Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** General "points" thread **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

One quick quick question, whats commerce in ucd and business studies in dcu and ul?? Thanks in advance.

Commerce UCD - 450
    Business Studies DCU - 425
    Business Studies UL - 385

...for my sins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Guys, this has been a great run with all you LC boardsies. Now we can enjoy the thought of the suffering soon to be 6th years while we have a 4 year piss up ahead of us.

Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I already did!:)

Everybody, thank the post. This man has kept our blood pressures down. High blood pressure causes hear attacks! This man has quite literally saved all of our lives!
    LOL I am more interested in results this year than last and I done mine last year. But I think i did accept the offer as soon as it was out , like nothing has changed , you still get the same offer:p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

am i being really thick that i dont get it? it must be obvious but im really really tiered now
    You are! :)

Don't worry about it, just a silly joke. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Randy check your Pms...

Hmm that was spam, better put in something worth note. Thanks for the scans Paddy. Legend,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,254 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Pygmalion wrote: »
    If we could swap results I'd gladly give you my 425 for your 385, since either way i'm in.

Maybe we could swap identities ;)

thanks anyway, still looking forward to marketing, definitely not repeating, even though I want that course. Although knowing my luck if I did repeat it'd probably shoot back up to 475 and I'd get about 450 :rolleyes: oh well maybe my economics and english will go up in the rechecks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Aww you really care about us...that means so much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

NIGHT EVERYONE

ill be back at 6 when i get the real offer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Oh god just brought myself to look proparly at the points
    i have the points for around 4 of my courses but still a grade too low
    blergh
    least ill know better for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Liam O wrote: »
    I'm a bit annoyed. I got what I expected to get which was Marketing in DIT but my first choice was journalism in DCU which I've always wanted to do but didn't have a hope of getting 475 points. Checked it out of curiosity and it fell 50 points! I got 385 but I know if I had've put some proper work in I could've easily gotten 425 :mad:

ah same here!!! well not same courses but same idea. oh well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Cheers lads. Thats another mate of mine who missed dcu by 5 points! :( take note - you are unlucky to have me as a friend. ;) goodnight everyone

NIGHT EVERYONE

ill be back at 6 when i get the real offer :D
    There's only like an hour and a half left..may as well stay up for the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Guys, this has been a great run with all you LC boardsies. Now we can enjoy the thought of the suffering soon to be 6th years while we have a 4 year piss up ahead of us.

Sweet.

My course is six freakin' years long.

A year of pre-med and 5 years of med.
    GROAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Can you skip premed? I think I can with RCSI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

^I envy you your pre-med. Gragh. Straight into it for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Piste wrote: »
    Can you skip premed? I think I can with RCSI

Don't think RCSI has a premed year, but it is optional in NUIG and UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    Here's his post. Enough thanks and it'll get post of the day.
    Have to be over 70 methinks, at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭holadivaldfe

you can skip pre-med if you do physics, chem and biology right?

i'm considering giving it a skip! :D

I love the way next time I resume full-time education I won't have to wear a fcuking uniform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

bythewoods wrote: »
    My course is six freakin' years long.

A year of pre-med and 5 years of med.
    GROAN.

Oi! You just landed Medicine at UCD.
    You are NOT allowed to complain! :p

Congratulations to everyone who get what they want this morning. Commiserations to those who didn't, and remember it's not the end of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Don't think RCSI has a premed year, but it is optional in NUIG and UCD.

RCSI does have a premed year, but requirements to skip that are as follows:

Five Year Programme - Students may be eligible for entry to the five year programme with two sciences. Applicants must obtain a minimum of six subjects, which must include Irish, English, Mathematics, a second language and a minimum of grade C3 in higher level Chemistry and Physics or Biology.

Otherwise it's the six year programme. Most times Irish students skip premed as most have the above requirements. I got to skip it back in the day though I thought I'd have to do premed until I got the orientation pack from RCSI!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

least ill know better for next year.

Ah you poor thing, but there is a reason for it...

A new teacher is going to join your school, just out of college. You will fall madly in love, having 3 babies in the next 2 years, living in a Cottage in west Connemara and then your role in life will flash before you...basket weaving...which you will flog to Americans for a 200% profit.

This is just your first step towards world domination.....

It will be worth it in the end. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

So unhappy for my friend right now.
    She got 295 last year and repeated with me. She got 315 this time.

All she's ever wanted to do is Nursing, and she'd be amazingly good at it. She didn't accept Psychiatric Nursing in Trinity last year (290 points) as she wanted General. But she kept it on her CAO this year. As a back up.

Psychiatric Nursing's gone up to 385.
    Unbelievable. All nursing courses are gone up.

She doesn't have enough points for anything on her CAO at all! She was convinced she'd at least get nursing in WIT- 410 this year.

The worst bit is, she's still asleep totally blissfully ignorant right now. She's going to be devastated :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Craguls wrote: »
    Anyone joining me in Science in TCD?:cool:

I shall see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Beau x1 wrote: »
    I love the way next time I resume full-time education I won't have to wear a fcuking uniform.

Ya but now we will spend a fortune in clothes

cHaTbOx wrote: »

The person that currently holds it is none other than our own phasers, a LCer!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

errlloyd wrote: »
    Randy check your Pms...
    I don't have PMS!! :P

In fact, it would be a medical miracle if I did ... :D
    cHaTbOx wrote: »
    Depends on the day, no specific number, just the post with the highest number of "thanks".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

bythewoods wrote: »
    So unhappy for my friend right now.
    She got 295 last year and repeated with me. She got 315 this time.

All she's ever wanted to do is Nursing, and she'd be amazingly good at it. She didn't accept Psychiatric Nursing in Trinity last year (290 points) as she wanted General. But she kept it on her CAO this year. As a back up.

Psychiatric Nursing's gone up to 385.
    Unbelievable. All nursing courses are gone up.

She doesn't have enough points for anything on her CAO at all! She was convinced she'd at least get nursing in WIT- 410 this year.

The worst bit is, she's still asleep totally blissfully ignorant right now. She's going to be devastated :(

you just ruined my party there. feel really bad for your friend now, poor girl :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh yeah. ****. RCSI is like 1 minute from Topshop. Gonna be so broke....

• Advertisement

Piste wrote: »
    Oh yeah. ****. RCSI is like 1 minute from Topshop. Gonna be so broke....

Just go up to the gates of leinster house and start banging on it shouting: Give me back my money... I need clothes from topshop!

EDIT: I think I could be thinking of the college of physicians? Dammit, not from Dublin!

Advertisement