Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Season

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I am just just waiting for the next Robinho tantrum,
    'Next'? I must have missed the last one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

1. Liverpool
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Man City
    5. Man U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Did anyone notice that Burnley have last years top 5 as there first 5 games that is seriously tough!

Liverpool didn't play well and spurs played very well but the first game of the season should never really be taken as a marker doesn't always reflect the teams in reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Did anyone notice that Burnley have last years top 5 as there first 5 games that is seriously tough!

Liverpool didn't play well and spurs played very well but the first game of the season should never really be taken as a marker doesn't always reflect the teams in reality.

Yeah, fair enough point there.

But.

Liverpool already have a three point deficit on the four other potential title challengers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Des wrote: »
    Yeah, fair enough point there.

But.

Liverpool already have a three point deficit on the four other potential title challengers.

having played one of the toughest games of the season, away from home-compared to our rivals who played relegation canditates at home.

we win on wednesday night & you could say we've taken two points more than we did in the corresponding fixtures last year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mr Alan wrote: »
    having played one of the toughest games of the season, away from home-compared to our rivals who played relegation canditates at home.

we win on wednesday night & you could say we've taken two points more than we did in the corresponding fixtures last year ;)

So, it's all about the spin that people put on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I clash regularly with my, more shall we say more "optimistic" Liverpool fans here at times but surely this thread is a piss take OP?

I can not think of a bigger cliche than to lose the rag after one game, a convincing win over Stoke on Wednesday will do loads to dispel this horrible negativity. Aquilani and Agger will be back soon too. Rafa may well sign someone before the window closes while were at it. Furthermore, Ryan Babel may well be offered a lucrative record deal with a well-known rap label in the US and find the offer too tempting to turn down.
    Mr Alan wrote: »

we win on wednesday night & you could say we've taken two points more than we did in the corresponding fixtures last year

I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Xavi6 wrote: »
    'Next'? I must have missed the last one....

Well he walked out off a training camp last year to attend his "birthday". http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_city/article5551333.ece

Also the way he left Real Madrid hardly strikes me as that off a level headed player. If City struggle, he'll cause trouble.

Edit: Also these articles sums up his career fairly well
    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/robertshaw/8229626/Robinhos_fancy_footwork_unlikely_to_impress/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/feb/27/manchester-city-robinho-daniel-taylor-john-terry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

just checked out the thread and 4 pages in im still getting terrible abuse. im going to sit here scratching my balls until i think of a thread good enough to put on boards. just to keep ye happy.:p

who knew internet land was so picky?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement