Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fine result boys

Options
  • 16-08-2009 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

nice to see an opening game like that.seems the lads might just have something there in the way we played.was not perfect by no means,but we seemed to have more momentum going forward . gomes again,how much longer is it going to be before harry cops on to him,i just dont like him,watched the game on the web ,sky sports cameras and commentry only its broadcast via australia on fox ,good quailty,any one want details i will pass them on or you may allready no plus its free:Dany boys happy days for a change on day one ,the army ,yidos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

massive win and a great performance

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

Delighted bout beating the scousers but even more happy about getting a good start to the season for the first time in about 4 or 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I didn't see the game (have it recorded) but I saw the Gomes penalty and I don't see what the big deal is. Loads of keepers have been caught out like that before and as far as I'm concerned it's not a big blunder, at least nothing like he had last year. Yeah he shouldn't have gone down but countless keepers over the years have done it.

Great result though, thoroughly delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Massive display by us...but Liverpool were poor...
    Gomes (forgive him for the pen, nothing else to do really in the game), Defense looked sound ( great to see Ledley back),
    Midfield ran the game ( Modric is now looking like a proper premier league player),
    Forwards...options options options (Keane didn't take his chances today but good to see us getting those chances)

Season ( yeah, after only 1 game)....promising

Philon
    COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 The Lilywhite

philon wrote: »
    Massive display by us...but Liverpool were poor...
    Gomes (forgive him for the pen, nothing else to do really in the game), Defense looked sound ( great to see Ledley back),
    Midfield ran the game ( Modric is now looking like a proper premier league player),
    Forwards...options options options (Keane didn't take his chances today but good to see us getting those chances)

Season ( yeah, after only 1 game)....promising

Philon
    COYS

We played well but Keane missed a few sitters, Palacious and Huddlestone were good in midfield, Modric was class and Lennon was good but his final ball wasnt great as for Crouch when he came on, he was f*ck*n terrible he was getting beaten to the ball by an 18 year old, he's no improvement to the team (IMO)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fairhillspur

good to get a start like that for a change back four solid charlie done well pleased with hudd even thought robbie missed chances he was in the right place and if modric stays he will become a legend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Lovely to put the hoards of deluded liverpool supporters in their place.
    Tday proved they are painfully average and totally over-hyped
    They'll never do anything major with their manager.
    He's basically a spanish Howard Wilkinson.
    Thank God we have Harry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Nice to start off with a win unlike previous seasons but looking at MOTD 2 it looked like spurs were all liverpool but Gomes was very stupid and it was a terrible penalty to give away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 skibbyid

im affraid your right,brilliant performance by modric especially his pass into the box from the touch line,class .can see the cheque books north of watford gap being opened now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Delighted!
    A few great saves by riena stopped the game being over at half time Keane definitely deserved to start and he showed that A very assured performance defensively Perfect start to the season now lets hope by this time next week we'll be 3 for 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Fantastic performance & thoroughly deserved result! On that evidence how can anyone say we are miles behind the top 4??

I loved the balance of the team, everyone played a blinder. I particularly enjoyed our front-line skill & movement of keane, defoe, modric & lennon. They just couldn't cope with it! Defensively we were solid & we had midfield protection with pal and hudd. Great stuff!

Predictably i thought crouch coming on was a negative as we started to lump the ball aimlessly up to him and I felt lost a bit of movement and momentum as a result. However even i think he'll be useful in certain match situations this season, just not as our main weapon.

COYS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

My only negative was the usual 'top 4' bias analysis on match of the day - does my head in!! after a great display, deserved win and goal of the month contender - the analysts chose to focus on torres' poor play and a couple of liverpool penalty appeals! Give the other teams some credit and air-time please!

COYS, hope ledley recovers for hull, if not hope the rejig doesn't upset things

Advertisement