Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BWE: You Book IT!...Discussion thread - Writers needed!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

all the heels going over you say hmm sounds like a post i made a few hours ago ;)

nah only joking man, enjoyed the read myself and despite it being Ger's idea (not that thats a bad thing but this is flah's feedback) I especcially liked how the Punk match ended. Gives him real heel heat and guarantees that their feud isnt over as Taker will seek retribution no doubt in Hell In a Cell, or so one would think... who knows what these crazy BWE bookers will do.
    DM-ICE wrote:
    I think Punk and Legacy winning the way they did makes perfect sense. The endings of the three matches helps the heels but protects the faces which is what you'd want.

agree 100% on that, HHH for example cant look bad getting pinned when he has just taken a shot from the same sledgehammer he has used to defeat so many big names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Have you a Gerard C tattoo?

I only ask as I want one.........

I don't need one, his name is etched on my heart forever.:pac::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

My raw is nearly done now, I'll put it up tomorrow. Tis a good one I think anyway. Iwent with a guest host for the craic of it anyway

Gerard.C wrote: »
    My raw is nearly done now, I'll put it up tomorrow. Tis a good one I think anyway. Iwent with a guest host for the craic of it anyway

Lads I'm not joking when I say that Ger's choice of GM and the comedy segments hes put together are f*cking HILARIOUS, legitimately.

shur i have it done, ill fire it up there now in a minute

• Advertisement

shur i have it done, ill fire it up there now in a minute
    Greatest ending to a RAW ever. Roaring laughing.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Greatest ending to a RAW ever. Roaring laughing.:pac:

Bush reading my pet goat to the kids....Classic!

Santino the mexican :D

and yet despite throughly having a laugh you still furtherd all the storylines nicely, but now heading towards HIAC whatever will the result of the main event mean :p

Swagger getting a nice lil push too on Raw

Bush reading my pet goat to the kids....Classic!

Santino the mexican :D

and yet despite throughly having a laugh you still furtherd all the storylines nicely, but now heading towards HIAC whatever will the result of the main event mean :p

Swagger getting a nice lil push too on Raw

We had a little idea for Evan Bourne, that Ricky Steamboat would become his mentor so to speak, hence the little interraction. Have Steamboat start to acompany him to ringside etc and say how he sees a young Ricky Steamboat in Bourne etc. I think it would really help get him over if it was cointinued over the weeks. Even have Bourne persuade him out of retirement to tag with him, and eventually have a matche between them based on respect, where Bourne gets put over big time with the win. I think it could be the makings of him.

We had a little idea for Evan Bourne, that Ricky Steamboat would become his mentor so to speak, hence the little interraction. Have Steamboat start to acompany him to ringside etc and say how he sees a young Ricky Steamboat in Bourne etc. I think it would really help get him over if it was cointinued over the weeks. Even have Bourne persuade him out of retirement to tag with him, and eventually have a matche between them based on respect, where Bourne gets put over big time with the win. I think it could be the makings of him.

and now that youve vocalised your idea maybe someone will follow up on it ;)

The next few people might want to either have multiple tag matches per show or think of something different to do with the tag champs as there are only 3 Raw's and SD's between Breaking point and HIAC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Or you could just say Team A beat Team B on Superstars or ECW or something.

Or you could just say Team A beat Team B on Superstars or ECW or something.

Or draw the tournament out till the following PPV. No sense in rushing it, when it should be a big deal. Put a little thouight into the pairings and make matches that mean something, rather than booking them as afterthoughts. Otherwise its an exercise in futility.

Or draw the tournament out till the following PPV. No sense in rushing it, when it should be a big deal. Put a little thouight into the pairings and make matches that mean something, rather than booking them as afterthoughts. Otherwise its an exercise in futility.

I should have elaborated but that is kinda what i meant when i said, think of something else for the tag champs to do, as it could be a month and a half (the next PPV after HIAC) till the no.1 contenders crowned in the tournament get their shot at their titles.

Well the Hart Dynasty are still the actual #1 contenders, so that should be something if it over runs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Thought this might be a good idea so we know where we are:

Smackdown Recap

CM Punk is the WHC.
    He has formed a stable named Straight Edge (Anti Drugs gimmick) with Bryan Danielson and Dolph Ziggler

Punk defended his title successfully at the Breaking Point PPV against Taker. He did it with the help of his friends and Chloroform on his Elbow pad. In previous weeks Straight Edge attacked Taker and forced him to tap out by grabbing his hand.

Two Weeks ago Dolph beat Rey Mysterio for the IC title. After the match Bryan Danielson made his debut and took Out Rey. Rey is now out Injured.

At the PPV Dolph beat John Morrison with a roll up after Danielson got involved. After the Match Morrison was very angry with Danielson. In recent weeks Matt Hardy has also battled with straight Edge

The Hart Dynasty are the no1 contenders for the Tag Team belts. They look like they are going face but they still have conflict with Cryme Time.

Drew Galloway is feuding with R-Truth. Drew beat Truth last week in their first bout.

As in WWE recent weeks have seen Kane feud with Khali. Khali says he will keep attacking Kane with a singapore cane until they face off. Finlay is feuding with Knox, two weeks a go knox beat Fit in a belfast Brawl possibly to end or possibly to intensify the feud.

Natalya defended the Womens Title on McCools behalf at Breaking Point v Melina. After the match Michele Showed no Gratitude and Natalya put her in a sharp shooter.

I think thats most of it!

Oh Yeah and teddy long announced A no1 contender tag team tournament to give life to tag team wrestling in BWE. Its on Both shows. The Hart Dynasty are the current tag no1 contenders but are in the tournament. Maybe Jerishow should cost them their place to get a feud started between jerishow and the Harts while the tournament is going on.

Speaking of Teddy he is still getting grief from Vince and Vince even Hired Danielson behind teddy's back to shake things up.

I didn't realise The Hart's were #1 contenders booking raw, maybe that could have gone out the window with the announcement of the tourney?

I didn't realise The Hart's were #1 contenders booking raw, maybe that could have gone out the window with the announcement of the tourney?

I dunno Maybe it could.

But that wouldn't be fair on The Cannibals decision to have them win the no1 contender tag and in fairness that decison was made for some very good reasons. On that basis I wouldn't like to see if forgotten about.

But I'm not booking Smackdown next so its probably up to Currythis.

I'd be inclined definitely to still have The Harts have their title shot. continuity in storylines to me would be quite important as its one of the things that p*sses me off about current WWE writing. As someone else said if we are to draw out the tag title tourny over the length of 2 PPV's, we cpuld easily have the Harts get their shot at the next intervening PPV. The feud between the two teams could even be furthered by Jerishow costing them their match inthe tournament as well.

I'd be inclined definitely to still have The Harts have their title shot. continuity in storylines to me would be quite important as its one of the things that p*sses me off about current WWE writing. As someone else said if we are to draw out the tag title tourny over the length of 2 PPV's, we cpuld easily have the Harts get their shot at the next intervening PPV. The feud between the two teams could even be furthered by Jerishow costing them their match inthe tournament as well.

I would go along with that. Continuity is important.

I know in some cases we are going to miss things, thats why I did the smackdown recap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Or you could have Jerishow cost the HD their tournament shot , but then they turn around and say "wait we still have another chance since we still are the current number 1 contenders" Then have them face at the next ppv

EDIT: Oh wait just seen Flahavaj 's comment

I might drop Currythis a pm to say hes next up as i havent seen him posting for a while.

Batista available to be written into Smackdown now

Any sign if Currythis?

Any sign if Currythis?

sent him a PM moday night but he hasnt been online since 09-09-2009 (1 week) so it aint looking good. I guess we give him a couple more days, say until SD airs in real life then we (someone from here who is online at the time and wants to do it) just post a short spoiler style write up in place of his show that the next person can follow. We could even decide what would be included in it here if a few people were online at the time for instance the already discussed Hart's possible interaction with Jerishow to reaffirm that they are the current no.1 contenders despite the tag tournie.

I've no problems putting up something quick if needed.

sent him a PM moday night but he hasnt been online since 09-09-2009 (1 week) so it aint looking good. I guess we give him a couple more days, say until SD airs in real life then we (someone from here who is online at the time and wants to do it) just post a short spoiler style write up in place of his show that the next person can follow. We could even decide what would be included in it here if a few people were online at the time for instance the already discussed Hart's possible interaction with Jerishow to reaffirm that they are the current no.1 contenders despite the tag tournie.

Thanks
    Yeah we should give currythis a fair chance to get online, could be on holidays or something.

So if currythis misses out we have a chance of our first creative meeting? That could be good fun.

I've no problems putting up something quick if needed.
    Thanks
    Yeah we should give currythis a fair chance to get online, could be on holidays or something.

So if currythis misses out we have a chance of our first creative meeting? That could be good fun.

well that was the idea I was floating but if 1) Currythis isnt online for the next few days and 2) The Cannibal is on Friday night then id have no problem with him kocking something together quickly as he suggests as it may be better than just the spoiler type thing i suggested although of course we could still discuss what as a creative team we would like included in that SD episode in here should Currythis not make it and we be also online.

Thanks

Creative meeting eh?

I demand ye put the belt on me immediately and hire all my friends to long term contracts or I'm off to the opposition.:pac:

• Advertisement

Creative meeting eh?

I demand ye put the belt on me immediately and hire all my friends to long term contracts or I'm off to the opposition.:pac:

competition :confused: The WWE offered Flah a contract :eek:

competition :confused: The WWE offered Flah a contract :eek:

IWW.:pac:

IWW.:pac:

*I could make a joke here but as moderater i know it woulden't be appropriate* :)

but yeah we should give Currythis a few days as was said he could just be on hols or something

Currythis still has not been online since wednesday last week, i said I'd give him till SD actually airs which is tonight so if people want to throw up ideas for this weeks BWE Smackdown, The Cannibal (said he would when it was discussed) or someone else will throw up a short write up in his place later perhaps including whats been suggested.

Currythis still has not been online since wednesday last week, i said I'd give him till SD actually airs which is tonight so if people want to throw up ideas for this weeks BWE Smackdown, The Cannibal (said he would when it was discussed) or someone else will throw up a short write up in his place later perhaps including whats been suggested.

That sounds fair. I think since cannibal was first in so we should give him the chance to do a write up.

I think he did a very good job of giving us a great place to start with on smackdown. A new faction, start of face turns to help out the the mid card etc.

Some ideas. I would like to see Taker v Punk Continue.

How about a rematch for the IC title between Jo Mo and Dolph. Batista could take out danielson at ringside leading to a jo mo win as revenge for what happened Rey. We could see Dolph v Batista going forward or Danielson and Dolph v Rey and Batista.

An angle between Jerishow and harts could get going to solve the number 1 contender for tag titles problem.

An angle between Jerishow and harts could get going to solve the number 1 contender for tag titles problem.

yeah I think this is essential if only to remind people that despite the tag team tournament being announced the Harts are officially the number one contenders. Maybe have them emphasise that (in their opinion) the tournie is really going to be to see who will face them after they take the belts from Jerishow.

• Advertisement

yeah I think this is essential if only to remind people that despite the tag team tournament being announced the Harts are officially the number one contenders. Maybe have them emphasise that (in their opinion) the tournie is really going to be to see who will face them after they take the belts from Jerishow.
    Good point and idea.

I'm not sure how to get around this:
    Match Three - Match One in the Tag Team Tournament
    Cryme Tyme vs. The Hart Dynasty
    The Hart Dynasty pick up the win in a very competitive 15 minute battle, ending with DH pinning Shad clean, ensuring the Hart Dynasty move on. After the match, they get on the mic and demand DX come down now and get a taste of what they’re up against in the second round. DX, of course, oblige and pandemonium ensues, ending with The Hart Dynasty hitting their finisher on HHH….. Twice, and looking very intimidating in their post-beat down celebration, which receives a mixed reastion from the crowd.

It doesn't fit what happened on smackdown with Kidd and Smith teasing a face turn. I'm stumped. I mean we can't have Kidd waking up and Find Smith in the shower helping us see it was all a dream.......

Good point and idea.

I'm not sure how to get around this:

It doesn't fit what happened on smackdown with Kidd and Smith teasing a face turn. I'm stumped. I mean we can't have Kidd waking up and Find Smith in the shower helping us see it was all a dream.......

only way i can think is that like you say the turn is being teased so for now are heels and therefore their actions are acceptable but why are they in the tournament...

I guess just in the promo where they remind everyone that they are no.1 contenders despite the tournies existance also have them state that they have used a sort of loop hole and were able to enter the tournament as they are not currently champs, but they say after they win the belts and the tournie they will be the undisputed champions and will have proved that nobody is worthy of facing them.

yes such a statement is still heelish but it would also re-start them vs Jerishow and that feud is what would probably turn them face.

only way i can think is that like you say the turn is being teased so for now are heels and therefore their actions are acceptable but why are they in the tournament...

I guess just in the promo where they remind everyone that they are no.1 contenders despite the tournies existance also have them state that they have used a sort of loop hole and were able to enter the tournament as they are not currently champs, but they say after they win the belts and the tournie they will be the undisputed champions and will have proved that nobody is worthy of facing them.

yes such a statement is still heelish but it would also re-start them vs Jerishow and that feud is what would probably turn them face.

Like I said before, I didn't realise they were #1 contenders and turning face. Personally I would keep them heel, but they could be interesting faces too. Arra if it gets yer thinking caps on it's a job well done!!

Something like that could work. They wanted to prove how good they are as they were Bred to be the best tag team there is, there was and there ever will be!

Like I said before, I didn't realise they were #1 contenders and turning face. Personally I would keep them heel, but they could be interesting faces too. Arra if it gets yer thinking caps on it's a job well done!!

well i think the main thinking behind it was how SD was so heel heavy (although not so much now that Batista is available) especially after Danielson debuted heel as part of Straight edge.

btw I dont know ifthe cannibal will be online tonight and it is technically Currythis's go not his so if someone else wants to write it up im sure he wont mind, if nobody does ill prob just throw up some short spoiler like post and can always edit in anyones write up (and credit them) at a later date.

i need to check the list to see who is up on the Raw side next but ill pm them too in the hope that our next show does happen.

• Advertisement

Not to worry. I'm working on something right now.

well i think the main thinking behind it was how SD was so heel heavy (although not so much now that Batista is available) especially after Danielson debuted heel as part of Straight edge.

Batistas debut is a good point. With batista on the show and Rey returning in a couple of weeks we could allow the Harts to stay heel and hold off on a turn for the next time there is an event in Canada.

Show posted.

Show posted.

Good work.

HIAC is well set up. Plenty of I wonder where this will go moments for next week.

Overall a really really good read.

Good work.

HIAC is well set up. Plenty of I wonder where this will go moments for next week.

Overall a really really good read.

+1 quality show Cannibal and tbh it was a lot more than i expected. You also really mixed things up too so we werent just booking what you could predict. I like having a multi-tag team match at HIAC considering the tag tournament going on atm and I like how Kane has been instantley elivated also (and as a bonus Khali is on the shelf :)). Plus despite putting him straight into the title picture Batistas introduction imo was a very good thing as it means that there are now so many more booking options in the main event and possible outcomes at HIAC for the title match.

Brilliant job Cannibal. As BH said, a very unpredictable show, in contrast to the boring predictability of real life WWE for the most part.

You took my idea of the tag tournamant and ran with it even better than I would have myself. All these teams clamouring for tag title shots makes the belts seem really important which was exactly the plan. The way Kane appeared at the end shows how the booking of the tournament can also be intertwined with other storylines and add other people into the mix on a show you wouldn't normally expect to see them.

The triple threat idea for HIAC is a good one as it gives us the opportunity to keep the belt on Punk by having Batista and Taker resume their incredible rivalry and basically beat one another to a pulp and then have him capitalise. You couls see the evil genius Punk playing them off against one another etc as the weeks pass.

Also like how you sowed the seeds for a Seamus/Finlay feud. No better man than Finlay to help him with his in ring work and elevate him over time.
    Great work, man.

looks like we might have another absent creative team member as Geeky hasnt been online for a few days and he is supposed to be doing Raw.

Anyone want to do it?

id prob write up a short spoiler like Raw if nobody is interested (im unfortunatley unable to do a Cannibal esque stand in job as im seriously busy atm).

looks like we might have another absent creative team member as Geeky hasnt been online for a few days and he is supposed to be doing Raw.

Anyone want to do it?

id prob write up a short spoiler like Raw if nobody is interested (im unfortunatley unable to do a Cannibal esque stand in job as im seriously busy atm).

I can do it if you haven't got time. My internet was down all day so only seeing this now.

I can do it if you haven't got time. My internet was down all day so only seeing this now.

was about to start on something for this but if you wanna give it a shot by all means go ahead

was about to start on something for this but if you wanna give it a shot by all means go ahead

I am happy to let you decide what you want. I have a show planned out and I can type it up and get it up within a half hour

• Advertisement
Advertisement