mo, I'll take the Raw for December 7 and we need a PPV booker

• Advertisement

I'd say the new edit wins as it continues in the storylines that we've built up. Thanks DM-ICE for the confidence boost, kinda needed it

I was just being honest, You have some great ideas. Wish I had them myself!

id agree with what was said there were some very good ideas in the original but tbh i do like the second edit better and think overall it was a very good PPV that has really helped a number of Superstars.

Danielson & Ziggler both are entering or in high profile feuds now it seems and had big moments at the PPV, costing Taker the title and making Big Show tap out on the tacks. Swagger continues his push and looked vey good against HHH. Morrison is the IC champ and can easily be moved into a main event feud due to his involvement against Straight edge. Those are just some of the young superstars that are helped by this PPV.

potential feuds after SS:

Kofi vs Orton (needs a 1on1)
    Swagger vs HHH (needs to be continued imo)
    CM Punk vs JoMo (a possibility for TLC)
    Danielson vs Rey/Batista
    Taker vs Ziggler
    The Harts vs Sheamus/Finlay
    R-Truth/Mickie vs Drew/McCool
    US title feud
    Cena vs his inner demons/his recent PPV record

Big Show, HBK, Jericho and a few other big names need feuds maybe 1 or 2 could be involved in a no.1 contendr match/angle.

I had an interesting idea for what to do with the Kane ending of the PPV on the next SD but think i can come up with something decent now post edit also. Good work D2D

Kofi vs Orton (needs a 1on1)
    Swagger vs HHH (needs to be continued imo)
    CM Punk vs JoMo (a possibility for TLC)
    Danielson vs Rey/Batista
    Taker vs Ziggler
    The Harts vs Sheamus/Finlay
    R-Truth/Mickie vs Drew/McCool
    US title feud
    Cena vs his inner demons/his recent PPV record

Big Show, HBK, Jericho and a few other big names need feuds maybe 1 or 2 could be involved in a no.1 contendr match/angle.

We also have:
    Miz v Bourne.
    Jericho and Cade.
    Cena probably should be involved with HBK after he turned on him on RAW.

I agree that the new edit is much better dude, well done.

Really, the original had some great stuff, that i personally probably didn't credit you more with. The Danielson booking in particular, and the dusty finish in the HHH/Swagger match were great. There was just too much going on all round for them to stand out, and I guess that's the tough part about booking the entire PPV on your own- keeping everything equally as interesting, and not being repetitve. Good Stuff.

I'm really enjoying the heel work of Straight edge.

They lecture about not using drugs as they are better than that but use everything they can to cheat. Numbers, tacks and chemicals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement