Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poor maps - terrible actually

Options
  • 16-08-2009 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

I have a garmin 310...I bought Europe maps for it some time ago and installed them no problem....

I am using it in France at the moment and the roads in Paris are non-existent on the maps!!! I have to ditch it completely and use a map!

Any ideas why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Sounds like you may have just UK and Irish mapping installed - AFAIK this comes with major European roads only.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes you have UK & IRL maps only. The rest is just a base map.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

I bought the EUR maps for 90 euro on a disk and thought I had installed them...when I was in Brittany last week, the unit worked perfectly....
    I havenot brought the disk with me on hols ....how can I check on my unit? is there anything I can do? I am having to get routes off AA routefinder and write it out before I head off anywhere:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

snowdaze wrote: »
    I bought the EUR maps for 90 euro on a disk and thought I had installed them...when I was in Brittany last week, the unit worked perfectly....
    I havenot brought the disk with me on hols ....how can I check on my unit? is there anything I can do? I am having to get routes off AA routefinder and write it out before I head off anywhere:D
    How did you transfer the maps to the GPS? If you used Mapsource, it's possible you somehow didn't transfer all the necessary map tiles properly. If so, then you're screwed :D

BTW the centre of Paris is a separate tile. If you just click on what look like the major tiles to transfer to the unit, it's easy to miss that small one. Same goes for the latest maps for Ireland .. Dublin is a separate tile. It's best to select an area, and let the tool select the tiles within that area, rather than selecting them one by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

it sounds like that must have been what happened:( I have learned the hard way!:D

Thanks for your helpful advice and when I get back I will try to sort it

cheers:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement