Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

running club

Options
  • 16-08-2009 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

So i have been at home for the last month recovering from back surgery. I was meant to start rugby this summer so as to get fit but the surgery ruined that plan. What i noticed at home(bundoran) was a group that kept running up past my house every couple of days i the evenings. I enquired and it turns out the are a running club. They go out for a run three nights a week. So it got me thinking............

Is there anyone in the Strandhill area that would be interested in setting up a running club for beginners?? A club for people who want to get fit with people who want to get fit?? Perhaps meet at the rubgy club and run in a group over to culleenamore strand and back. As we will all be in the same boat(unfit) we could offer each other support and help each other out.

Anyone game for this??

I should be fully recovered in about three weeks and eager to get fitter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

ot a member of it but there is a running club that meets down at the it every tuesday night and has all varying abilities, ie semi pro to just want to get fit etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LadyDotty

yeees...
    I joined the gym 3 days ago, would definitely be ready for jogging in 3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

does anyone have first aid experience for when i collapse after the first 100m??

Just in case ya know.

So anyone else interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LadyDotty

you could put a sign up in the gym in the Ocean View hotel?

LadyDotty wrote: »
    you could put a sign up in the gym in the Ocean View hotel?

for someone with first aid experience? ha ha

Will put a sign up once i get back to sligo and recovery in nearing completion.

THats the gym across from the Venue yeah??

Would they be cool with that as it ay take people away from the gym as opposed to running on the machines?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I know there IS a running club but I just don't know any of the details - maybe give T_runner a PM as I believe he is a member of the athletics club, he'll at least be able to point you in the right direction... Or ask in the Athletics / Running / Triathalon forum.

got the all clear from my surgeon today so wanna maybe start in the next week or two if anyone is still game??

A friend suggested this as thats what he started on and he just did the warriors run at the weekend!!

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

frag

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

Why not set up a boardsie running club?
    There appears to be a few people on here interested. I'd be on for going along when i visit home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

frag420 wrote: »
    for someone with first aid experience? ha ha

Will put a sign up once i get back to sligo and recovery in nearing completion.

THats the gym across from the Venue yeah??

Would they be cool with that as it ay take people away from the gym as opposed to running on the machines?

The woman who is a physio in that gym is from Strandhill and into running and may be able to point you in the right direction
    trilo wrote: »
    Why not set up a boardsie running club?
    There appears to be a few people on here interested. I'd be on for going along when i visit home.

There is a boards ac alreday but are mainly Dublin based. You could have a Sligo Branch and base it in Sligo.

I will be doing training later in the year for anyone who wants to join in but would be mainly be focused towards Warriors Run.

Heres deatils for Sligo AC

http://sligoac.blogspot.com/

Advertisement