Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackpool Airport: ADF fee of £10

Options
  • 16-08-2009 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭

2 elderly relatives of mine missed an Aer Arann flight from Blackpool airport because when they arrived at the airport they were asked to pay an ADF of £10.00
    http://www.blackpoolinternational.com/adf-info.php

They dont have CC and they only had 7 euro between them. By the time they got their relatives with whom they were staying to come back and pay the fee the flight was gone.

In fairness to AA, they took them on the same flight the next day but as they had to leave the airport they had to pay the fee again.

Anyone any experience of/ comments on this: there seems to be nothing on the AA website when you book to say this exit tax will apply.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I would presume that any airline flying through Blackpool should warn you of this. Have you actually spoken to someone at Aer Arann about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

dudara wrote: »
    I would presume that any airline flying through Blackpool should warn you of this. Have you actually spoken to someone at Aer Arann about it?

Not yet, have asked the relatives for the boarding passes and as I said they are elderly so lets see: will call AA in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

In fairness... if someone booked online for them then it does say it when you are buying flights that they charge the £10 charge in the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Indeed it does when you look, don't know who did the booking for them, will await the paperwork:)

Interesting to know, the DAA might start it for T2:)

Thanks again: case closed

Advertisement