Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Refurbished Archos 405 Portable Media Player 39.99

• 16-08-2009 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭

is this a bargain
    anyone got one of these?
    good and bad points
    ive often wondered about them
    seems like a great price even if its refurbished
    offer ends midnight for those you not familiar with ibood
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Its cheap compared to the original pice, but it is only a 2GB model. You won't fit much on that.

If you're on a very tight budget it'd be a good buy alright. Otherwise there are better options available.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, but can handle an extra 16GB with a SDHC slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

True, but it doesnt come with a card so I am just judging it on the basic price. You can add storage but it'll cost you (20 odd quid for a 16GB card? not sure).

It doesnt come with a charger either, I forgot to mention that. If it's anything similar to the 605 (i have one), it will have a woeful charge time using the supplied USB cable. 8hrs+ on the 605 :pac:

Im not taking away from the value - it definitely is good compared to the RRP, but for a little more € theres better PMPs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

True, but it doesnt come with a card so I am just judging it on the basic price. You can add storage but it'll cost you (20 odd quid for a 16GB card? not sure).

It doesnt come with a charger either, I forgot to mention that. If it's anything similar to the 605 (i have one), it will have a woeful charge time using the supplied USB cable. 8hrs+ on the 605 :pac:

Im not taking away from the value - it definitely is good compared to the RRP, but for a little more € theres better PMPs.
    thanks for the advice
    ill give it a miss on that

Advertisement