Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overheard..........wrongly

• 16-08-2009 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

Brother is home from Australia and we're driving in the car yesterday. Radio ad comes on asking you to sponsor a child in need.
    Having never heard the ad in question and with excellent aural abilities he pipes up.. why would anyone want to sponsor a child in meath.

Let's have them...

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

One of the Polish lads at work heard some Britney Spears song where she says "Do you want a piece of me.".

He turns to me and says "Did she just say, do you want to piss on me?".

It took me about 10 minutes to answer his question I was laughing that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

One of the Polish lads at work heard some Britney Spears song where she says "Do you want a piece of me.".

He turns to me and says "Did she just say, do you want to piss on me?".

It took me about 10 minutes to answer his question I was laughing that much.

god that would have been a much better song:pac:

I used to live with a polish guy and every time he went out drinking he would announce 'tonight I am going to piss myself!' (he meant get pissed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i was on a first date with this guy, he dropped me home and we were in his car outside my house, snogging and chatting in between.

while we were chatting, i had my hand on his upper thigh area, and at one stage he yawned, so i said "you're wrecked". what he heard was "you're erect". his reply was something like "why did you say that" and i said "well, you were yawning"... there were a few seconds of confusion til we figured it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Worked with a czech republic lad for a while.One friday after work we went for a few beers,he went to the bar and i sat down.Few minutes later he came back drinks in hand and a very confused look on his face.He said to me*best czech accent*,cruiser,why stupid ****ing bar man ask me i want eyes in my whisky.Took me a few mins to explain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

I was going into a club in town after a fundrasier thing I was at. The bouncer asked where I was coming from and I said "A fundraiser. In Project" and he was like "what did you just call me??!"

Turns out when I said "Project" he though I said "******".

Once we established our miscommunication he was very nice about it. I imagine some would not take it so well!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭TigerIsa

That new ****e song which i am googling... New in Town by Little Boots, little sister turns around in the car having misheard, 'i don't have a penny' as 'i dont have a fanny but i'll show you a good time' and proceeds to ask my dad, why would she need a fanny to show him a good time? What's a fanny?

Next time you hear the song you will definitely hear it, i had to listen to the song twice before i realised she wasn't actually saying it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭annabellee77

You know the BEP song Boom Boom Pow?

One of the verses has....

"...We gotta beat that pound,
    We gotta beat that 808..."

When I heard it 1st I could've sworn the highlighted was.......an*l ra pe!!! :o:o:o

Well I knew obviously that I had it wrong so listened again......still thought that was what it was......had to go google the lyrics.... :o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

wha wrote: »
    I was going into a club in town after a fundrasier thing I was at. The bouncer asked where I was coming from and I said "A fundraiser. In Project" and he was like "what did you just call me??!"

Turns out when I said "Project" he though I said "******".

Once we established our miscommunication he was very nice about it. I imagine some would not take it so well!

I guess I'm the only one then.
    Whats a ******?:confused::confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

loobylou wrote: »

me too...

Is it just me or does it genuinely sound like lady gaga is singing "F*** F*** F*** F*** her face" on the second line of that chorus?

http://www.kissthisguy.com/ has loads of them.
    "Blinded by the light. Lit up like a douche"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

What about the song '' I believe '' ie and I know why , I belive ...

how many people thought it was a song about the painkilling gel Ibuleve ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

my bro-in-law is an athiest, but was at a wedding mass recently.

afterwards he told me he thought we were saying "pleased to meet you" at the sign of peace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

For a while I thought that Katie Perry song "waking up in Vegas" contained the lyric, "with me wearing your cock ring"

Its class ring, and I'm sure they've changed the song to make it clearer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I always thought in the song 'bullet proof' that the lyrcis were pulling through instead of bullet proof even though that's the name of the song:rolleyes:

And of course Simply Red are singing ' Holding back the Ears ' right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

me too...

Is it just me or does it genuinely sound like lady gaga is singing "F*** F*** F*** F*** her face" on the second line of that chorus?

I was convinced the chorus of that song was "Carickmines, Carrickmines" instead of "Can't read minds, can't read minds" I was thinking, Jesus they could surely think of a better place to sing about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I was convinced the chorus of that song was "Carickmines, Carrickmines" instead of "Can't read minds, can't read minds" I was thinking, Jesus they could surely think of a better place to sing about!

Double fail. It's 'Can't read my, Can't read my..''
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I found this in another thread .Very Very funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA1NoOOoaNw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Latchy wrote: »
    And of course Simply Red are singing ' Holding back the Ears ' right ?

http://www.rathergood.com/bunny_too_tight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Overheard..........wrongly

You rang?

• Advertisement

karmabass wrote: »
    Of course , holding back the ears of the the bunny to tight to mention song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

BVB wrote: »
    I found this in another thread .Very Very funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA1NoOOoaNw

Almost sure that was me who posted that vid.... yeah its hilarious. The start is the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

In the Car an old song comes on "Fade to Grey"

Wife says "Is he saying Hector Greys??"

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

you know the Amy Winehouse song Back To Rehab, well the chorus is "they tried to make me go to rehab i said no no no"

the first time i heard it i thought she was singing

"i'm a giant big fcuking d1ckhead yes i am am am"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    you know the Amy Winehouse song Back To Rehab, well the chorus is "they tried to make me go to rehab i said no no no"

the first time i heard it i thought she was singing

"i'm a giant big fcuking d1ckhead yes i am am am"

Christ man, thats way off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Was listening to that song in the car one, "She moves in her own way."

My was sure it was "I love Herbie 'cos she moves in her own way". Herbie being that talking car thing (who's meant to be male :/)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Vinta81 wrote: »

Oh stop, the singing is awful. Reminds me of this

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

my german friend, his first day in work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭gandhi123

A Eastern European guy came into the job one day started asking for a
    "Bassel" in a thick accent.. He said it about 5 times and i still hadn't a clue what he meant... i tot he meant Bassel Bush:P... Turns out he was looking a " Puzzle"... :pac::pac:

If you say "bassel" to yourself in a thick Eastern European accent it does sound like "puzzle " ha

Oh and +1 for Carrickmines in that Lady Gaga song...:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

In the sh1te song "Glamorous" by Fergie, There's a line that says "sippin, reminiscin' on days when I had a mustang"

For months I couldn figure out what she was saying and thought it was

"sippin, reminiscin' on days when I had a MUSTACHE!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Tonight, I sellotape my glove to you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I could have sworn the guy above me said "Tonight, I sellotape my glove to you.". That can't be right though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I could have sworn the guy above me said "Tonight, I sellotape my glove to you.". That can't be right though. :D
    Well you have to hand it to him.........its an original chat-up line

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Dean09 wrote: »
    Well you have to hand it to him.........its an original chat-up line
    Isn't it? Obviously refers to http://www.romantic-lyrics.com/lt12.shtml

though clearly not that obvious ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

My little nephew thinks she sings 'i wish i was a prawn cracker' instead of 'punk rocker'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

My friend went on a first date with an Italian guy at the cinema. While choosing their movie, he looked around and commented on "all the black b@stards" in the cinema.

Cue my friend's absolute horror and she attempts to get away, much to the confusion and hurt of the Italian guy.

After much misunderstanding she realises he'd been complaining about "all the blockbusters"...

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

years ago in school. one the lads told the teacher he was dyslexic. but i thought he told her he was sexy and burst out laughin whcih got me some funny looks until we cleard it all up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Earth Dweller

In third class in school we were on about our starsigns and I said I was cancer and my friend had a look of disgust on her face and got up and walked away and I goes, cancer- as in born in July and she goes- oooohhhh that's ok, I thought you said you had cancer. Same girl's doing nursing now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

loobylou wrote: »

Oh didn't notice that got censored. He thought I said f'ggot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

wha wrote: »
    Oh didn't notice that got censored. He thought I said f'ggot

How can you get confused between 'project' and 'fággot'? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Gang of lads out of work were in Manchester last season for a man city match, afterwards in a night club one of the lads went to the bar and ask the barman who was of african descent for a vodka and blackcurrent, barman thought he said give us a vodka you black c*@t and got a bit upset and he was asked to leave, and not politley.

Advertisement