Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is the best cheap cider??

Options
  • 16-08-2009 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

You decide, wether it b strongbow frostie jacks or white lightning
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Sorry, I don't drink peasant juice

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I'll stick to my Bulmers thanks. And if I'm having a 'fat' day, Bulmers Pear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

linden village.. i was drinking it for a while because it was as cheap as an over the hill thai hooker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'll stick to my Bulmers thanks. And if I'm having a 'fat' day, Bulmers Pear.

by fat day do you mean constipation? Are you using bulmers pear as a laxative?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Stomped drinking cider it just tastes like stomach rot. Used to drink flagons of scrumpy jack back in the day though, is that still going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Devils Bit ftw. If you're gonna drink skanger juice then do it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Had Scrumpy Jack on Thurs night. Pure rocket fuel that's for sure. White Lightning rocks imo. Love it.

Bulmers and Bulmers pear tho!!! Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

ScumLord wrote: »
    Stomped drinking cider it just tastes like stomach rot. Used to drink flagons of scrumpy jack back in the day though, is that still going?

Used to drink two flagons of good ole Linden Village back in the day, called it a jetpack :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Inchs Stonehouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Scrumpy Jack is nicer than any other cider imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Frostie Jacks is great, duno if you get it down south though, we get it in donegal because we are near the border :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭lightning_saa

even tho i didnt include it in the thread u cant beat a bit of linden village either

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'll stick to my Bulmers thanks.
    Bulmers is a cheap cider, well cheap to produce it. They just up the price to make it seem "premium", it should be cheap, they just are ripping you off. I don't even consider it a cider, more like an alcopop, no other cider tastes like it, cidona & vodka would be the closest thing to it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

stonehouse or devils bit. lovely stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Devils Bit isn't half bad, or cans of Bulmers are quite nice too. Can't stand Bulmers on tap though.

Worst one has to be the 3 litres for €3.50 one from Tesco, it's got such a horrible aftertaste!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Linden Village produced by Bulmers, but IMO much nicer and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Inch's stone house cider is my favorite of all the apple Ciders on the Market
    at the moment. While I like my Bulmers its far to expensive to drink frequently.
    4 Can's of Inches was 5.60 Euro in my local about half the price of Bulmers.

Loved Hudson Blue Ice Cider too, it was great on tap Unlike Bulmers
    but over time more and more pubs and off licences stopped selling it
    and it disappeared, made a comeback then disappeared again.

No laughing or saying Drink Cidona or apple juice////
    But Always on the lookout for an alcohol free cider too but can never find any good stuff.

Bulmers medium strength cider is nice but its just not right for them to charge MORE money for half strength.

Tesco sell a Low alcohol cider, but its a very flat scrumpy taste to it,
    the bottle lids always look like they have Rust! or brown gunk when you pop
    the cap off the top of the bottle, and they expensive enough for a tesco brand.

~B

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Stonehouse is actually quite a nice cider, Druids is quite good aswell

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DonkeyPunch

The Taurus Cider in Aldi is alright. Tastes like Strongbow 24 cans for €30.
    Lindo is a good auld show too, banged in a couple of flaggans last week for old times sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

kopperberg do a non alcoholic pear cider if thats any good to ya..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

The Taurus Cider in Aldi is alright. Tastes like Strongbow 24 cans for €30.
    Lindo is a good auld show too, banged in a couple of flaggans last week for old times sake.

Cant honestly say it tastes much like strongbow to be honest, bought the 2 litres for €4.29 there during the week and its not that nice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I bet they're a staple drink of your diet Donkey ;)

I'll go along with Devils Bit. Sometimes they're available in a 4 pack for 6 euro. Really tasty stuff. Medium dry, with a little sweetness, but not as sickly as Bulmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

hereford orchard! awesome stuff... goes down like water. cant drink bulmers really anymore since i went onto it. 4.29 for a 2litre bottle (flagin). only ever seen it in tesco - who have stopped the tesco value cider. but apparantly they're bringin it back? anyone heard anything on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Kingstone Press. It is €2.35 a 660ml bottle and its nice, really nice.
    Molloys and Redmons in Ranalegh do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Twilighter

Druids. 1.49 a can in dunnes. Just add blackcurrant to disguise the ****e tase :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Druids is 1.75 a can in Sligo. I like it. Has a slightly bitter taste to it....but it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Lidl apple juice, cider yeast, cooking apple a pot of tea and two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

bulmers is de nicest, but very expensive
    bulmers pear just makes ye s**t
    devils bit and druids are hardcore, dont taste gud, but are very cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

nipps wrote: »
    bulmers is de nicest, but very expensive

Try "LINDEN VILLAGE" also produced by Bulmers, but nicer - also "cheap" @ €1-79 for 500ml can.

Advertisement