Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BWE: You Book IT!...Discussion thread - Writers needed!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying the heel work of Straight edge.

They lecture about not using drugs as they are better than that but use everything they can to cheat. Numbers, tacks and chemicals.

That's what WWE should be doing with Legacy (minus chemicals and tacks for PG reasons)

Will I do the Raw after TLC as it's the Slammy show or does any one else want it??

Right, after watching Survivor Series, I'd say we can write out
    Rey Mysterio
    for a while

Is Shaneomac know he's doing Raw tonight??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Right, after watching Survivor Series, I'd say we can write out
    Rey Mysterio
    for a while

will try and take care of that on my Smackdown but will leave it vague as we dont know how bad his injury is.

Looking forward to Shaneomacs (afaik he is doing it, he last commented on this thread 4/5 days ago so knows he is up now) Raw now, wonder will it be 3hrs? obviously doesent have to be as we havent mentioned it being so on previous BWE eps but itd be a good way to intro the new pemanent GM Ted Dibiase Sr who im sure will be usefull in that position if his son is to be pushed after potentially turning on Randy down the line.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Is it too early for Mania ideas to be discussed for BWE?

It may be useful to have an idea what we would like to do so we can build to it.

I was thinking for RAW
    Orton v Ted
    HHH v HBK
    Swagger v Cena for WWE Title
    My idea for the above could be to have an elimination chamber match with the above. Orton being eliminated by Ted, Cena winning while HHH and HBK may fhave already fallen out around rumble time.

Smackdown
    Jericho v Taker for WHC
    Punk v Edge

Is it too early for Mania ideas to be discussed for BWE?

It may be useful to have an idea what we would like to do so we can build to it.

I was thinking for RAW
    Orton v Ted
    HHH v HBK
    Swagger v Cena for WWE Title
    My idea for the above could be to have an elimination chamber match with the above. Orton being eliminated by Ted, Cena winning while HHH and HBK may fhave already fallen out around rumble time.

Smackdown
    Jericho v Taker for WHC
    Punk v Edge

I have a feeling the trigger will get pulled on Orton vs Ted before then although if not it would be a cert for Mania. Apart from that that card makes perfect logical sense for now but of course people might slightly tweak it for personal preferences i.e id like to see Jericho face Edge, Taker face Cena (wouldent have to be for a belt ala the interpromotional HBK vs Taker last year) what that would mean for the WHC (probably Batista vs CM Punk) or Swagger i dont know

of course i havent decided who id book to win the rumble yet so take anything i say with a pinch of salt with regards either main event ;)

So it is a bit early to discuss it then. We don't know who will win the rumble or if Edge is coming back. We can wait an see how it goes so.

My ideas were based on how BWE was going rather than what I would like to see at WWE mania this year.

So it is a bit early to discuss it then. We don't know who will win the rumble or if Edge is coming back. We can wait an see how it goes so.

My ideas were based on how BWE was going rather than what I would like to see at WWE mania this year.

well yeah based on how BWE is going you would expect Swagger to get a big match at mania. but also based on just the BWE so far i would expect the Orton/Ted confrontation to be earlier afterall it was already being teased until Ted Sr stepped in as guest host again and told his son "Not yet", and with him now as perma GM i can really imagine someone running the Legacy turn angle at some point maybe even as early as TLC (not that im advocating it) costing Orton his match vs Kofi and in doing so setting up a feud leading into the Rumble, whilst keeping Kofi's push going. Although i suppose even if that happened they could just be put in the Rumble match and Elimination chamber match the following month to hold their feud off till a Mania blow off.

interesting question who do people think should be the 6 Cruiserweights at TLC?

well going by whats been said here before Jamie Noble + 5

I'm not mad about the 6 man TLC idea or the cruiserweight title idea anymore (Why did I mention it then?:p).

We could as easily to a 4 man IC match or something. Bourne is already US champ and the weight division probably isn't big enough to sustain a Title without the holder looking like an also ran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I'm not mad about the 6 man TLC idea or the cruiserweight title idea anymore (Why did I mention it then?:p).

We could as easily to a 4 man IC match or something. Bourne is already US champ and the weight division probably isn't big enough to sustain a Title without the holder looking like an also ran.

I'll throw my two cents in, and say that I'm a fan of cruiserweight action, but not a cruiserweight belt, because it tends to end up segregating the performers and prevent upward mobility for the smaller guys. There needs be no such restrictions in BWE.

A 4-man Ic match sounds great.

And as a very early working card, that's a good one for Mania. Definitely worth aiming towards.

• Advertisement

interesting stat also

This thread 561 posts 8726 views
    The other BWE thread 28 posts and 20,236 views

we obviously have more readers than contributors even if apart from Sirok and the bookers they aint the most vocal bunch.

if we do have a BWE Cruiser division it could potentially (only potentially as people like Bourne wouldent be involved now as he is in the US title hunt) include atm: Mysterio, Bourne, Helms, Low Ki, Danielson, Tyson Kidd, Jimmy Wang Yang, Noble (till we retire him), Kung Fu Naki, Slammaster J, Primo (wiki has him billed at 3lb over the weight limit but im sure we could use him), Hurricane Helms and more although i do agree that it can be deabilitating for wrestlers moving forward i.e i dont think it would be good to have Danielson known as a Cruiser as he could more easily be pushed up the card without that moniker imo

interesting stat also

This thread 561 posts 8726 views
    The other BWE thread 28 posts and 20,236 views

we obviously have more readers than contributors even if apart from Sirok and the bookers they aint the most vocal bunch.

if we do have a BWE Cruiser division it could potentially (only potentially as people like Bourne wouldent be involved now as he is in the US title hunt) include atm: Mysterio, Bourne, Helms, Low Ki, Danielson, Tyson Kidd, Jimmy Wang Yang, Noble (till we retire him), Kung Fu Naki, Slammaster J, Primo (wiki has him billed at 3lb over the weight limit but im sure we could use him), Hurricane Helms and more although i do agree that it can be deabilitating for wrestlers moving forward i.e i dont think it would be good to have Danielson known as a Cruiser as he could more easily be pushed up the card without that moniker imo

Wow:eek::eek::eek:, didn't know we had over 20K+ views on the BWE thread, that's unbelieveable *waves to all our readers*

So, is the Cruserweight division going ahead or not??? If not, the 4-man IC title match will be a good replacement

EDIT: can someone take my Raw on the 7th please, I'll do the 1st Raw after TLC (Slammy awards) instead

Lets have the cruiserweight Match.

Noble wins and retires as champ and retires the belt. Give him a good send off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Is there any real point brining back the belt to retire it the same night? I mean, I like Noble, but thats a bit much.

Some of the guys we were planning to use for the Cruiserweight ladder match like Bourne and Primo could be used in a TLC match for the US title instead

There's really not much sense in bringing the Cruserweight title back for the sake of 1 match. I'd prefer the 4-man US/IC title match instead as Noble has already been forgotton, in my mind anyway.

So have we successfully buried the idea of bringing it back?

I think a 4 man US title match would do the job nicely.

Are we doing the same as WWE. Mathes can be ladder, chair, Table or TLC.

So have we successfully buried the idea of bringing it back?

I think a 4 man US title match would do the job nicely.

Are we doing the same as WWE. Mathes can be ladder, chair, Table or TLC.

Erm... I'd say it's buried. We should just stay with what WWE are using

Pretty much I'd say but what's a chair match???

Erm... I'd say it's buried. We should just stay with what WWE are using

Pretty much I'd say but what's a chair match???

Hmmm, a match where use of a steel chair is legal! Dunno really.

Kinda like a Singapore Cane match. Just loads of chairs all around the ring and you can use them.

On second thoughts, lets stick with TLC, Tables and Ladder matches :D

With regards to Noble, if he's not going to be one of the 4 in the US Title match, we should figure out a way to retire him. Perhaps he wins a qualifying match for the match, but is attacked by a heel before it, who injures him and takes his place in the match . Then Noble retires because of his injuries (sorta what really happened anyway, but at least this way he qualifies for the match which gives him one last strong win before he retires)

• Advertisement

TLC, Tables ladders sounds best.

Not sure about noble. Happy to let him announce his retirement but say he wants one more shot at a belt. Just have him lose in the US title match. I think we should save the heel elimiating someone from a match for a bigger occasion.

Hmmm, a match where use of a steel chair is legal! Dunno really.

Damn you being clever:D:D

In relation to the 2009 Slammy Awards, these were the catorgary's used in 2008:
    Superstar of the Year; Match of the Year; Diva of the Year; "O M G!" Moment of the Year; Couple of the Year; Tag Team of the Year; Finishing Maneuver of the Year; "Damn!" Moment of the Year; Extreme Moment of the Year; Breakout Star of the Year; Announce Team of the Year
    I left out Best Impersonation, Best musical performance and best WWE.COM show.

1) Will we go ahead with the Slammys??
    2) If yes, should we use what the WWE have done up to the time the BWE started.
    3) should we cut down on the 11 catorgary's

1) Will we go ahead with the Slammys??
    2) If yes, should we use what the WWE have done up to the time the BWE started.
    3) should we cut down on the 11 catorgary's

1) I think so. While its kinda pointless, it can give the chance for some great heel promos and stuff. Might be worth doing I reckon
    2) Yes. After all, we're working off what came before BWE started, its only fair we acknowledge it
    3) Perhaps. After all, 'OMG Moment', 'Damn! Moment' and Extreme Moment' are all kinda similar. Doesn't really matter either way though

Guys, Here's the current booking list (again):

BWE Survivor Series - 22 November: Dare 2 Defy

RAW - 23 November: Shanomac
    Smackdown - 27 November: Bounty Hunter
    Raw - 30 November: Furious-Red
    Smackdown - 4 December: paddyirishman85
    Raw - 7 November:
    Smackdown - 11 December: DM-ICE

BWE TLC: 13 December:

All we need is a Raw for December 7 and a PPV booker

My first BWE SD is essentially ready to go whenever Shaneomac post his Raw although it wont be today because i wont see it until tommorow what with the time difference.

nothing too nuts but I think it nicely deals with the shifting feuds after Survivor Series while tieing up some dragging issues from before then.

My first BWE SD is essentially ready to go whenever Shaneomac post his Raw although it wont be today because i wont see it until tommorow what with the time difference.

nothing too nuts but I think it nicely deals with the shifting feuds after Survivor Series while tieing up some dragging issues from before then.

Cool, looking forward to see it and Shaneomac's Raw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Raw - 7 November:

BWE TLC: 13 December:

All we need is a Raw for December 7 and a PPV booker

Looks like i have a little bit of free time coming up, so I could do the PPV if you guys want.

Looks like i have a little bit of free time coming up, so I could do the PPV if you guys want.

Great, its yours so!

I haven't heard from Shanomac yet so I will give him another day to say if he can book the show. If he isn't around we will sort something else for RAW and let him book another show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Hey guys can anyone do this weeks raw instead of me? Up to my eyeballs in college work really sorry. Appreciate it

Shaneomac wrote: »
    Hey guys can anyone do this weeks raw instead of me? Up to my eyeballs in college work really sorry. Appreciate it

Thanks, Best of luck with the college work and jump in when you can.

RAW needs to go up as soon as.

With that in Mind I would be happy to post a show.

But First I would like to offer all bookers a chance to suggest what they would like to see happen on RAW this week.
    I was thinking a short show consisting in part of qualifying matches for the 4 man US title match.

What matches would you like to see set up for TLC?

I was thinking Swagger v HHH tables matches for WWE title.
    Kofi v Orton
    HBK v Cena

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Best of luck with the college work and jump in when you can.

RAW needs to go up as soon as.

With that in Mind I would be happy to psot a show.

But First I would like to offer all bookers a chance to suggest what they would like to see happen on RAW this week. What matches would you like to see set up for TLC.

I was thinking Swagger v HHH tables matches for WWE title.
    Kofi v Orton
    HBK v Cena

Any suggestions?

as you will also be dealing with the fallout from SS id only imagine your show announcing 2 matches, in my smackdown for instance im only sowing the seeds for the next week were they can be announced as there are to be some fresh feuds then. The top two would make sense though and of course have an angle that can hint to HBK/Cena. You could throw in someone making a name for themselves at Nobles expense now if you want considering it seems we are ditching the Cruiser idea.

i can edit it out off the PPV (the announcement) sometime if people want.

• Advertisement

as you will also be dealing with the fallout from SS id only imagine your show announcing 2 matches, in my smackdown for instance im only sowing the seeds for the next week were they can be announced as there are to be some fresh feuds then. The top two would make sense though and of course have an angle that can hint to HBK/Cena. You could throw in someone making a name for themselves at Nobles expense now if you want considering it seems we are ditching the Cruiser idea.

i can edit it out off the PPV (the announcement) sometime if people want.

Editing the PPV announment would be good.

RAW will be very short. I would only announce the tables match and a Kofi v Randy match with the stipulation to be announced. I would hint at HBK v Cena as you suggest.

Rest of show would be qualifying matches for the 4 man US title match, a diva match and a Promo.

I can't get my head around the creative mind needed to post a show tonight. If anyone else would like a go please take over.

I can't get my head around the creative mind needed to post a show tonight. If anyone else would like a go please take over.

I'll do it but the earliest I could do it is tomorrow morning/afternoon. Will that be ok or does anybody want to do it tonight??:):)

I'll do it but the earliest I could do it is tomorrow morning/afternoon. Will that be ok or does anybody want to do it tonight??:):)

Whenever anyone can do it I would be grateful.

My brain is tapped out at the mo, I was doing research and typing up stuff for somone and my brain is in reverse now.

Whenever anyone can do it I would be grateful.

My brain is tapped out at the mo, I was doing research and typing up stuff for somone and my brain is in reverse now.

DM-ICE, there's no need to worry about this. I'll do Raw if no one else wants it. Seeing what way tomorrow goes, I'm thinking that it'll be up by tomorrow afternoon. BH can then post his SD

Just in the middle of writing up Raw there and completly forgot this week's Raw was a 3-hour special. Typical me:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm using HBK's role at Survivor Series to my advantage and am going on the US title match. I don't know whether to put in the Cruserweight title match so I'm leaving it out for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

Guys why don't we add ecw

cmpunk wrote: »
    Guys why don't we add ecw

To be honest, we really don't need it. ECW doesn't really have much of a roster, considering Christian is on SD and ECW will only have 1 match on a PPV.

Also, coming up to Christmas, a couple of people mightn't be able to do their shows. Take this weeks Raw, Shaneomac and DM-ICE couldn't do it so I'm doing it. I have no problems in writing up the shows if needed but to add more would be a bit ridicoulous

If the others want ECW in the BWE, that's fine but I'm against it.

PM BH or DM-ICE about it as they're really in charge of this

Almost finished my Raw, just on the main event

I will just book ecw and add a faw guys from fcw to it

If your going to ignore my points and write it, that's fine but please wait until the other bookers give their opinion on this before posting your show

• Advertisement

Ya I am hopeing that they let me do it

Raw is up. Sorry if it's a bit short but it's all I could think of overnight.

Hope ye like it.:):)

I think this would be a bad idea to be honest. If you want to do ECW, I have no problem with that. As D2D said, we're stretched pretty thin for Raw and Smackdown lately, so I think it'd be a mistake to add it to the regular rotation, but if you wanted to take it on by yourself, fair enough. But you'd have to be aware of who we've taken from ECW that you can no longer use, and it should tie in with the regular BWE (eg, ECW can't suddenly decide to invade Raw or something). But after that, I don't think you really need FCW guys, as ECW is only a one hour show. I think you'd have enough superstars to build some good fueds with without introducing a load of new people into the mix

first off dont just go ahead and do something like that without the say so of the people who have already been booking the BWE. For the same reasons as Dare2Defy and Paddy i dont think ECW is neccesary myself but if enough of the other bookers come in and say they would like to start booking it then I would have no problem adding ECW to the rotation. However that is not too likely especially when you consider that we moved some of the bigger name ECW wrestlers onto other brands already, i.e Shelton & Christian.

my SD will be up (its already completed) as soon as i read D2D's Raw and make sure i didnt write anything that now makes no sense due to something happeneing on Raw

ok you moved all the big names from ecw why not move some of the guys who are doing notting on raw or sdown so we can push some guys

Ezekiel Jackson

Goldust

The Hurricane/Gregory Helms

Tommy Dreamer

Tyler Reks

Vance Archer

Vladimir Kozlov

William Regal

Yoshi Tatsu

Zack Ryder

so t the guys to use on ecw maybe put carlito santino and a faw more guys on the show because there are some other guys that are never going to be used on raw or sdown
    and if i was booking it every weak i will not do anything stupid on it it

as i said if enough of the normal bookers want to add ECW to the mix we will have no problem doing it but so far its 3-0 in favour of not doing it from said writers and tbh i dont know if writing for the superstars who we havent been including on Raw or SD will be all that appealing for them either as well there is a reason we havent included most of them i.e they simply didnt appeal enough to us for us to want to move them to Raw or SD so we could write about em.

my SD is up.

good work on Raw D2D, especially when you consider how short your notice was (not a dig at anyone but obviously nobody expected him to have anything pre planned for this show)

as i said if enough of the normal bookers want to add ECW to the mix we will have no problem doing it but so far its 3-0 in favour of not doing it from said writers and tbh i dont know if writing for the superstars who we havent been including on Raw or SD will be all that appealing for them either as well there is a reason we havent included most of them i.e they simply didnt appeal enough to us for us to want to move them to Raw or SD so we could write about em.

my SD is up.

good work on Raw D2D, especially when you consider how short your notice was (not a dig at anyone but obviously nobody expected him to have anything pre planned for this show)

Thanks, your 1st ever SD is really good. Finally, we have some Tag team closure and JoMo is now Going on a major push. Danielson is now scared for his life of Batista and made Straight Edge looked weak, which is what we want after the PPV.

I think Matt Hardy should be in the next IC Title match as he's becoming a wasted talent imo. His promo at the start of SD was perfect.

Is Kane now a face or is he still a heel?? A Y2J/Christian/Cade looks really good.
    ok you moved all the big names from ecw why not move some of the guys who are doing notting on raw or sdown so we can push some guys

Ezekiel Jackson

Goldust

The Hurricane/Gregory Helms

Tommy Dreamer

Tyler Reks

Vance Archer

Vladimir Kozlov

William Regal

Yoshi Tatsu

Zack Ryder

so t the guys to use on ecw maybe put carlito santino and a faw more guys on the show because there are some other guys that are never going to be used on raw or sdown
    and if i was booking it every weak i will not do anything stupid on it it

I don't really know where to go from here on the ECW thing. I'd say wait until a couple of more responses from the rest of the bookers before doing anything. If anything, you're really describing Superstars NOT ECW

Thanks, your 1st ever SD is really good. Finally, we have some Tag team closure and JoMo is now Going on a major push. Danielson is now scared for his life of Batista and made Straight Edge looked weak, which is what we want after the PPV.

I think Matt Hardy should be in the next IC Title match as he's becoming a wasted talent imo. His promo at the start of SD was perfect.

Is Kane now a face or is he still a heel?? A Y2J/Christian/Cade looks really good.
    thanks

I dont actually know what Kane is tbh. id agree with Matt Hardy to challenge for the IC title but obviously that wouldent be till after the PPV if Morrison is the challenge Punk, or i suppose Hardy could get a shot on an upcoming PPV.

and yeah i def think we needed closure on the Tag situation esp after spending so much time on the tag tournie that Sheamus & Finlay eventually won.

If people can have little rivalries that dont make the TLC ppv card like perhaps your suggested Jericho/Christian/Cade bit its good atm too as they can all come to ahead during and improve the Rumble match too as its the next PPV.

it leaves the next SD booker a lot of work i guess as no matches were announced but some now atleast def have a reason to be booked and niggling issues from previous were cleared up.

Raw - 7 November:

BWE TLC: 13 December: michael.etc....

• Advertisement

BWE TLC card:

200px-TLC_Tables%2C_Ladders_%26_Chairs_%282009%29.jpg

BWE Title Tables match: HHH Vs Jack Swagger
    John Cena Vs Shawn Micheals
    US Title 4 man: Bourne Vs Miz Vs ??? Vs ???

Advertisement