Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GMIT registration.

• 16-08-2009 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Is the registration for college still 1000 euro or has it gone up to 1500 euro???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭conordaniel

1,500 i'd say, thats what mine is anyway:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

when do you pay the fee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭sells

1500...s*hit....better start stealin some pennies off some hobos...u pay it on registration day in the college laura.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

laura! wrote: »
    when do you pay the fee?

As far as I know you have to pay by either the 26th or 31th August :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭paulhealy1991

do you get that back if you get a grant???????????

• Advertisement

do you get that back if you get a grant???????????

Yeah,you should receive the payment back in late September/October if on the grant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

Have people had stuff out in the post about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shane 41

donmeister wrote: »
    As far as I know you have to pay by either the 26th or 31th August :confused:

how sure are you about that date if you cant come up with the reg fee can they offer your place to another student

shane 41 wrote: »
    how sure are you about that date if you cant come up with the reg fee can they offer your place to another student

The date you have to pay by is at the bottom right of the Bank Giro, and I'm pretty sure if you dont have the cash they will offer the place to another student

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

???? mmmmm dnt think so....

was in GMIT myself and the amount of students that didnt pay theyre reg fee until about xmas was unreal!
    I really dont think they offer the place to someone else :rolleyes: pretty certain I was late with mine too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Did anyone recieve their registration forms yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 galwayhalfpint

i haven't received a thing, but i do know that reg is 1500. spoke to college yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

€1500?!?! ****in hell! I can't afford to pay that! I better pass these repeats so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 XelaLuella

Ekkk! I'm freaking out here...In the States at the moment won't be back till the 7th of Sept...Anyone have a number to GMIT that I can actually get through to??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

XelaLuella wrote: »
    Ekkk! I'm freaking out here...In the States at the moment won't be back till the 7th of Sept...Anyone have a number to GMIT that I can actually get through to??

Call any of the numbers of the site... remember to call during office hours, so that may be like early hours of the morning for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 XelaLuella

xo.mary wrote: »
    Call any of the numbers of the site... remember to call during office hours, so that may be like early hours of the morning for you.
    I've been accepted to Film and TV so I called Cluain Mhuire, also numerous offices in the Main Campus on the Dublin Rd during what I think was office hours last week but no dice. I'll try again bright and early Monday morning!

Go raibh mile maith agat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Aidn

rg forms were sentout last week. Pay by 31st or may be charged more. If you dont reg. you have no access to Comuters, IT, Moodle etc etc.

i registered anyways, got all that sorted,. still dont have a place to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

sells wrote: »

arnt u the person advertising a room to rent in a house!???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 clusterfuk

sells wrote: »

ah how did u register already?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

How have you registered already?? was just on the gmit website and they have a timetable put up with the time and date for registration for the different courses.They all begin on the 7th.. I rang the addmissions office during the week and they said it would be next week when they would be sending out the packs...a bit too late i think..

He probably meant that he paid for registration,rather than going into the college,reg. is usually the first 3-4 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

moikey wrote: »
    How have you registered already?? was just on the gmit website and they have a timetable put up with the time and date for registration for the different courses.They all begin on the 7th.. I rang the addmissions office during the week and they said it would be next week when they would be sending out the packs...a bit too late i think..

what? next week?
    i'll be in galway by then. thats so stupid sending them so late,what about people who have to travel long distances. i cant exactly run home to pick up the post.

yes i paid for registration yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 galwayhalfpint

when i went in about it they said that the packs will be sent out and come in with everything then!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

The registration packs better come this week!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Amii

XelaLuella wrote: »
    I've been accepted to Film and TV

snap, hi5.

Also, I called on Friday, they told me the registration packs or w/e they are will be sent out soon. Prompt, if I do say so myself. Ah well, I'm just looking forward to starting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭yeah?

laura! wrote: »
    what? next week?
    i'll be in galway by then. thats so stupid sending them so late,what about people who have to travel long distances. i cant exactly run home to pick up the post.

Same with me.. I really hope it comes this week.

Might give em a buzz and explain that situation to em..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DevineEFC

Didn't want to start a new thread so just thought i'd pop the question in here

If you are awarded a grant does it not cover the registration fee? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭mayfire

DevineEFC wrote: »
    Didn't want to start a new thread so just thought i'd pop the question in here

If you are awarded a grant does it not cover the registration fee? :confused:

I was awarded grant and the letter said I would receive the reg fee back. They asked for a bank a/c no to pay it in to but I didn t get it yet. Must follow up now that you reminded me. It was €1500 and had to be paid last August.

Advertisement