Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband Breeze in Newbridge

Options
  • 16-08-2009 8:28pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi ,

Do any one know what IBB breeze is like in Newbridge , I have had my fill of BT , speed have been terrible for the last few months and then all this week the connection is dropping non stop !

Is Breeze similar to WiMax or is that a separate offering that will be available from them ,

any way I have pasted in my line stats , When I got BT in I was told my line was capable of 5mb which it did for about 4 or 5 months but for the last 6-7 months speeds have been bad but bearable, constant dropouts is the last straw for me !

Line Mode G.DMT Line State Show Time
    Latency Type Interleave Line Up Time 00:02:52:56
    Line Coding Trellis On Line Up Count 21

Statistics Downstream Upstream
    Line Rate 1184 Kbps 512 Kbps
    Noise Margin 18.5 dB 12.0 dB
    Line Attenuation 52.0 dB 27.0 dB
    Output Power 3.1 dBm 16.9 dBm
    K (number of bytes in DMT frame) 38 17
    R (number of check bytes in RS code word) 16 16
    S (RS code word size in DMT frame) 4 8
    D (interleaver depth) 16 8
    Super Frames 610353 610358
    Super Frame Errors 0 0
    RS Words 10376014 5187040
    RS Correctable Errors 71404 0
    RS Uncorrectable Errors 0 0
    HEC Errors 0 0
    OCD Errors 0 0
    LCD Errors 0 0
    ES Errors 0 0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I don't know about availability or what it's like in Newbridge, assuming that you don't mean Newbridge, Co. Galway :) There you wouldn't get DSL nor IBB Breeze.

However the Breeze product is mostly fixed wireless in the 802.11a standard in 5 GHz or 3.5 GHz and some areas have been upgraded to fixed wimax. It doesn't really matter because IBB will rig the antenna in to the optimum and you won't have to worry about that.

/M

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Marlow wrote: »
    I don't know about availability or what it's like in Newbridge, assuming that you don't mean Newbridge, Co. Galway :) There you wouldn't get DSL nor IBB Breeze.

However the Breeze product is mostly fixed wireless in the 802.11a standard in 5 GHz or 3.5 GHz and some areas have been upgraded to fixed wimax. It doesn't really matter because IBB will rig the antenna in to the optimum and you won't have to worry about that.

/M
    Its the Kildare Newbridge alright , I am nearly sure they do the Breeze out here , I will have to keep my phone line as I have Sky multi room which is a pain in the ASS !

Im going to give IBB a call in the morning and get them in !

Advertisement