Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christian Radio in Ireland

• 16-08-2009 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

What's your thoughts on Christian radio in Ireland, UCB,Spirit, Life fm in Cork.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 fm 1

What's your thoughts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

mem wrote: »
    What's your thoughts on Christian radio in Ireland, ,Spirit,
    They're not on yet, are they? Will they ever be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Salvelinus

Yay, everyone can listen to the saintly David Quinn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mem

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    They're not on yet, are they? Will they ever be?
    Well UCB is online and satellite, Life fm is on in Cork for the last year and Spirit will be on later this year. Things are looking good for christian radio in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ajhalpin

We did have UCB on 534-538Khz here in Ireland about six years ago. I cant remember why it got cut off. Does anyone know what happened to it? I would really like to see it back again. Does anyone have a definitive list of Christian Radio broadcasts in Ireland?

AJ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

ajhalpin wrote: »
    We did have UCB on 534-538Khz here in Ireland about six years ago. I cant remember why it got cut off. Does anyone know what happened to it? I would really like to see it back again. Does anyone have a definitive list of Christian Radio broadcasts in Ireland?

AJ
    It was on 549 kHz. "Officially" it was ICB relaying UCB.
    Shut down in order to apply for the licence (as Yes Radio IIRC) which it failed to win. Licence awarded to Spirit.

ajhalpin wrote: »

AJ
    The only Christian Radio station i know that's on in Ireland is life FM from cork it's also on line on www.lifefm.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

If it's Christian Radio is what you're interested in you should check out the SQPN network - www.sqpn.com

Ok, it's not radio strictly speaking, but some great content in their podcasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I mistakenly tuned in Life FM in cork a couple of weeks ago, and came across a debate on "does Jesus love us?". I thought, this will be interesting!
    Only problem was that both contributors agreed that Jesus does indeed love us and the "debate" turned into how much we should love him.
    I switched after 3 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 surfereire

I mistakenly tuned in Life FM in cork a couple of weeks ago, and came across a debate on "does Jesus love us?". I thought, this will be interesting!
    Only problem was that both contributors agreed that Jesus does indeed love us and the "debate" turned into how much we should love him.
    I switched after 3 mins

i must say a narrow minded view ,any radio station listened to for 3 min could come across as you tought but if you listened to the radio station which is the first licensed local christian radio station on air in ireland you would see the real meaning of the station which is to bring gods word to as many people that it can on a on going basis ,
    It is a christian radio station after all i hope spirit fm which is a national christian station will be on air soon in 2010 and it looks like it will , let gods words echo in the ears or the Irish people ,the country would be a better place for it

But in your hearts revere christ as lord . always be perpared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have . but do this with gentleness and respect .
    1 peter 3:15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

To me, a debate about something would have two points of view. There was only one point of view to this debate. Therefore it was not a debate, therefore I switched off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

surfereire wrote: »
    i must say a narrow minded view ,any radio station listened to for 3 min could come across as you tought but if you listened to the radio station which is the first licensed local christian radio station on air in ireland you would see the real meaning of the station which is to bring gods word to as many people that it can on a on going basis ,
    It is a christian radio station after all i hope spirit fm which is a national christian station will be on air soon in 2010 and it looks like it will , let gods words echo in the ears or the Irish people ,the country would be a better place for it

But in your hearts revere christ as lord . always be perpared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have . but do this with gentleness and respect .
    1 peter 3:15

Doubt many abused victims would agree with that.

FFS this is the radio forum. Christianity forum that way
    >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 surfereire

Doubt many abused victims would agree with that.

FFS this is the radio forum. Christianity forum that way
    >

yes you would be right but that s the catholic way not the real Christian way not a true follower of Jesus Christ

Radio chat only sounds good to me do you know any thing about it do you even work in one . I may be able to answer that for my self god bless. Have a nice day .

surfereire wrote: »
    yes you would be right but that s the catholic way not the real Christian way not a true follower of Jesus Christ

Radio chat only sounds good to me do you know any thing about it do you even work in one . I may be able to answer that for my self god bless. Have a nice day .

Good day to you as well :)

If you want to hear good radio chat, I recommend Sean Moncrieff on Newstalk - funny and original

Anyways to answer your question, I live very close to Life FM in Togher but I never really listen to it. I remember I switched it on before and they were playing Pearl Jam... I was pleasantly surprised!

Tbh we're not well served with local stations in Cork - 96 FM catering for the oldie market, Red FM aiming for the young knacker market and Life FM aiming at the religious market. Nothing for normal young people except maybe Cork Campus Radio

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Anyways to answer your question, I live very close to Life FM in Togher but I never really listen to it. I remember I switched it on before and they were playing Pearl Jam... I was pleasantly surprised!

What song?

I remember loling listening to Cross Rhythms about five years about when they would play religious gangsta rap.

rovert wrote: »
    What song?

I remember loling listening to Cross Rhythms about five years about when they would play religious gangsta rap.

Didn't know such a genre existed tbh! Twas Daughter I think. Given to Fly would suit the station well though

What other songs could they play ?????????

Advertisement