Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

puppy flu

Options
  • 16-08-2009 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

I think me 12 week old boxer has the flu "runny nose" and "watery eyes" can anyone suggest what they reckon is the best thing to get??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

the flu is a virus there is nothing to take for it, dogs noses can be a bit runny some times but watery eyes either something got into it, or could be an infection

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

The vet is the best suggestion for such a young puppy.
    It could be just a mild virus but it could lead to something more sinister so at that age it's best to be safe than sorry.

Don't put anything in or near the eyes unless the vet gives you the go ahead and don't give any human meds unless vet says so.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Keep them away from other dogs...Other than that a visit to the vet would be recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wexford202

You will need to bring the puppy to the vet as depending on where you got the puppy from it may have a virus. Not wanting to alarm you s it is probably nothing serious but sometimes puppies can pick up parvo virus which is serious so I def get it cheked to make sure its not that.

If it is wheezing it may be a sign of that.

Advertisement