Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor

Options
  • 16-08-2009 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Iv been with Meteor since they first came out and have been using meteor to meteor free texts since it came out too, every month I top up by 20euro to receive 30days of free meteor to meteor texts, and every month meteor would text a few days before the 30 days free texts is over and warn you you need to top up by 20euro again to receive the next 30days free texts, I never received the text this month and am after spending all my credit I had left in my phone because I thought I still had my free texts, its happened to my girlfriend before too and she lost 70euro of credit because she never received the text one month too and didnt know her 30 days free texts were up.

She rang meteor and they said nothing they can do about it to refund the credit as its not in the T+C. Why do meteor offer this service to remind you, you need to top up when they fail to send it some times making you waste all your credit.
    Terrible service, Any thing I can do about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

The reminding is not a service that you pay for so you've no comeback if they don't send it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Meteor did a backend system upgrade about 2 weeks ago. They've had major problems ever since, for example, my monthly minutes and data allocations don't update as I use them so I can't tell if I've overshot them. Plenty of threads reporting similar issues in the Mobile / PDA section here on boards. I assume this is the reason you never got the text?

BTW. Might be worth posting this over on their forum on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Sleipnir wrote: »
    The reminding is not a service that you pay for so you've no comeback if they don't send it to you.

Its stupid they do it tho, and then don't do it some times. They shouldn't do it at all if they cant do it right. I will email them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

This happened to me about 6 months ago. When I had realised that my 30 days were up, I topped up but never received my free text messages, I emailed their customer service and told them. They immediately put me on free texts and gave me a full refund for all credit I had used.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Vain wrote: »
    I never received the text this month and am after spending all my credit I had left in my phone because I thought I still had my free texts, its happened to my girlfriend before too and she lost 70euro of credit because she never received the text one month too and didnt know her 30 days free texts were up

In fairness you could check your credit every so often to see if it's still operative or if the days are up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Just like to add Meteor rang me , and explained what went wrong and credited my account with 20euro Im very happy with this outcome and glad they were so helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I would personally be of the opinion that it's up to yourself to keep an eye on your credit. But having said that, good service there from Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

The exact same thing happened to me, but reckon it was my fault; i shouldn't have to be reminded by meteor that the 30 days are up.

having said that,they charged me for a bunch of meteor texts even though I had free texts. tool of a manager actually shouted at me down the phone when i complained.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Vain wrote: »
    Iv been with Meteor since they first came out and have been using meteor to meteor free texts since it came out too, every month I top up by 20euro to receive 30days of free meteor to meteor texts, and every month meteor would text a few days before the 30 days free texts is over and warn you you need to top up by 20euro again to receive the next 30days free texts, I never received the text this month and am after spending all my credit I had left in my phone because I thought I still had my free texts, its happened to my girlfriend before too and she lost 70euro of credit because she never received the text one month too and didnt know her 30 days free texts were up.

She rang meteor and they said nothing they can do about it to refund the credit as its not in the T+C. Why do meteor offer this service to remind you, you need to top up when they fail to send it some times making you waste all your credit.
    Terrible service, Any thing I can do about this?
    Holy hounds of hell.. so im not the only one.. Absolute gypo's meteor have turned into, used to be a decent bunch, where probs like this would nearly always be sorted out in the customer favour.

Like yourself, iv been on similar plans for about 5 maybe 6 years and ALWAYS WITHOUT FAIL received this notification msg, cept this month on Saturday when I should have recieved it. Just happened to walk into meteor shop today as I couldnt get through on their new and 'improved' customer care line, and less than friendly darling told me that this message was not automatic and DOESNT always get sent out...! So if its not automatic there must be some little meteor monkey sitting there presssing buttons for them sending out notifications to hundreds of thousands of people every month, surely they'd be better be off computerising the whole thing and having it automated?!:rolleyes:

Eventually got through to customer care to be told that its a 'complementary' msg and not guaranteed, the eventually conceded that it was automatic and that there is an issue with THEIR system but the would be doing sweet fa about it for those left out of pocket.

He also had the cheek to say that I should keep a system in my phone or notification in my calender that my free texts were up, ironically years i ago, i did actually do this but stoppped because meteor sent me a notification anyway, without fail, every month! So i stopped!

Scandalous behaviour from meteor really is, technically its not stealing but its close...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    Holy hounds of hell.. so im not the only one.. Absolute gypo's meteor have turned into, used to be a decent bunch, where probs like this would nearly always be sorted out in the customer favour.

Like yourself, iv been on similar plans for about 5 maybe 6 years and ALWAYS WITHOUT FAIL received this notification msg, cept this month on Saturday when I should have recieved it. Just happened to walk into meteor shop today as I couldnt get through on their new and 'improved' customer care line, and less than friendly darling told me that this message was not automatic and DOESNT always get sent out...! So if its not automatic there must be some little meteor monkey sitting there presssing buttons for them sending out notifications to hundreds of thousands of people every month, surely they'd be better be off computerising the whole thing and having it automated?!:rolleyes:

Eventually got through to customer care to be told that its a 'complementary' msg and not guaranteed, the eventually conceded that it was automatic and that there is an issue with THEIR system but the would be doing sweet fa about it for those left out of pocket.

He also had the cheek to say that I should keep a system in my phone or notification in my calender that my free texts were up, ironically years i ago, i did actually do this but stoppped because meteor sent me a notification anyway, without fail, every month! So i stopped!

Scandalous behaviour from meteor really is, technically its not stealing but its close...:mad:

sweet jesus, mountain out of a molehill much? why cant people do things for themselves anymore? whats so hard about either checking yourself when you last topped up or just doing it on the same day every month

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

krudler wrote: »
    sweet jesus, mountain out of a molehill much? why cant people do things for themselves anymore? whats so hard about either checking yourself when you last topped up or just doing it on the same day every month

Perhaps you should read my post again mate:rolleyes:, i used to do it back in the day, but stopped becuase meteor sent out the notification. Eh do tell me how im supposed to check when i topped up last? Paying in cash. Im not exactly rolling in it so losing the guts of ten euros in credit is a bit of a sickner especially only to be told that the message which iv gotten consequtively for lets say oh... the last 70 months isn't guaranteed is frustrating to say the least, especially when as noted earlier meteor ARE refunding some people but not others.

Perhaps your a little too willing to bend over for such companies and accept shoddy treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

maybe they think some people are trying to take the piss to get free credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Perhaps you should read my post again mate:rolleyes:, i used to do it back in the day, but stopped becuase meteor sent out the notification. Eh do tell me how im supposed to check when i topped up last? Paying in cash. Im not exactly rolling in it so losing the guts of ten euros in credit is a bit of a sickner especially only to be told that the message which iv gotten consequtively for lets say oh... the last 70 months isn't guaranteed is frustrating to say the least, especially when as noted earlier meteor ARE refunding some people but not others.

Perhaps your a little too willing to bend over for such companies and accept shoddy treatment.

ring meteor and ask? or check it online, its all on record

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Just happened to walk into meteor shop today as I couldnt get through on their new and 'improved' customer care line, and less than friendly darling told me that this message was not automatic and DOESNT always get sent out...! So if its not automatic there must be some little meteor monkey sitting there presssing buttons for them sending out notifications to hundreds of thousands of people every month, surely they'd be better be off computerising the whole thing and having it automated?!:rolleyes:

the fact that meteor are sending reminders every month means that customers have an expectation they will be reminded so meteor should be sorting this out for anyone affected as they have made the reminder a part of service through "custom & practice"

Advertisement