Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour of Ireland 2009 in Carlow

Options
  • 16-08-2009 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

It doesen't seem to be very well publicised so I thought I'd mention the 2009 Tour of Ireland which will run through Eastern and Southern Carlow on Friday the 21st of August.

Weather you like him or not one of the biggest sporting stars in the world Lance Armstrong is participating with his Astana team.

The following link gives details of the route.

www.tourofireland.ie/stage1.php

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I see that, going down Tinahely-Bunclody-Mt Leinster (rather them than me :D)-Borris-Graig-Inistioge-Waterford. Christ that is some amount of hills/mountains!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Got the brochure in the door Friday. It'll be the 1st-Leg on the Friday & it'll be highlighted on telly that night.
    It's scheduled to come thorugh Borris at 12.38 I think. Better set the alarm & be up out-of the scratcher!
    Some serious climbs gonna be involved alright. The Hill of Borris! Then around Inistigue tis quite hilly in parts & obviously Mt.Leinster & coming over that will be handy-enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Heard about this a few weeks ago. Big names involved as well as Armstrong, Mark Cavendish is taking part too.
    Pity its not going through Carlow Town...so guess i may head to Borris to get a look!

Advertisement