Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Free fishing in Meath / Surrounding area

• 16-08-2009 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi

Just started fly fishing and basically got the gear as a leaving present from my job. Doe anyone know of rivers / lakes around Navan, trim area where i don't have to fork out approx 15 Euro for a couple of hours fishing. Don't really have a hope of catching fish yet, just want to practise. Everywhere seems to be associated with a angling club threatening heavey fines if caught fishing. I thought possibly the royal canal, again probably usefule for casting practice but not much chance of catching on the fly. Any help appreciated

H

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Well you can catch perch on the fly, iv seen lads at it on the canal. When i first learned to fly fish, i used to practice casting in the back garden. I dont fly fish however just never got fully into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

canal id say would be pretty hard to learn to fly fish on because of all trees lining each sideof it.. Your really not far from cavan where theres so many lakes..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

HwH wrote: »
    Hi

Just started fly fishing and basically got the gear as a leaving present from my job. Doe anyone know of rivers / lakes around Navan, trim area where i don't have to fork out approx 15 Euro for a couple of hours fishing. Don't really have a hope of catching fish yet, just want to practise. Everywhere seems to be associated with a angling club threatening heavey fines if caught fishing. I thought possibly the royal canal, again probably usefule for casting practice but not much chance of catching on the fly. Any help appreciated

H

You caould always join one of the clubs and have year round (seasonal) fishing for the cost of the membership.

Advertisement