Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** General "points" thread **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xsarahxpressx

its so close. cant wait to get to sleep tho. agh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

I'm shocked had completey accepted i was doing arts in nuig as i know i didn get the points for corporate law, cant believe it dropped to 395!:rolleyes:

A friend of mine is doing that. Big drop!

Guys be careful accepting the offer! I met a guy on results night (who did his LC in 2008.) He informed me that he spent the last year in Letterkenny because he accepted the wrong one! He reapplied to the CAO again this year, but he still decided to stay the year in letterkenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

cocomk1 wrote: »
    so law it is - yes??:cool:

it sure is!!! i had really given up on doing corporate law!!!!!!! i'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

Guys be careful accepting the offer! I met a guy on results night (who did his LC in 2008.) He informed me that he spent the last year in Letterkenny because he accepted the wrong one! He reapplied to the CAO again this year, but he still decided to stay the year in letterkenny!

Why the hell would he want to stay here? I can't wait to get away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭cocomk1

it sure is!!! i had really given up on doing corporate law!!!!!!! i'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

How much did it drop by? Economics and socialogy went up by 5 to 345! so all is good..

(Malachy told me - sent you a text, sorry to hear)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Blue_Rose

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    A friend of mine is doing that. Big drop!

I spose staying up all night doesnt help!:p

Heggy wrote: »
    Why the hell would he want to stay here? I can't wait to get away.

He accepted some random course he put down in the level 6/7 section by mistake, a course in Letterkenny IT. He said, if he came home he would be made work, so he chilled out up there for the year. He is going to NUIG in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

Delta Kilo wrote:
    He said, if he came home he would be made work, so he chilled out up there for the year.

Ah, that makes a bit of sense I suppose. :D A horrible horrible mistake to make though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Class of 09's Final Countdown: 41 minutes to offers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭cantona56

sorry guys, just got in from a night out...can somebody confirm med points fo NUIG????

• Advertisement

Congrats and best of luck to all.

I must be blind, but I can't find the points for TSM? I got into my own course comfortably (TP), but I'm trying to find the points for Psychology and Economics, anybody got a link? Thanks.

cantona56 wrote: »
    sorry guys, just got in from a night out...can somebody confirm med points fo NUIG????

713 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

*butterflies*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Congrats and best of luck to all.

I must be blind, but I can't find the points for TSM? I got into my own course comfortably (TP), but I'm trying to find the points for Psychology and Economics, anybody got a link? Thanks.

Scanned images are the best. Apparently you check the minimum needed for one, the minimum needed for the other, and whichever is the highest.. that made no sense. Ok, don't take this for certain, but looks like Psych is 560* no matter what it's combined with.. Highest of all TSM courses.

Again, please don't take that to be 100% certain!

And provided my application wasn't messed up, I am also comfortably in TP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

713, afair.

http://drop.io/CAOINDO

And it sounds like a good night! :P

A Neurotic wrote: »
    713 :D

thanks neurotic, while i hyperventilate here, do you know if theres a star beside it!!!! if you tell me no i will kiss my screen regardless of you being male or female!!!..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Scanned images are the best. Apparently you check the minimum needed for one, the minimum needed for the other, and whichever is the highest.. that made no sense. Ok, don't take this for certain, but looks like Psych is 560* no matter what it's combined with.. Highest of all TSM courses.

Again, please don't take that to be 100% certain!

And provided my application wasn't messed up, I am also comfortably in TP. :)
    #where do i find these points lists?:eek::eek:

thanks neurotic, while i hyperventilate here, do you know if theres a star beside it!!!! if you tell me no i will kiss my screen regardless of you being male or female!!!..

No star! Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

#where do i find these points lists?:eek::eek:

That was from the scanned images put up earlier in the thread.. the TSM ones were posted elsewhere but link to all http://drop.io/CAOINDO. Well, we hope. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

both level 8 cources i applied for went up by 50 points each.

i reckon i got offered all level 6/7 i applied for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Class of 09's Final Countdown: 41 minutes to offers!

33! :)

EDIT: 34, apparently.

oh my god...i cannot believe this...i have 713 on the button....i had given up hope....best night of my life!!!!!

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

i reckon i got offered all level 6/7 i applied for.

You will only get offered one I'm afraid. You won't get to choose. It will be the first on the list that you qualify for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭cocomk1

Half an hour and its all official :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Do we get emailed offers or just posted?

33! :)

EDIT: 34, apparently.

Another victim of the boards clock... Its a minute slow!

Yes, if you log in now you will see a space for offers on your account!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

oh my god...i cannot believe this...i have 713 on the button....i had given up hope....best night of my life!!!!!

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Lol, congrats dude ... that was close!
    Oh, and congrats to you and Neurotic too on your new relationship! :D

Hope you will be very happy together! :pac:

Advertisement