Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Black Wine Gums...

Options
  • 16-08-2009 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Just wondering if any other Wine-Gum lovers have noticed the decreasing number of black Wine Gums in bags and packets. As far as I can remember, there have always been very few black wine gums in a packet, in comparisson to the yellow or orange ones.
    Is there a reason for this? Are they more expensive to make? Or are the just not as popular as their counterparts?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Yes there is usually an abundance of the least popular sweets in bag then any of the other colors. This way, there are not as much good tasting ones as there should be, so you'll buy another bag and then another and another, until you've fully satisfied yourself with those sweet black winegums. Which means more profit for cold hearted manufacturers of bassett's.

It's a god damn conspiracy!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Oddly, Red and Black are the two most popular colours; fret not, however, you can now buy Wine Gums Red'n'Blacks packets, which contain nothing but the 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Oddly, Red and Black are the two most popular colours; fret not, however, you can now buy Wine Gums Red'n'Blacks packets, which contain nothing but the 2!

Why have i only learnt this now!!!!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

I think they must be new; I saw them in Dunnes earlier and wondered why they had been black/red specific, but Wikipedia informs me they are the two favourites! I always liked green, personally :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Seriously?!!! Actually now that they're here it makes you wonder how it took them so long to come up with that oh-so-amazing idea! I'm getting me some of those tomorrow. Mmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I thought you could get packs with just blacks too.

Do they still sell boxes of just the purple roses? (or was it quality street)? you could get boxes of hazelnut whirls too at one time and some other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

rubadub wrote: »
    Do they still sell boxes of just the purple roses? (or was it quality street)? you could get boxes of hazelnut whirls too at one time and some other.
    I'm not sure, I can't recall having seen them lately though..

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Was enjoying a packet of them on my drive home last night. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just like the black and red fruit pastilles packet they sell now, the sell the black and red wine gums in a small pack though and don't sell the pastilles like that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

M&S have been doing a red and black version for a while. I love red and blacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

rubadub wrote: »
    I thought you could get packs with just blacks too.

Cadburys used to sell individual boxes of purple Roses, the hazelnut ones and also the yellow toffee ones.

They don't do them anymore though, it sucks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ocizeus

Is there anywhere i can order loads of red and blacks online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

Just wondering if any other Wine-Gum lovers have noticed the decreasing number of black Wine Gums in bags and packets. As far as I can remember, there have always been very few black wine gums in a packet, in comparisson to the yellow or orange ones.
    Is there a reason for this? Are they more expensive to make? Or are the just not as popular as their counterparts?!

don't want to annoy you here but the last bag of wine gums I bought had loads of black ones in... must have had your share :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

if you have an issue with it, write to the manufacturer... they might send you out some vouchers :D

Advertisement