Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BWE: You Book IT!...Discussion thread - Writers needed!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

good show and yeah Sheamus's two bit above stook out I might start writting the next Raw tonight now that this one is up and ive the day off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭campo

Cheers all I felt it needed a bit of light humour this week after weeks of Raw Vs Smackdown wars etc, which were great but did not give us much angle to put in some comedy segments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

good show and yeah Sheamus's two bit above stook out I might start writting the next Raw tonight now that this one is up and ive the day off.
    Myself and Campo were discussing the possibilty of announcing a three hour Raw. Perhaps you could announce it on your show. This would be to facilitate number one contender matches for the titles that are defended on both brands. Namely the Tag Titles and the Cruiserweight Title. We could have a qualifier on your Raw next week and then the Smackdown after that. Maybe we could even look into Unifying the Divas and Women's titles?

Remember, it's night of champions and every title has to be defended on the night. We've a while to plan for this though as it's a month away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Tbh lads Night of Champions should be an excuse to Unify ALL titles imho. Lets do what WWE doesnt have the balls or intelligence to do, and thats book champions over 2 shows.. Make it happen boys.

Tbh lads Night of Champions should be an excuse to Unify ALL titles imho. Lets do what WWE doesnt have the balls or intelligence to do, and thats book champions over 2 shows.. Make it happen boys.
    That's revolutionary and I like it but maybe we should do it over a period of time by unifying the Commonwealth/IC and divas/women's titles at Night of Champions first. Then we can build towards the next few months where the two Champions of either brands lead the Brand feud and it can come to a head with the unification of the BWE/WHC belts.

Voltwad wrote: »
    That's revolutionary and I like it but maybe we should do it over a period of time by unifying the Commonwealth/IC and divas/women's titles at Night of Champions first. Then we can build towards the next few months where the two Champions of either brands lead the Brand feud and it can come to a head with the unification of the BWE/WHC belts.

Mucho Fantastico man, thats an awesome idea..

This means that the 3-Hour Raw special should really be a joint event. A mini PPV so to speak. I'm going to have an IC title match on Smackdown this week, perhaps BH could have a Commonwealth title match on Raw after that. So already the NOC line up is taking shape.

IC v Commonwealth Unification Match
    Divas v Women's Title Unification Match
    Unified Tag Team Title Match
    World Heavyweight Title to be defended
    BWE Title to be defended
    Cruiserweight Title to be defended

So we'll have 6 matches at least. I've an idea for a seventh which I'll throw up in the Batcave.

Got to be honest I am against the unification of any title and the reason being I find it hard to figure out what to do with certain angles etc but if we have a roster of probably close to 50 wrestlers between both brands but they are only battling for now 5 titles instead instead of 8 it will leave a lot of guys/divas just forgotton about in BWE.

campo wrote: »
    Got to be honest I am against the unification of any title and the reason being I find it hard to figure out what to do with certain angles etc but if we have a roster of probably close to 50 wrestlers between both brands but they are only battling for now 5 titles instead instead of 8 it will leave a lot of guys/divas just forgotton about in BWE.
    I think we can address that issue, which I had thought about as well. We can simply send unused stars back to 'developmental territory' and bring them back in as and when we need to. Walter's right though, we should give it a bash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd think it's a mistake unifying all the titles too to be honest. Particularly the top 2 titles. What would it really achieve? You're already doing something that the WWE isn't by making the titles worth something and having good long feuds over them.

Unify the womens titles, sure. Bit the rest I'd leave as is

• Advertisement

I'd think it's a mistake unifying all the titles too to be honest. Particularly the top 2 titles. What would it really achieve? You're already doing something that the WWE isn't by making the titles worth something and having good long feuds over them.

Unify the womens titles, sure. Bit the rest I'd leave as is

Got to agree with Paddy on this womens title ya unify that it would do no harm but the rest I woulv vote nay but I will go with the majority vote on this.

Batcave again lads, the Bweasel's about ;)

Raw: Campo
    SD: Voltwad
    Raw: Bounty Hunter
    SD: DM-Ice
    Raw:
    SD:
    Raw:
    SD:
    Raw:
    SD:

Dare, Walter, can you guys do any shows? If not then no sweat, I can keep going as can DM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Excellent SS PPV lads well done

I'm slightly disappointed Christian lost the belt and especially to Drew I would have preferred it be Jericho :( but great ppv all the same

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I'm slightly disappointed Christian lost the belt and especially to Drew I would have preferred it be Jericho :( but great ppv all the same

Cheers Liz I do know you are a big peep but going by previous feedback when Jericho won the MitB there was a bit of disapointment that one of the mid carders did not win it, so I think this was the reason Drew got the title but dont worry I dont think Christian and Jericho are just going to take it lying down

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Thanks for the feedback as always Liz. You should come on board the writer's team :)

I left my unification idea in the batcace anyway lads

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Very good Show Campo. The main event has me interested in seeing a Fatal 4 way at Night of Champions. The main event itself was a great way to further elevate Regal as US Champ (I know it has another name now!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Raw: Bounty Hunter
    Raw:
    SD: D2D
    Raw:
    SD:
    Raw: D2D
    SD:

Dare, Walter, can you guys do any shows? If not then no sweat, I can keep going as can DM

I'll do these 2 shows:)

• Advertisement

Raw 3hr Special: Bounty Hunter
    Raw:
    Raw:
    SD:

I'll take an extra SD as well. I'll start writing the one that's due this evening.

Raw:Campo
    Raw:
    SD:

I'll take an extra SD as well. I'll start writing the one that's due this evening.

Down for a Raw can take another show if needed also

Down for a Raw can take another show if needed also
    I'll give you another Raw seeing as how you've vested in it this time around. That means we just have one SD that has filling. Iceman?

I'll give you another Raw seeing as how you've vested in it this time around. That means we just have one SD that has filling. Iceman?

Yes Please.

Night Of Champions: Everyone (I'll organise it)

Thanks for sorting out schedule Volt.

• Advertisement

My pleasure. Just goes to show we still are breathing and Walt gets a much deserved break.

Night Of Champions: Everyone (I'll organise it)

as far as im aware, its Campos next Raw that is 3hrs as im only making the announcement of that show on my Raw and his first Raw is already up. Apart from that good work we needed a schedule going forward especially with the dropouts for sure. Im happy to do a show in the 3 weeks preceeding my next one though but als happy to take a break.

as far as im aware, its Campos next Raw that is 3hrs as im only making the announcement of that show on my Raw and his first Raw is already up. Apart from that good work we needed a schedule going forward especially with the dropouts for sure. Im happy to do a show in the 3 weeks preceeding my next one though but als happy to take a break.
    That's correct yes. Apologies.

My Raw is ready to go whenever SD is posted so we should have well and truely caught up come next monday

Batcave for SD discussion lads please.

• Advertisement

Smackdown is finally up. Notes -

- Wanted to make Drew a big deal alá HHH of the early 2000's. Might even be room for him to start up a faction of his own.

- Screwed over Y2J and Christian to an extent but this gives them reason to be involved in a Night of Champions extravaganza.

- Took advice from DM-Ice about the Danielson/Punk segment, hope it works.

- Made Morrison heel, feel he needs it

- Made something of Kofi, could be potential for a heel turn there too.

Feedback welcome.

You put a lot of thought into the show. It was a very good way to start the post summerslam season as it moved lots of things along

Good Opening - Drew showing himslef to be ungrateful to Mr McMahon was an unexpected turn of events. Led Nicely into Christian getting his rematch.

Good bit for Del Rio.

I liked the Morrison edge match. Edge becoming a face maybe? In my mind that would be ideal now with Drew as Champion. Also Morrison becoming a heel with a darker persona would be great.

I enjoyed the way you progressed the SES v Danielson Low Ki feud. In particular how you made Low Ki have a big part with his negative reaction and leaving te ring. Shows how he is equal to Danileson rather than just a follower like Punks flock. We also have a new member of the smackdown roster in Black that really opens up the SES v Honour Society feud.

Kofi showing some passion and going after Orton was well done. It made sense after what has happened between them in the past of BWE. I was thinking of something similar to what you wrote for next week with another member of the roster that I may well book now.

The Main event and the follow up again were very good. I liked Christian showing passion the way he refused to accept he was beaten on the night and even stop Jericho cashing in.

All in all a PPV worthy show in my opinion.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    You put a lot of thought into the show. It was a very good way to start the post summerslam season as it moved lots of things along

Good Opening - Drew showing himslef to be ungrateful to Mr McMahon was an unexpected turn of events. Led Nicely into Christian getting his rematch.

Good bit for Del Rio.

I liked the Morrison edge match. Edge becoming a face maybe? In my mind that would be ideal now with Drew as Champion. Also Morrison becoming a heel with a darker persona would be great.

I enjoyed the way you progressed the SES v Danielson Low Ki feud. In particular how you made Low Ki have a big part with his negative reaction and leaving te ring. Shows how he is equal to Danileson rather than just a follower like Punks flock. We also have a new member of the smackdown roster in Black that really opens up the SES v Honour Society feud.

Kofi showing some passion and going after Orton was well done. It made sense after what has happened between them in the past of BWE. I was thinking of something similar to what you wrote for next week with another member of the roster that I may well book now.

The Main event and the follow up again were very good. I liked Christian showing passion the way he refused to accept he was beaten on the night and even stop Jericho cashing in.

All in all a PPV worthy show in my opinion.
    Thanks for the feedback man, kudos to you on the SES bit. I was a bit lost on that one. Really enjoyed writing that show though

Thanks for the feedback man, kudos to you on the SES bit. I was a bit lost on that one. Really enjoyed writing that show though

The Enjoyment showed in how much you got into it. I really think it starts Smackdown off on the right note for the post summer slam leading to Survivor Series period.

just read SD and put up Raw as a result. really enjoyed The Drew/Vince interaction leading to Christians rematch and the SES stuff, really like the Honour Society name. Think there are enough factions as is now though so would hold off on a Drew faction for the moment. Is Orton still Tweaner in the BWE or full on face, as Im not sure how the Kofi/Orton interaction would play into those roles atm but its nice to see Kofi represented so well too.

Great RAW BH I really liked the fact you noticed I put Zach Ryder on a little run and give him a match up against Bourne plus him and Gail Kim together is perfect , I wonder do our readers know what we are plugging if you excuse pun at.

I am really going to have to take hard about next weeks Raw to carry on the momentum and you defo did the right thing in having Cena/Swagger drop belts

And the hole brothers of destruction part was brilliantly carried over from last week all and all very impressive

Great RAW BH I really liked the fact you noticed I put Zach Ryder on a little run and give him a match up against Bourne plus him and Gail Kim together is perfect , I wonder do our readers know what we are plugging if you excuse pun at.

I am really going to have to take hard about next weeks Raw to carry on the momentum and you defo did the right thing in having Cena/Swagger drop belts

And the hole brothers of destruction part was brilliantly carried over from last week all and all very impressive

thanks man just explained my thinking behind the tag change and the main event scene atm in the batcave. I think these last few shows have really returned some momentum to the BWE personally.

I couldent fit anything decent in for Nexus however so just gave them the night off unfortunatley so you really should use them next week... maybe hmm back to the batcave :pac:

also id imagine that a lot of our readers are the same people who would listen to the podcast but some wouldent be sure.

I don't listen to the podcast but its pretty obvious what you're referring to with Evan Bourne. Must have been a pain in the arse coming up with it

I don't listen to the podcast but its pretty obvious what you're referring to with Evan Bourne. Must have been a pain in the arse coming up with it

That line is going to fit into a promo for my next weeks raw
    Sheamus telling Bourne he is a pain in the hole......

Guys, I've thought long and hard about this and I've decided that I'm leaving the BWE:(:(

It has been brilliant fun writing the shows and creating epic, and I really mean EPIC, storylines. Just to be a part of it has been excellent. Lately though, I'm really finding it hard creating any sort of idea's for any storylines, that plus I'm finding myself to have less and less time to write the shows with trying to apply for collage (I've a few interviews soon)

Seriously, thanks so much for just letting me be apart of the booking team. This has been the most fun I've had on boards since I joined the site around this time last year. I hope the stuff I did to help out the group helped. Honestly, I really want to say thanks to everyone who was a writer in this (past or present) and I really hope ye can continue to keep the BWE growing. This thread has become 1 of the best threads in PW, and dare I say the whole of boards and to just have it die would be horrible.

I'm still gonna do my 2 shows that I said I'd do but that's it from me.

Thanks lads:):)

• Advertisement

Guys, I've thought long and hard about this and I've decided that I'm leaving the BWE:(:(

It has been brilliant fun writing the shows and creating epic, and I really mean EPIC, storylines. Just to be a part of it has been excellent. Lately though, I'm really finding it hard creating any sort of idea's for any storylines, that plus I'm finding myself to have less and less time to write the shows with trying to apply for collage (I've a few interviews soon)

Seriously, thanks so much for just letting me be apart of the booking team. This has been the most fun I've had on boards since I joined the site around this time last year. I hope the stuff I did to help out the group helped. Honestly, I really want to say thanks to everyone who was a writer in this (past or present) and I really hope ye can continue to keep the BWE growing. This thread has become 1 of the best threads in PW, and dare I say the whole of boards and to just have it die would be horrible.

Really disappointed to hear you've decided this Dare.

You helped breathe life into the BWE with the biki page and the social group especially. Your shows have always been good and you're not the only one who suffers from the writer's block on occasion. Hence we have the social group, were it not for Iceman I wouldn't have had a clue about what to do with Danielson and the S.E.S.

I can understand the time restrictions and I'm pretty sure it's going to hit us hard over the coming months with people (me included) resuming studies. But as you can see, we have regained momentum when it had seemed to fall at the wayside a little bit. I urge you to reconsider as you're a valuable part of a small team.

Really disappointed to hear you've decided this Dare.

You helped breathe life into the BWE with the biki page and the social group especially. Your shows have always been good and you're not the only one who suffers from the writer's block on occasion. Hence we have the social group, were it not for Iceman I wouldn't have had a clue about what to do with Danielson and the S.E.S.

I can understand the time restrictions and I'm pretty sure it's going to hit us hard over the coming months with people (me included) resuming studies. But as you can see, we have regained momentum when it had seemed to fall at the wayside a little bit. I urge you to reconsider as you're a valuable part of a small team.

Honestly Volt, this may sound stupid but this decision has really torn me apart but I've ultimately decided on it. I just don't think I'll be able to add to anything to the BWE at all in the coming months.

It's great that the BWE has regained some much needed momentum and hopefully, ye'll be able to maintain it and improve on it.

I cant speak for anyone else man, but all i can say is thanks a million dude, as you where the one who got me involved in the BWE in the first place, and where always fu*king awesome for advance and a helping hand.. You where definitely the rock on which BWE was built..

Im going to miss our random plugging more than anything:(

I cant speak for anyone else man, but all i can say is thanks a million dude, as you where the one who got me involved in the BWE in the first place, and where always fu*king awesome for advance and a helping hand.. You where definitely the rock on which BWE was built..

Psst, you're meant to be convincing him to stay!

Dare, you helped make BWE what it is today. Take a break, sure but don't write off coming back on board. We need you

Ah, please don't say that. I'm no different than any other writer.
    Psst, you're meant to be convincing him to stay!

Dare, you helped make BWE what it is today.Take a break, sure but don't write off coming back on board. We need you

Honestly lads, I've been thinking about this decision for over a month (no joke) and I needed to make it. Sure I might be back at some point but for now (well, the immediate future), I'm done

Firstly thank you so much for being a part of the booking team here at the BWE, you have been one of the major contributors from right near the start onwards and the BWE wouldent be what it is without you.

Honestly I remember when you first arrived on boards very well thanks to the BWE as you didnt have a whole lot of posts here before you joined the BWE and adfter that it was like you were an instant regular on the board (and a well respected one). At the time I even wasnt too sure about adding to you to the booking team originally as you were the first non-regular to want to join iirc and as we have seen in the past sometimes people will not exactley get what the BWE is about and always try and book the best show ever even if that totally goes against long term plans etc but you were different and I was very happy I decided to give you the benefoit of the doubt at the time.

Really hope it isnt a long term break and hope to see you booking again when your creative juices are flowing at full throttle. Itl be interesting to see how you sign off with the remaining show you said you will book and of course if your interested you can always be involved come PPV time if youd like to do a 1 off match.

new blood may be needed though especially if DB isnt officially joining the creative team atm.

Firstly thank you so much for being a part of the booking team here at the BWE, you have been one of the major contributors from right near the start onwards and the BWE wouldent be what it is without you.

Honestly I remember when you first arrived on boards very well thanks to the BWE as you didnt have a whole lot of posts here before you joined the BWE and adfter that it was like you were an instant regular on the board (and a well respected one). At the time I even wasnt too sure about adding to you to the booking team originally as you were the first non-regular to want to join iirc and as we have seen in the past sometimes people will not exactley get what the BWE is about and always try and book the best show ever even if that totally goes against long term plans etc but you were different and I was very happy I decided to give you the benefoit of the doubt at the time.

Really hope it isnt a long term break and hope to see you booking again when your creative juices are flowing at full throttle. Itl be interesting to see how you sign off with the remaining show you said you will book and of course if your interested you can always be involved come PPV time if youd like to do a 1 off match.

new blood may be needed though especially if DB isnt officially joining the creative team atm.

Thanks BH for just letting me be a part of the BWE :)

Well, I plan on my final 2 shows just being regular shows (just keep it moving along) so i won't do anything different.

For now, I'm done but who knows in the future :)

Thanks BH for just letting me be a part of the BWE :)

Well, I plan on my final 2 shows just being regular shows (just keep it moving along) so i won't do anything different.

For now, I'm done but who knows in the future :)

I wont even say good bye cause like me I know you wont be able to stay away so will just say see you later

I have to say I'm ashamed of you people. The guy is saying he's retiring, even though he'll probably be back in some form at some point, and not one of you have posted the Leave the memories alone video

(unless like me you're all using boards mobile and can't post it)

• Advertisement

I wont even say good bye cause like me I know you wont be able to stay away so will just say see you later

The BWE booking commitee really is epitomised by one man
    yeahhq2.gif

Advertisement