Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TACX Cycle Track trainer

• 16-08-2009 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭

I bought this on a whim a few years ago and have used it for less than four hours. I couldn't get used to the lack of a fresh breeze in my face and lobbed it into the attic. Its just the trainer - there are no computery, USB bluetoothy gubbins with it.

Theres a special skewer with it - just swap yours out.

I'm in Galway - collection preferred but I can probably get it to Wexford or Dublin if necessary.

Is it worth E50 to anyone? Offers?

'cptr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭hynesie

Hey Interceptor, I'm in Galway and am interested.
    Which Tacx model is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

hynesie wrote: »
    Which Tacx model is it?

The only markings on it are the words 'Cycle Track' down one side. From the TACX site it looks the same as the Speed Braker

I'm based in NUIG during the day and can bring it in if you want a look, just let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Its a speed braker (TI800)), uses wind resistance rather than magnetic so the harder you pedal the harder it becomes to pedal. Good for interval training.

I think I sold this one to Interceptor a couple of years back (and I probably put less hours on it than he did, so effectively this thing will still be new)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭hynesie

Hey Interceptor, not really looking for a wind resistance one so I'll pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 1200Adventure

Hi,

Is this still available?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭jautukas87

Might be interested, in NUIG aswell, whats the difference between wind resistance and magnetic resistance in terms of training ?

EDIT:

Wind resistance increases with speed. Does it mean that resistance only is adjustable by changing gears (and abviously peddaling speed) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

SOLD! Sorry for not replying sooner.

Advertisement