Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank

Options
  • 16-08-2009 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I know there is an AIB on campus, is there a bank of ireland??
    is there many ATM's on campus??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

The closest BoI is across from the main gate beside the Mountrose Hotel.

I know of fours ATM's on campus. One at the bank, one at the restaurant, one on the main concourse and one at the student centre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

There's a BOI just off campus, across the flyover by the N11

There are about 4 ATMs on campus if I remember rightly -

- AIB
    - Student Centre
    - Restaurant
    - Library

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

If my drunken memory serves me correctly there is also one in the Merville Centra. Although I could be mistaken.

TDOie wrote: »
    If my drunken memory serves me correctly there is also one in the Merville Centra. Although I could be mistaken.

I knew I was missing one...still there last time I was there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Jev/N wrote: »
    There's a BOI just off campus, across the flyover by the N11

That one is a cashless branch so if you want to withdraw or lodge money go to the one in the montrose hotel, 100m to the right of that one

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

That one is a cashless branch so if you want to withdraw or lodge money go to the one in the montrose hotel, 100m to the right of that one

It's got an ATM and an express lodgement facility so if you're only doing smallish transactions then you can go there too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Well there's an ATM in store so unless you need loads of cash, it'll serve you fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Did I hear somewhere UCD atms give €5 notes? I think my brother told me the students union campaigned for it when he was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

No, they give €10, €20 and €50 notes, and they tend to be rather reluctant to give tenners.

Unless they changed it over the summer, the min is €20...

• Advertisement

I guess I'll be buying chewing gum with laser then.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Zuffer

On the upside, they exclusively give €20 notes. This is in contrast to pretty much every other atm in Dublin, which runs out of everything below €50 at 4.05 on Friday afternoon, and will only give multiples of €50 out for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

AIB ATMs don't have a €10 button on their screen by default. However a lot of the time you can get one by selecting other amount.. of course ya won't know until ya try it, unlike the nice Ulster Bank ATMs which much like most ATMs in the UK will tell you if €10/€20 notes are not available.

I long for Hungary where you could withdraw 1000 forint (4 euro) and be covered for the day...

Advertisement