Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BWE: You Book IT!...Discussion thread - Writers needed!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

This should be interesting!! first night!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Im nearly finished writing up Raw so it should be up later on

Ditto with Smackdown!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just put it up there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Just put it up there.

Good stuff.

Nice to see Miz and Kofi mixing with Cena and Orton.:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just put it up there.

yup good stuff, given my a good lot of stuff to work with as i book the next BWE Raw. I've got a feeling that yours will be a good bit better than the real thing tonight too and does build well to the PPV also.

will we really never see Hornswaggle again :eek:

so far announced for BWE Breaking point...

Orton (c) vs Cena - I quit match
    MVP/Henry vs Jericho/Big Show (c)
    DX vs Legacy - No DQ match

was Kofi vs the Miz officially announced last week? i cant remember, kinda erased that Raw from my memory... if so thats all of Raw already set up for breaking point.

SD

CM Punk vs The Undertaker - Submission match

and the Dolph vs Mysterio match which The Cannibal is bound to be currently finding a way around having at BP due to Mysterio's suspension.

Just had another read of the first BWE show.

I felt bad for Hornswoggle being lefty in a pool of blood:(

Felt bad for HHH getting hit on the HEAD with the hammer, BWE must stand for Boards Wrestling Extreme!

I did like the ideas behind Chavo getting made into a respectable performer, Legacy looking more and more credible and the placing of Miz and Kofi in the main event.

It Gives BH a good platform to work from.

Smackdown! is posted.

Smackdown! is posted.

looks good, also looks kinda long for a guy whos had a few whiskeys to read but i notice someone got his debut on this weeks BWE Smackdown, im sure a load of people will be thinking 'damn i wanted to debut him' but im just happy he is on the right brand for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Hmmm, not trying to nitpick but should he have been allowed to debut on one show before he has officially been put on a brand? Are all of the shows allowed to use him for the minute and let him build up some heat by doing the Brock type demolition stuff before officially being debuted, cos if so I think that would be pretty cool and a great boost for all brands. Since he is still tecnically a free-agent since WWE haven't put him on a show, but I think him being just on SD would be a bit unfair on the Raw side since this is supposed to be based on the available roster of each show.

• Advertisement

orestes wrote: »
    Hmmm, not trying to nitpick but should he have been allowed to debut on one show before he has officially been put on a brand? Are all of the shows allowed to use him for the minute and let him build up some heat by doing the Brock type demolition stuff before officially being debuted, cos if so I think that would be pretty cool and a great boost for all brands. Since he is still tecnically a free-agent since WWE haven't put him on a show, but I think him being just on SD would be a bit unfair on the Raw side since this is supposed to be based on the available roster of each show.

guess it all just depends on whatever the next person to book a BWE show does with him. If whoever that person is ;) refers to him as a free agent and has him on their show then yes we can go that way, if not then youd have to expect him to turn up on the next BWE SD to perhaps explain his actions.

The way I took it was, that we started with the same brands, but as time went by the rosters would change based on what we did booking wise. WWE might draft Kane to Raw say, but we have him in a program on Smackdown so we keep him there and the roster automatically becomes different.

The way I took it was, that we started with the same brands, but as time went by the rosters would change based on what we did booking wise. WWE might draft Kane to Raw say, but we have him in a program on Smackdown so we keep him there and the roster automatically becomes different.

yeah that sounds right to me although of course we did suggest that if someone got injured or Suspended a la Rey in real life we would have to work around it on our shows to as an added challenge and cos Injuries/Suspensions do happen.

but with Danielson like has been mentioned atm he is essentially a free agent so until he is written into a roster he can show up wherever and whenever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

The only other problem regarding Danielson is theres a good chance hell be sent to FCW for the stupid reason of teaching him how to 'work' and following that be re-issued with a different name. Will this effect how hes booked on BWE or can he still remain in his ROH gimmick?

Will probably need to set some more firm ground rules on this, but my interpretation is that it is a comparison of how we use talent as opposed to WWE. So, Danielson might tank in WWE, but will probably thrive in BWE.

I'm guessing if WWE call him "Mason the Mutilator" we can still call him Bryan Danielson and book him as the character we've developed him as because it is about our booking vs WWE's and I think that should include debuting new guys to see who does a better job of it. If we have to go retconing things every time WWE make a major change it's going to cause a lot of headaches.

Not sure what way we're gonna go if Danielson gets "Future Endeavoured" though. Does he get FDed in our universe too or do we just keep going with him? Same with any other talent we put in high profile spots. Like I said, too many headaches if you follow WWE's hiring, firings and gimmicks too much. I'd say pay attention to their hirings but ignore the firings and whatever gimmicks they come up with for new talent. Creating gimmicks should be part of our fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Should be interesting how we handle the release situations or if we do just ignore them. If thats the case it could be an idea that we can hire/rehire performers too however it should probably be thrown out there in this forum first who is brought in and additionally if someone is fired and we discover the reasons behind it a few days later we could possibly work it into our storylines too. Just thinking what our product will be like in a few months. Interesting stuff.

• Advertisement

To: The Cannibal

How am I supposed to follow that! Plenty of drama.

I will just have to be boring and go for plenty of wrestling coz i can't top that.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    To: The Cannibal

How am I supposed to follow that! Plenty of drama.

I will just have to be boring and go for plenty of wrestling coz i can't top that.

yep was a top notch write up alright, and after how he wrote in Danielson despite what I wrote about him being a free agent and actually reffered to as such i dont think ill use him on Raw, as tbh he is already part of a decent storyline on SD so his appearance on Raw wouldent really make any sense.

ive got an idea for my Raw atm but it wont be anything too mad as it is the Raw before breaking point and with only two Raws preceeding it (only 1 BWE) I cant really introduce anything too radical as the feuds are already in place for breaking point, instead ill just try and build em further etc

on the point of hirings/releases, I would think we should follow the WWE's lead with regards hirings, because as a comparison to them we should be able to compare like for like so if they hire say Goldberg (not likely to happen) and push him, we should have the same opportunity imo. This should esp be the case considering that to make it more of a challenge for ourselves we are currently taking into consideration real life injuries & suspensions. However when it comes to released superstars I dont think we should stick as closely to real life in as much as If someone is released because they arent being used in the WWE but we have decided to push them in the BWE, we shouldent have to release them cos logically we wouldent as we are actually using them.

It wasnt planned but as far as i can tell the draft champ Flahavaj will be booking the first ever BWE PPV - Breaking Point.

Hirings/firings.

I think We should use hirings on our show.

I also think we should follow Firings in most cases. If its a guy that is pushed on BWE we should keep him, that would mkae sense but if its a guy that we were using as a jobber then we should probably let that person be fired from BWE. I imagine most people released by WWE wouldn't have a big part to play on BWE anyway.

I am in a similar boat to BH re smackdown. Can't do anything mad.

I was bored in work so I have typed up a Show. It is hard to follow on from Cannibals work and leave room for further advancment. I hopw I have managed to do it.

How many mathchs do I need to set for Breaking Point? I think i have come up with a good idea for the womens title. Do I need another match?

How many mathchs do I need to set for Breaking Point? I think i have come up with a good idea for the womens title. Do I need another match?

I think youd only have to do your womens title idea and the IC title one as iirc The Cannibal said a new NO.1 contender would be crowned on the next(your) SD to see who would face Ziggler now that Mysterio had dropped the belt.

that would mean 3 matches from SD, there would prob also be 3 from Raw plus the tag titles match which i guess for this PPV is also a Raw match considering only Jericho isnt on the Raw roster in that match.

• Advertisement

Just looking up, and schedule wise Danielson wouldn't be available for Breaking Point as he is doing CHIKARA that night. He is still okay for Tuesdays though.

Just looking up, and schedule wise Danielson wouldn't be available for Breaking Point as he is doing CHIKARA that night. He is still okay for Tuesdays though.

Good thing you didn't book him in a match so!

Re the IC title, would it be okay to pick a No 1 contender rather than have a match to crown one? If Cannibal would prefer one to be crowned in match i'd be happy to write that but I was thinking the Smackdown Roster is small so I might save a match up between the Mid Card guys for another Edition of BWE Smackdown.

Good thing you didn't book him in a match so!

Re the IC title, would it be okay to pick a No 1 contender rather than have a match to crown one? If Cannibal would prefer one to be crowned in match i'd be happy to write that but I was thinking the Smackdown Roster is small so I might save a match up between the Mid Card guys for another Edition of BWE Smackdown.

id have to re-read The Cannibals SD but i think he just said itd be named on the next SD and that was just me assuming youd have some sort of a match to get that number one contender but your the booker you can do what you want.

id have to re-read The Cannibals SD but i think he just said itd be named on the next SD and that was just me assuming youd have some sort of a match to get that number one contender but your the booker you can do what you want.

Yeah I would like to have a match, but if i did then it cuts down options for later weeks. I was on WWE.com today looking at the roster for Smackdown. Its very small.

I didn't want to handcuff anyone by setting something for the week after mine so I just left the contendership thing kind of vague. I only put it in there in the first place because I felt logic wise there would need to be a justification for bringing the Mysterio/Ziggler match forward to free TV. So I have no issues on how the contender is named.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

It wasnt planned but as far as i can tell the draft champ Flahavaj will be booking the first ever BWE PPV - Breaking Point.

Awesome. Be sure and book me a good'un men.:D

Actually, something just occured to me.

What about the week after Breaking Point or any PPV. Does the guy who has Raw only have 1 day to write it? And Smackdown guy only 2 days?

Should flahavaj be PMing those guys with a rough idea of what he plans to do and who he is putting over so they can start in advance? Or should just for that week, Raw be pushed back to Friday and Smackdown to Saturday or something?

Actually, something just occured to me.

What about the week after Breaking Point or any PPV. Does the guy who has Raw only have 1 day to write it? And Smackdown guy only 2 days?

Should flahavaj be PMing those guys with a rough idea of what he plans to do and who he is putting over so they can start in advance? Or should just for that week, Raw be pushed back to Friday and Smackdown to Saturday or something?

Thats a good point. I guess it depends when Breaking point is being posted. I wouldn't see the shows being delayed that week as a big deal.

The only problem with that would be, that the guy after the delayed week might feel a bit pressed for time as well cause he's waiting on the delayed show, and every subsequent week gets delayed as we get knocked off schedule.

Other solutions would be to just take a one week break after a PPV, but that would give us one less week to work with in build up, and sometimes PPV's only have 3 weeks of build anyway.

Or we could still match them week for week, but change the dates of the PPV's slightly. So if WWE has 3 weeks build for a PPV, we'd take a week break and still do 3 weeks and have the PPV a week later than the actual WWE one.

thats actually a really good point which i had not thought of. Flahavaj is online now so maybe we can get his opinion on it as hes doing breaking point. If needs be i could post my next Raw a bit earlier than usual and maybe DM could do the same with SD so then Flah would have extra time and could maybe get the PPV up early.

but tbh it wont really matter too much if we are a bit behind on one week imo as the only reason we want them before the real thing is so that we have something to compare them to when watching them and sure we can just compare them retrospectivly that week plus from now on shows and PPVs wont be following on from what happened in reality but from what we had posted the previous week.

edit: perhaps Flah could let Ger in on his plans for the PPV or atleast the Raw/tag title matches and then Currythis could just try and have his SD in before SD actually airs and not worry about when the spoilers come out.

• Advertisement

I can have smackdown up as soon as RAW is ready to go.

Actually it might suit, i might not be online monday or tuesday. Actually BH can i send smackdown to you sunday to post if RAW isn't up before monday?

I can have smackdown up as soon as RAW is ready to go.

Actually it might suit, i might not be online monday or tuesday. Actually BH can i send smackdown to you sunday to post if RAW isn't up before monday?

i havent quite finished it as mine has turned far more essay like than i would have liked but it will be up before monday so there should be no need to pm me it but if i fail to do as i say and dont get it up before your going offline for a few days sure pm me with it and ill put both up at once giving Flah loads of time to do up breaking point and maybe fill Ger and Currythis in on what his plans are so they have adequate time to plan their shows.

How big is essay like?

How big is essay like?

as im not finished yet im not sure but similar to The Cannibals (maybe longer when im done) id say plus pictures. But id not planned on doing that much, sure i kept saying to people dont worry you dont have to write that much even spoiler lenght would do... not exactley following my own words but meh

as im not finished yet im not sure but similar to The Cannibals (maybe longer when im done) id say plus pictures. But id not planned on doing that much, sure i kept saying to people dont worry you dont have to write that much even spoiler lenght would do... not exactley following my own words but meh

Meh is right, its about having some fun and if your enjoying putting it together there is no harm.

I didn't think I would be able to write much but I found once I started it was hard to stop.

It is hard to get across subtleties in a few lines, so that's why I kept expanding on the initially basic ideas I had. Twas fun though cause I love exercising the creative muscle.

yeah id agree with both of you on that.

...now I wonder will someone write McGuiness into their show or will he be held off for a bit, might be a good fit for that straight edge group. Ideally though youd have known beforehand and maybe not included Ziggler as CM Punk, Danielson & Nigel would make an awesome group imo and obviously have the ROH connection, infact the ROH connection would be another possible name for em.

McGuinness & Danielson taking the tag team championship from Jericho/Bigshow :pac: so many possibilities with this BWE

Thats a point. We need to nail down how we are going to deal with the debuting superstar issue. I don't actually think anyone should debut before they appear on wwe tv.

My reasoning is not everyone on the forum will have watched Danielson or McGuinness so if you haven't watched them, reading about them on BWE won't mean anything. Thats just my opinion.

Yeah, shame about the missed boat on the Straight Edge group. Could have been some awesome 6 man tags with that trio.

What Smackdown is really hurting for though is some babyfaces. Not sure if you could bring Nigel in as a babyface right off the bat seeing as the young Smackdown audience would know next to nothing about him. After The Undertaker, you've got Matt Hardy who probably isn't a true main event face, and John Morrison who is still slowly building up his face run. Then after that you're looking at your Great Khali's and Finlay's.

• Advertisement

Thats a point. We need to nail down how we are going to deal with the debuting superstar issue. I don't actually think anyone should debut before they appear on wwe tv.

My reasoning is not everyone on the forum will have watched Danielson or McGuinness so if you haven't watched them, reading about them on BWE won't mean anything. Thats just my opinion.

I dunno if that would entirely be the case as just going from what people have posted here previously id say atleast these two would be known atleast through word of mouth and if anything might come across better on here first where they might get a big debut as apposed to after being debuted on ECW perhaps and slowly built up from nothing.

However you may have a point that a real of thumb might need to be established about debuting new superstars.

personally I dont really like the idea of just cos we can people debuting a new superstar immediatley as it will lessen the effect of debuting them. Of course their can be exceptions for instance if you have an idea where a new wrestler would fit ideally into a storylline or whatever.

tbh making rules on these things could be messy so i dunno if its advisable

/ramble

Yeah, shame about the missed boat on the Straight Edge group. Could have been some awesome 6 man tags with that trio.

What Smackdown is really hurting for though is some babyfaces. Not sure if you could bring Nigel in as a babyface right off the bat seeing as the young Smackdown audience would know next to nothing about him. After The Undertaker, you've got Matt Hardy who probably isn't a true main event face, and John Morrison who is still slowly building up his face run. Then after that you're looking at your Great Khali's and Finlay's.

thats true which is even more of a pity why you didnt know about Nigel as perhaps Ziggler coulda been turned face, but not goody goody face more like the typical austin-esque bad boy face.

also that is why your making the Harts kinda turn face made sense, hell even just for the tag division considering how few established tag teams there are and if Jericho/Show retain at the next PPV and then move on to a SD team who else is there for em to face (considering they have already beaten Chad&JTG) ?

It's not like guys are hard to track down in the youtube age. All of Danielson and McGuinness' HDNet work would be up there.

I don't know much about a lot of FCW guys, but I know I could get their shows on Dailymotion if I needed to do a bit of research on who to bring up.

I also think if we wait on WWE, too many people would take impressions from what they do and we'd end up copying to an extent with regards to card position, allignment, gimmick etc.

thats true which is even more of a pity why you didnt know about Nigel as perhaps Ziggler coulda been turned face, but not goody goody face more like the typical austin-esque bad boy face.

also that is why your making the Harts kinda turn face made sense, hell even just for the tag division considering how few established tag teams there are and if Jericho/Show retain at the next PPV and then move on to a SD team who else is there for em to face (considering they have already beaten Chad&JTG) ?

Ziggler being a part of Straight Edge (A name that could cause a problem when edge returns?) allows him to increase his profile and maybe turn face later on. It would be a natural progression eventually, Maybe his relationship with Maria could continue in BWE and she could turn him to the good side.

It's not like guys are hard to track down in the youtube age. All of Danielson and McGuinness' HDNet work would be up there.

I don't know much about a lot of FCW guys, but I know I could get their shows on Dailymotion if I needed to do a bit of research on who to bring up.

I also think if we wait on WWE, too many people would take impressions from what they do and we'd end up copying to an extent with regards to card position, allignment, gimmick etc.

Fair comment. In reality a debut isn't going to happen that often so i'm probably over thinking it.

I could see McGuinness getting brought up pretty quick. At 33 I don't see them sending him to developmental long. Past that though, I think it would pretty much be guys being brought up in a more spaced out period.

• Advertisement

by the way look what i found after a quick google images search under the heading BWE logo
    m_2.jpg

and no i didnt make that... doubt id be able to or have the patience to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

there wouldn't really be too many storyline twists/beginnings or whatever in a ppv so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for flahavaj to fill me in on what he's doing, I'm sure we'll work it out.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    there wouldn't really be too many storyline twists/beginnings or whatever in a ppv so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for flahavaj to fill me in on what he's doing, I'm sure we'll work it out.

very true ill still put my Raw up a bit early (now) and we know DM-ICE's SD is already complete so will probably be put up on Sunday, thus Flah will have loads of time to put together the PPV for next weekend and let you know what happens on the Raw side of things (and perhaps currythis on the SD side) so we should not have to much trouble adjusting to writing around a ppv.

ive cut mine down massivley in size (had described it as essay like), as i tend to include a lot of pics in my posts like this (like in the draft thread) and thus like to evaluate my posts before putting them up so i send them to myself via PM which has a 7000 letter limit many of which get taken up by image urls, so my post is around (exactly) 7000 letters long now inc pics :D.

edit: aww nuts there is a limit to the amount of pics i can use per post, forgot about that.... itl be up later

2nd Edit: ok its up now, all i did was split it into 2 posts so im annoyed i cut back on the quantity of the post in the first place but it still gets across everything i was going for.

**** Texas Clover Leaf, thats my smackdown main event ending ruined. I will have to use another move.

Good show though.

**** Texas Clover Leaf, thats my smackdown main event ending ruined. I will have to use another move.

Good show though.

wow what a coincidence sorry man (guess its a good thing i put it up easrly so), but thanks :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement