Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BWE: You Book IT!...Discussion thread - Writers needed!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

wow what a coincidence sorry man (guess its a good thing i put it up easrly so), but thanks :)

Its no big deal, I just wanted a submission move that was easily recognisable and not used by anyone else as a regular finisher.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Its no big deal, I just wanted a submission move that was easily recognisable and not used by anyone else as a regular finisher.

yep exactley what i wanted, although with mine being i quit and not submission i guess yours woulda been more important but then again i doubt it woulda been your main event in question as both Punk & Taker have established (maybe not so much Punk in WWE) Submission moves.

yep exactley what i wanted, although with mine being i quit and not submission i guess yours woulda been more important but then again i doubt it woulda been your main event in question as both Punk & Taker have established (maybe not so much Punk in WWE) Submission moves.

I was going to give it to someone other than punk. Texas cloverleaf is a good fit for Orton.

I assume Punk is going to use the anaconda vice or another submission move on wwe smackdown next week so I won't be mentioning Punks Submission move by name on BWE smackdown. Thats just in case he comes up with something good next week that isn't the anaconda vice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Great write up BH . Really liking the whole idea of writing our own results

Had to put mine up now, i'm busy tomorrow and i know i won't be online monday or tuesday.

Its a bit long so sorry about that. I am also prone to the odd tipeing error or spleling error so apologies for any mistakes.

Now I have mine up i was able to enjoy BH's raw. Apart from continuation of the Breaking Point feuds that was done well I also liked the mid to lower card developments.

Swagger walking out Cena, siding with Legacy.
    Carlito and Primo starting up again.
    Respectability back to chavo during his feud with Bourne.
    They all bring good options for the future of BWE Raw,

Higher up the card

I liked the possible opening of a DX v Jerishow feud.
    Kofi v Miz should be on WWE Breaking point.
    The Texas Cloverleaf really suits orton. Especially when we know he can't do a good headlock!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Good shows both. Looking forward to seeing how the first BWE booked PPV turns out.

Good shows both. Looking forward to seeing how the first BWE booked PPV turns out.

I am looking forward to it also.
    card
    BWE Breaking point, matches announced:
    CM Punk (c) vs The Undertaker - Submission
    Orton (c) vs Cena - I quit
    DX vs Legacy - No DQ match
    MVP/Henry vs Jericho/Big Show (c)
    Kofi Kingston (c) vs The Miz - US title
    Dolph Ziggler(c) vs Jo Mo - IC title match - Win by Pin Fall only
    Melina v Natalya - Natalya defends on behalf of the Injured Mc Cool (c) in a divas Submission match.

Now I have mine up i was able to enjoy BH's raw. Apart from continuation of the Breaking Point feuds that was done well I also liked the mid to lower card developments.

Swagger walking out Cena, siding with Legacy.
    Carlito and Primo starting up again.
    Respectability back to chavo during his feud with Bourne.
    They all bring good options for the future of BWE Raw,

Higher up the card

I liked the possible opening of a DX v Jerishow feud.
    Kofi v Miz should be on WWE Breaking point.
    The Texas Cloverleaf really suits orton. Especially when we know he can't do a good headlock!

unlike yourself and TheCannibal i didnt put in a lil bit of an explanation below my post, so ill use your above points.

with the Swagger thing iirc its similar to how he debuted on Raw, refusing to fight Orton who he said he respected as part of a gauntlet of new wrestlers. It also opens up the possibility that maybe Legacy will owe him a favour in the future.

Carlito/Primo & Chavo/Bourne are just possible things for the next Raw writer to work with if they so choose not related to the PPV matches that had to be the focus of the show.

DX vs Jericho/Show is a possibility but i doubt it would be for the next PPV as it would prob be SD's turn to have a go at the tag titles although with less faces on SD you never know.

Now since youd that for me I'll do the same for yourself:

I like Drew McIntrye's first match which made perfect sense giving him a win or R-Truth but not a conclusive one as there is life in that feud.

JTG v Jericho v Kidd would be a great match and it makes me laugh that both you and myself used only Jericho and not Big show in matches this week, also the slow burning face turn for the Harts makes sense as does using Natayla in a submission match and as the heel before that turn becomes full on.

most of the rest Taker, Danielson, Jo Mo, Punk, Ziggler etc i think you covered yourself although along the lines of what you said about Ziggler I like that him/Maria get a backstage segment as it fits with past SDs where we have often seen them backstage except now instead of people warning maria about Ziggler, its Maria warning Ziggler about his straight edge buddys.

only one thing im not sure of, at one point you said - (Had to cancel this match after wwe did it last week) - It didnt happen last week in the BWE though when The Cannibal was the booker so it doesent matter what the WWE do, although maybe you just didnt wanna be seen as copying them so cancelled your plans.
    I am looking forward to it also.
    card
    Melina v Natalya - Natalya defends on behalf of the Injured Mc Cool (c) in a divas Submission match.

Should be a good bit there for Flahavaj to work with alright

I like Drew McIntrye's first match which made perfect sense giving him a win or R-Truth but not a conclusive one as there is life in that feud.

JTG v Jericho v Kidd would be a great match and it makes me laugh that both you and myself used only Jericho and not Big show in matches this week, also the slow burning face turn for the Harts makes sense as does using Natayla in a submission match and as the heel before that turn becomes full on.

I didn't want to do anything mad with Drew and truth as we have yet to see him in a match since his return to WWE TV.

Re Big Show, At least you mentioned him. I decided to get rid of the three big guys out of the altogether and didn't even mention them by name!

I look forward to a Kidd v Jericho match some day, I included JTG as it suited the storyline from last week but I really wanted to save Kidd v Jericho for a feud between the two

most of the rest Taker, Danielson, Jo Mo, Punk, Ziggler etc i think you covered yourself although along the lines of what you said about Ziggler I like that him/Maria get a backstage segment as it fits with past SDs where we have often seen them backstage except now instead of people warning maria about Ziggler, its Maria warning Ziggler about his straight edge buddys.

When i was considering why Dolph would join Punk and Danielson i couldn't think of a reason apart from Punk was after convincing him to join. So thats why i wanted to have Maria warn Dolph about Punk, I never considered WWE had everyone warning Maria about Dolph but now Its Maria handing out warnings.

only one thing im not sure of, at one point you said - (Had to cancel this match after wwe did it last week) - It didnt happen last week in the BWE though when The Cannibal was the booker so it doesent matter what the WWE do, although maybe you just didnt wanna be seen as copying them so cancelled your plans.

I had this match done out but if featured use of weapons and a weird ending. When I read back my show and the cannibals show they had alot of attacks and Use of weapons so I needed to chnage this match around.
    So after WWE did the same match I decided to take it out altogeter..

• Advertisement

That picture you found of Mark Henry, that was great, he looked really mean in that photo. He usually looks like just a big fat fella. But he looked pretty solid in that photo.

That picture you found of Mark Henry, that was great, he looked really mean in that photo. He usually looks like just a big fat fella. But he looked pretty solid in that photo.

back in his Sexual chocolate phase

back in his Sexual chocolate phase

He needs a new hair cut so, I didn't realise it was from that long ago. It makes sense now as he was carrying less weight then.

Where did you see the Gail Kim interferance going, Are you thinking a heel turn for her?

He needs a new hair cut so, I didn't realise it was from that long ago. It makes sense now as he was carrying less weight then.

Where did you see the Gail Kim interferance going, Are you thinking a heel turn for her?

ill be perfectley honest i didnt put that much thought into that one but that is a direction someone booking Raw in the future could take and she would def be able to pull it off. Perhaps being annoyed that she wasnt involved in the title match that Bob Barker had just made, I guess I didnt really wanna announce two matches for the next PPV only 1 week before it either and didnt think we needed two womens matches at the PPV and since you had already said you had an idea for your womens match despite the fact that your champ is out injured i decided to have a title match on Raw as there usually is atleast 1 title match on the TV shos even if the title doesent change hands.

on the topic of Bob Barker/Guest hosts, id say itl be up to whoever is booking the show as to wether we use guest hosts as i used Bob but the previous raw didnt have Mayweather on it. It was on WWE before the BWE kicked into action though so it is something which if we decide to can be carried over.

atm this is the booking schedule

1. Furious-Red
    2. The Cannibal
    3. Bounty Hunter
    4. DM-ICE

5. Flahavaj....PPV - Breaking point
    6. Gerard.C...Raw Sept 14th
    7. Currythis...SD
    8. Geeky...Raw Sept 21st
    9. Rjd2...SD
    10. Shaneomac...Raw Sept 28th
    11. DieselQueen...SD

after DQ's Smackdown is the next PPV 'Hell in a Cell'

so Furious red will be in charge of that and The Cannibal who did SD will then be doind the Raw after the PPV meaning that atm (and hopefully from now on) there is no need for me to change the line-up to avoid people doing the same show again and again.

If someone new was to join the BWE creative team id say they should be placed on the list after whoever went last so atm it would be after DM-ICE's next show.

Pity we didn't start with Summerslam, you could have switched the titles onto DX and with Breaking Point in Montreal, you could have done DX Vs The Hart Dynasty :eek:

The atmosphere for that would have been interesting.

atm this is the booking schedule

1. Furious-Red
    2. The Cannibal
    3. Bounty Hunter
    4. DM-ICE

5. Flahavaj....PPV - Breaking point
    6. Gerard.C...Raw Sept 14th
    7. Currythis...SD
    8. Geeky...Raw Sept 21st
    9. Rjd2...SD
    10. Shaneomac...Raw Sept 28th
    11. DieselQueen...SD

after DQ's Smackdown is the next PPV 'Hell in a Cell'

so Furious red will be in charge of that and The Cannibal who did SD will then be doind the Raw after the PPV meaning that atm (and hopefully from now on) there is no need for me to change the line-up to avoid people doing the same show again and again.

If someone new was to join the BWE creative team id say they should be placed on the list after whoever went last so atm it would be after DM-ICE's next show.

I like the way that worked out, in two PPVs everyone except Flah gets to do a RAW and a Smackdown. Getting the first PPV makes up for that so it worked out very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

woo last smackdown before HIAC!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Just wondering as regards title changes should we confer over whether any changes are to occur especially the major titles or is it entirely up to the weeks boards gm/booker to keep with the randomness in direction of it all.

• Advertisement

Shaneomac wrote: »
    Just wondering as regards title changes should we confer over whether any changes are to occur especially the major titles or is it entirely up to the weeks boards gm/booker to keep with the randomness in direction of it all.

id assume its totally up to the person booking the show but usually we would (like in the real WWE) keep title changes for PPVs, not to say that someone couldent book a title change for a SD / Raw if they want but of course it would have to make some sort of booking sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Jesus lads, i didn't realise how far into this ye had gone and wasn't aware twas my turn to do the PPV. I'll get cracking now this week.

I'd be grateful if people gave their opinions as to what the outcomes of the matches should be, especially title changes, as it shouldn't be just my call I don't think. Certainly the 4 lads who put so much work into going before me should air their views as they would obviously have their own vision as to how things should be going as well as the lads coming after.

I've also got a few little plans in mind for events during the PPV that will help set up feuds for the following weeks of TV but I'll keep them as a surprise for now I think. ;-)

flahavaj wrote: »
    I'd be grateful if people gave their opinions as to what the outcomes of the matches should be, especially title changes, as it shouldn't be just my call I don't think. Certainly the 4 lads who put so much work into going before me should air their views as they would obviously have their own vision as to how things should be going as well as the lads coming after.
    okie doke although obviously you should have the final call on everything as hopefully we will all get a chance at doing PPVs (furious-red is up next iirc with HIAC)

All matches have only had a few weeks build just like with the real thing and in all but 2 cases they are different/fresh feuds. Fresh feuds usually dont lead to an imediate title change either and I wouldent really expect CM Punk to drop his newly acquired title belt already, instead that if that was to happen maybe it taking place at HIAC might make more sense.

However I was in charge of a BWE Raw so ill focus on their feuds:

Cena/Orton has been built in a way that doesent suggest it has to go either way for instance in my final Raw before Breaking Point Legacy had the upper hand but the show ended with them having to run from DX/Cena who were standing tall as the show went off air. Neither is however someone who would be expect to say I Quit and it could be a big loss for either if it was a clean finish so I would not be surprised if you didnt book it to go down like that. If I had to pick who would win in a non-clean fashion, well Orton would make the most sense as the heel and as that would mean clean or not Cena had failed in two shots at the title so would not neccesarily have to get another one leaving it open for HHH vs Orton to finally be put to bed in a HIAC match.

DX vs Legacy: I would kind of expect Legacy to be put over here (in the BWE) as DX got the victory at SS but if that were to happen youd then almost expect a rubber match and if the plan was for HHH vs Orton afterwards, but i suppose both Legacy & Orton could finsih up their Breaking point feuds on the following Raw. Similarily you might need to think about how two well established main-eventers like HBK & HHH could loose to Legacy without looking weak. I guess something like Orton helping them out and thus re-igniting the HHH feud would be a possibility. (of course this and the HHH vs Cena suggestions are kinda based off how i can see HHH/Orton being the logical Raw HIAC match which of course we dont neccesarily need to book)

Kofi vs The Miz: Here is the match that is really 100% up to you imo, of course they all are but this is a fresh match that the results of dont have to be worked into an ongoing storyline. I wouldent expect Kofi to drop the belt as this isnt all that much of a meaning full feud but sometimes going against expectations is better and perhaps it would be easier in the future to push The Miz into more meaningfull feuds for the belt so a title switch wouldent be bad.

MVP/Henry vs Jericho/Big Show: there could be a surprise here but id expect to see Jericho and Big Show go over unless this feud is to go on longer. Plus SD is heel heavy atm so perhaps returning Jericho to singles combat on SD might not be the best idea atm

Thanks BH. How long do I have until I post the PPV? Until the actual PPV itself airs?

Thanks BH. How long do I have until I post the PPV? Until the actual PPV itself airs?

I guess so but if you wanna/feel up to throwing up a bit a bit early it might help Ger get his done before or around the time of the next Raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Am I too late to give it a shot????

• Advertisement

Am I too late to give it a shot????

its not too late although we will have to establish some sort of cut of point soon, but i will have to ask you as unlike the others your actually new to the board, do you think youll be posting regularily? and can you say for sure youll be up for doing this more than a month down the road? as atm If i add you to the list you will be after DM-ICE's next show which wont be for around another 6weeks.

Edit:
    to the current people involved when do you think we should make the cut off point for new writers?

afterwards we can run it like the mob do i.e no new members until old members die off (or you know withdraw from the creative team :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

its not too late although we will have to establish some sort of cut of point soon, but i will have to ask you as unlike the others your actually new to the board, do you think youll be posting regularily? and can you say for sure youll be up for doing this more than a month down the road? as atm If i add you to the list you will be after DM-ICE's next show which wont be for around another 6weeks.

Well, I post mainly in the Pro Wrestling section and I can see myself continuing to contribute to this section in the future:):)

Well, I post mainly in the Pro Wrestling section and I can see myself continuing to contribute to this section in the future:):)

okie doke... your in!

good timing too, right as i ask the creative team about us limiting the amount of people involved and tbh i can imagine us stopping additions soon as iirc we have around 12 atm so you only get to do one write up ever 6 weeks or so.

ill update the list later

Part 1 of PPV is up lads, let me know what ye think.

Part 1 of PPV is up lads, let me know what ye think.

Obviously the idea of a tag team tournament is a very interesting one, plus one thing I particularily like about it is the fact that it gives a chance to book ECW wrestlers also which atm we cant do as we only handle Raw & SD.

The Harts having a strong showing makes perfect sense also considering where Breaking point takes place as does Natayla's attack on McCool considering the groups slow face turn.

As i said I can see the Miz being easier to book in storylines so a belt around his waist is a plus in my mind but that of course shouldent be a reason people dont try and push Kofi.

looking forward to pt2

• Advertisement

Obviously the idea of a tag team tournament is a very interesting one, plus one thing I particularily like about it is the fact that it gives a chance to book ECW wrestlers also which atm we cant do as we only handle Raw & SD.
    EXACTLY why I did it. An easy way to sneak ECW talent like Shelton, Seamus and Christian onto the BWE's TV shows in a logical and choesive way. It also gives rise to so so many storylines with tag teams breaking up etc, gives guys like Kane who would otherwise forgotten about something to do, gives rise to tonnes of potential for TV matches that actually now mean something and most of all making the tag belts seem important again. Remember the days of the Attitude era when literally everyone had a tag partner or a faction to be a member of? I think doing this would make the BWE product much more interesting.
    The Harts having a strong showing makes perfect sense also considering where Breaking point takes place as does Natayla's attack on McCool considering the groups slow face turn.

As i said I can see the Miz being easier to book in storylines so a belt around his waist is a plus in my mind but that of course shouldent be a reason people dont try and push Kofi.

looking forward to pt2
    Exactly, pushing the Harts and a guy like Miz gives the BWE that fresh andnew feel that the real life WWE has lacked for ages.

Thats a theme I'm going to continue in part 2 I think, time for some fresh blood in the Main Events I think........(I'll have it up in the next few days).;)

EXACTLY why I did it. An easy way to sneak ECW talent like Shelton, Seamus and Christian onto the BWE's TV shows in a logical and choesive way. It also gives rise to so so many storylines with tag teams breaking up etc, gives guys like Kane who would otherwise forgotten about something to do, gives rise to tonnes of potential for TV matches that actually now mean something and most of all making the tag belts seem important again. Remember the days of the Attitude era when literally everyone had a tag partner or a faction to be a member of? I think doing this would make the BWE product much more interesting.

Sorry for not giving Input on the smackdown matches for the PPV. You did pretty well with what you came up with. Natalya turning on McCool was something I hoped for. Ziggler beating Morrison I was also keen on.

After that my advice would of been to not start or end many feuds, its just an opinion but if we don't run with things over a few months then we run out of feuds.

The Tag team tournament could be interesting and I look forward to part 2 of the show. As I won't be writing a smackdown show for a while my only input is I wouldn't like to see everyone being in a tag team or a faction. Its basically what TNA is like and it makes it a pain in the hole.

I think RAW and Smackdown has potential for some good feuds between individuals and we shouldn't lose sight of that just becasue wwe have made and arse of it on RAW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Mere do I have to use Trish Stratus as my guest host or can I pick a different one?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Mere do I have to use Trish Stratus as my guest host or can I pick a different one?

Resists urge to put use and Trish in a dirty pun post.

BH suggested you don't have to follow WWE's guest host. I reckon you could appoint a permanent GM if you wanted!
    on the topic of Bob Barker/Guest hosts, id say itl be up to whoever is booking the show as to wether we use guest hosts as i used Bob but the previous raw didnt have Mayweather on it. It was on WWE before the BWE kicked into action though so it is something which if we decide to can be carried over.

Gerard.C wrote: »

you dont have to use Trish afterall Furious Red didnt use any guest host the week before me, but i dunno if you can pick whoever you want as well WWE do have certain limitations with this regard hense they have only had people who are pimping new books/films or former employee's etc and we shouldent really be able to make it easier for ourselfves to book better shows.

id be interested to see what others think about this though (edit didnt notice someone else had already responded)

you dont have to use Trish afterall Furious Red didnt use any guest host the week before me, but i dunno if you can pick whoever you want as well WWE do have certain limitations with this regard hense they have only had people who are pimping new books/films or former employee's etc and we shouldent really be able to make it easier for ourselfves to book better shows.

id be interested to see what others think about this though

I think it should be up to whoever books the show.

For me I would prefer to ditch the Guest GM idea amd appoint a GM. It would provide more continuity in storylines.

Will be throwing part 2 of the PPV up now in the next hour lads.

have been in discussions with Gerard C whos doing RAW next and we've come up with a few slobberknockers BAH GAWD!!!

He has the fertile mind of Gabe Sapolsky circa. 2005 that Gerard I tells ya, if IWW had any sense they'd appoint him head booker ASAP.:D

have been in discussions with Gerard C whos doing RAW next and we've come up with a few slobberknockers BAH GAWD!!!

He has the fertile mind of Gabe Sapolsky circa. 2005 that Gerard I tells ya, if IWW had any sense they'd appoint him head booker ASAP.:D

Have you a Gerard C tattoo?

I only ask as I want one.........

Don't see any problems with a permanent GM as long as they are presently employed by WWE like Dusty or someone.

Don't see any problems with a permanent GM as long as they are presently employed by WWE like Dusty or someone.

Would you prefer a permanent GM or the guest GM?

• Advertisement

the idea of appointing a long term GM makes sense and yeah should prob be someone employed by WWE, i just dont want people to go the route of booking anyone at all to host Raw because WWE cant do that themselves even when going the guest host route.

btw i asked before but should we limit the amount of people able to join the BWE Creattive team? i think we have 12 atm which means that we will each only book a show once in just under 6 weeks and in my opinion that is probably enough.

We could have a backup list of people interested maybe, who could join the team if one person has to drop out perhaps, i.e anyone who shows an interest from now on.

I would prefer a permanent one for a number of reasons.

Most of the celebrities are only there to plug something and often have a limited wrestling knowledge.

PPV build suffers from their presence because the show gets built around the guest of the week rather than the upcoming show.

Also, if we follow the celebrity of the week format we're likely to often get celebrities we've never heard of and won't know how to book. I knew Bob Barker was the host of the Price is Right and was in the Happy Gilmore movie, but that's ALL I knew of him.

If they start throwing out NFL guys and stuff we'll be totally stumped.

the idea of appointing a long term GM makes sense and yeah should prob be someone employed by WWE, i just dont want people to go the route of booking anyone at all to host Raw because WWE cant do that themselves even when going the guest host route.

btw i asked before but should we limit the amount of people able to join the BWE Creattive team? i think we have 12 atm which means that we will each only book a show once in just under 6 weeks and in my opinion that is probably enough.

We could have a backup list of people interested maybe, who could join the team if one person has to drop out perhaps, i.e anyone who shows an interest from now on.

You could do a second group of people to cover ECW and Impact maybe if you get enough. Maybe do a system for a head to head ratings war :p

I would prefer a permanent one for a number of reasons.

Most of the celebrities are only there to plug something and often have a limited wrestling knowledge.

PPV build suffers from their presence because the show gets built around the guest of the week rather than the upcoming show.

Also, if we follow the celebrity of the week format we're likely to often get celebrities we've never heard of and won't know how to book. I knew Bob Barker was the host of the Price is Right and was in the Happy Gilmore movie, but that's ALL I knew of him.

If they start throwing out NFL guys and stuff we'll be totally stumped.

I agree with all that. The Show would be easier if there is a permanent GM and WWE are only running with the idea for ratings so I'd prefer it to be ditched by BWE. Maybe we could come up with a permanent GM by voting?

RE Writers: I think 12 is enough writers for now. A reserve list is best way to go.

You could do a second group of people to cover ECW and Impact maybe if you get enough. Maybe do a system for a head to head ratings war :p

just wouldent be right if Machismo fan wasnt head booker of the BNA though :p as awesome as a rating war would be unless we suddenly get a load of TNA fans demanding this gets the go ahead (that aint happening), I think we have enough stickies atm.
    DM-ICE wrote:
    RE Writers: I think 12 is enough writers for now. A reserve list is best way to go.

if others agree, ill consider the creative team officially closed for now

Loved the end to the Punk and Taker match.

Loved the end to the Punk and Taker match.

Ger's idea to be fair. I've said it before and no doubt I will again, but if he had the looks to go with his brains he'd be some man to run the country.:pac:

I realise I've had the heels win all three of teh kast matches but I'm fed up WWE's cliched booking convention that states the face must win the final match. It just makes everything so boring and pedictable. With Punk and Legacy getting wins it establishes them as equals to the likes of Taker, HHH and HBK. These guys are so well established, they can easily afford to be poushed down the card a little, no amount o defeats will affect their credibility at this stage, whereas constant defeats will kill that of Punk and Legacy.

I think the PG rating definitively went out the window with this show, especially the Orton/Cena match :p

Also interesting to see that apart from Natalya who is slowly turning, not one babyface went over on the show. Heel domination for the nation! Which is cool, because it sets up Hell in a Cell as a huge payback show. Should be awesome.

I think the PG rating definitively went out the window with this show, especially the Orton/Cena match :p

Also interesting to see that apart from Natalya who is slowly turning, not one babyface went over on the show. Heel domination for the nation! Which is cool, because it sets up Hell in a Cell as a huge payback show. Should be awesome.

I think myself the PG rating is boll*x for a start. WWE's busines was at its absolute peak during the Attitude era. Plus you can always get away with more on PPV.

As I said I'm aware the heels all went over for the most part, but the oldest trick in the book is to give the faces something to chase and make the fans want to pay to se the heels get their comeuppance. You can only do that by giving the heels the upper hand initially.

• Advertisement

Ger's idea to be fair. I've said it before and no doubt I will again, but if he had the looks to go with his brains he'd be some man to run the country.:pac:

I realise I've had the heels win all three of teh kast matches but I'm fed up WWE's cliched booking convention that states the face must win the final match. It just makes everything so boring and pedictable. With Punk and Legacy getting wins it establishes them as equals to the likes of Taker, HHH and HBK. These guys are so well established, they can easily afford to be poushed down the card a little, no amount o defeats will affect their credibility at this stage, whereas constant defeats will kill that of Punk and Legacy.

I think Punk and Legacy winning the way they did makes perfect sense. The endings of the three matches helps the heels but protects the faces which is what you'd want.

Advertisement