Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GIMP forgotten? :(

Options
  • 16-08-2009 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Does everyone here use Photoshop?
    I have Photoshop, yeah, but I use GIMP most of the time. Doesn't take as long to load and it's really good for a free programme.

So, GIMP or Photoshop? Or MS Paint if you're feeling old school xD

Has to be GIMP for me! Just because it's free doesn't mean it's crap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

GIMP is perfectly fine for the average user. Photoshop is expensive because it's a professional tool for graphic designers.

You wouldn't see a racecar driver take his normal everyday car onto a racetrack. They wouldn't need a racecar to go too and from work. But they certainly need it when they start working.

A bit of a weird comparison. But that's simplifying it.

Here's a list of software

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_raster_graphics_editors

Certainly GIMP is free, but there's plenty of things you can't do with GIMP that you can do with Photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

rhapsody! wrote: »
    Does everyone here use Photoshop?
    Just because it's free doesn't mean it's crap.

Well, compared to photoshop... it is. That's not opinion, Photoshop has nearly ten time more tools and features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mayonnaise

I think GIMP is good, hey its free! Its great for anyone just messing around at home enhancing images etc. I have the CS4 package and i'm more than pleased with it, even if it is pricey i just love it, but i had to learn to love it. I moved from quark to indesign...

Advertisement