Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic BER exam

Options
  • 16-08-2009 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Have the exam scheduled in for this week, just wondering if anyone has any hints? Don't have much plans on using the BER cert at this stage, so don't want to waste too much time on it!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭picorette

Have you tested yourself with the specimen paper?

http://www.sei.ie/Your_Building/BER/BER_FAQ/FAQ_BER/Assessors/BER_Examination_Specimen_Paper.html

Also read DEAP Manual & 2008 part L.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Its an open book exam as long as you can read you should be fine!!! Go through the exam and answer all the questions you can and mark the ones you don't know for review, then review each one reading through the manuals provided and you should get most of them right!! You have got two hours to do the exam which is loads of time, it took me an hour and I went real slow!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dunie001

I sat the exam a week ago...I am happy to report that I got 88%.

You have loads of time to do the exam...I checked my exam twice after finishing it and still had about 20mins to spare. That includes searching through the paperwork frantically trying to find answers.

There were some awkward questions that kept coming up, that had the same theme all the time...the options were always:

1. The BER improves.
    2. The BER worsens.
    3. BER stays the same.
    4. The BER would change, but there is not enough evidence to suggest that the change would improve or worsen the BER. (or something like that)

How did the rest of you answer those questions???...i was always tempted to answer no. 4 but the I thought that they might be trying to catch us out!!!

They were trying to catch you out Dunnie, they usually are the BER worsens!!!:D Well done on passing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 McCon

I've just done the dry run on the sample paper - what a shock ! I need to swot up fast. Is there a group out there getting together to cram together - that can be very helpful - pooling know -how etc.

• Advertisement

Its an open book exam, so you have the deap manual, part L and the EPBD directive. You don't have all the tech bullitens. There was a number of questions in mine about PV (like who ever uses it!!) and gas boilers ( not very common in Mayo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 McCon

THANKS

Advertisement