Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** General "points" thread **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Piste wrote: »
    Oh yeah. ****. RCSI is like 1 minute from Topshop. Gonna be so broke....

What a terrible situation to be in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Ya but now we will spend a fortune in clothes
    True, but I'd have paid to wear casuals normally in school anyway.

Seeing the 'back to school' ads on TV makes me feel so relieved that I'm doing something different this year with my life, for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

This is from https://myucd.ucd.ie/program.do?programID=18 :

*Five-year programme: Approximately 20% of those offered a place in Medicine via the CAO will be offered a place on the five-year programme.
    To date those offered a place on the five-year programme have either been students admitted on grounds of Mature Years, who already had an appropriate undergraduate degree, or students with the highest Leaving Certificate points who meet the matriculation requirements and who have a minimum of a C3 in Higher Level Chemistry.

So basically to skip premed in UCD you need to have top points (not sure if it's just LC now what with the HPAT and all) and the C3 in chem..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Depends on the day, no specific number, just the post with the highest number of "thanks".
    I know but a post was made at 5.30 pm yesterday and it has about 66 thanks at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Guys have it way worse tbh, going on my sister girls seem to have a mega ton of clothes in their wadrobe, its gonna be an expensive year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭holadivaldfe

oh.... booooo! i have 726 and the cut of is 720.

i'll talk to the uni and see what i can swing!

....and you've got Grafton St, St. Stephen's Green shopping centre, you're right by the Luas line in RCSI too so no need to lug heavy shopping bags around too far.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I don't have PMS!! :P

In fact, it would be a medical miracle if I did ... :D
    Yeah, damned right it would. You're well past menopause by now!! :p :pac: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

Aoibheann wrote: »
    ....and you've got Grafton St, St. Stephen's Green shopping centre, you're right by the Luas line in RCSI too so no need to lug heavy shopping bags around too far.. :D

yeah but all you need is topshop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

9 points off Film & Tv in IADT :(

Really really really hope i get it in 2nd round offers, or im seriously considering takeing a year out, and applying again next year.

• Advertisement

The talk of topshop seems to have woken you up, eh? :pac:

Women.

Unfortunately afaik they'll either offer it to you or they won't. Some people do refuse the 5 year in favour of the 6 year one though so if you don't get it in round one you may be offered it at a later point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Just checked out some old messages and one of my mates missed Med in UCD by a point. Ouchies.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Em ... doesn't that mean you're *above* the cut-off ... i.e you're in?!
    Yeah, damned right it would. You're well past menopause by now!! :p :pac: :D
    Challengepussy banned from life!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

9 points off Film & Tv in IADT :(

How is it 9?

Beau x1 wrote: »
    The talk of topshop seems to have woken you up, eh? :pac:

Women.

yeahhh couldnt get back to sleep so i actually went to go have a look at asos & topshop and then came back to topshop talk :D

No no.. when I was in first year in RCSI, I was in Topshop, oasis (also conveniently located), Awear, Vero Moda, Office, other shoe places, Boots.. :pac:

It was epic. I was working all through first year so I had enough money to buy nice things.

Shame I won't for the first year of this course (TP by the looks of it).. poverty beckons!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭holadivaldfe

yes, to the 6 year course but i want the 5 year course!

only and hour and 15 mins and i'll know if i get offered the 5 year! whooooo knows! :D

No no.. when I was in first year in RCSI, I was in Topshop, oasis (also conveniently located), Awear, Vero Moda, Office, other shoe places, Boots.. :pac:

It was epic. I was working all through first year so I had enough money to buy nice things.

Shame I won't for the first year of this course (TP by the looks of it).. poverty beckons!!

you need to get yourself a sewing machine youll save a fortune

Challengepussy banned from life!! :mad:
    She (I hope!) means for getting to skip the premed year. Most people get into the 6 year course in UCD, only 20% get offered to skip it, needing top points and a C3 in chem

... and banned *from* life? :D

• Advertisement

yes, to the 6 year course but i want the 5 year course!

only and hour and 15 mins and i'll know if i get offered the 5 year! whooooo knows! :D
    Ah sorry ... I missed that temporarily, penny had just dropped when you posted. :)

you need to get yourself a sewing machine youll save a fortune

Haha, I do that at home anyway.. I rip things, sew things, add ribbons/lace/buttons to things.. been a while though, and I do love customising clothes!

... and banned *from* life? :D
    Yes.

Not a typo! :mad:

Yes.

Not a typo! :mad:

Ouch! Must be serious so!

God, another hour to wait? I may as well stay up. Need sustenance though. Foooooood.

Haha, I do that at home anyway.. I rip things, sew things, add ribbons/lace/buttons to things.. been a while though, and I do love customising clothes!

i know its so good youve inspired me to use some lace :)

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

I'm shocked had completey accepted i was doing arts in nuig as i know i didn get the points for corporate law, cant believe it dropped to 395!:rolleyes:

Wow I would hate to be applying for Science anywhere in the country the points have gone way up, thank god nobody wants to do computer science... Its not surprising tbh when some people cant even zoom into an image:D

Wow I would hate to be applying for Science anywhere in the country the points have gone way up, thank god nobody wants to do computer science... Its not surprising tbh when some people cant even zoom into an image:D
    Haha, where are you doing CSci?

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Haha, where are you doing CSci?
    U.L. cant wait! I'm staying on campus too so fleeing the nest altogether!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭cocomk1

I'm shocked had completey accepted i was doing arts in nuig as i know i didn get the points for corporate law, cant believe it dropped to 395!:rolleyes:

so law it is - yes??:cool:

Advertisement