Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you need membership and licence for Airsoft Devices before you buy??

Options
  • 16-08-2009 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I am new here and came across the airsoft websites and found that it sounds like alot of fun.....and would like to know more on what i would have to do in getting started.do you need any licence to purchase these weapons?? And would i need membership to join in on the games.??Any feedback would be great.... Thanks...Irishdude007(Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

No you dont need a license at all if you are over 18 you can buy one easily as long as you bring your ID with you. If you are under 18 then you will have to get a parent to buy one. As for your other question some places require you have membership if they are a club to play but most sites just require that you pay a fee for the day to play. Hope this helps.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 irishdude007

thanks lordhogo......im 30 so im ok with the age thing.lol.thankyou for your feedback.just would like to know more about it .....looks very interesting...my type of hobby....something to do at weekends be great .

Ok I would reccomend going to a skirmish site and renting a airsoft for the day and see if you like it I know you probably will like it but you want to be on the safe side and make sure you know you like airsoft before you splash out a load of money or you could do what I did and just buy a fairly cheap aeg or pistol and then move on to a good and expensive one if you like it.

Oh and also some shops require you bring ID even no matter what age you are.

sounds like a good plan lordhogo....i am sure that i will love it and be a long member once i get started lol...sounds like alot of fun and good way of makeing new friends... thankyou for your advise,,,,airsoft here in blanchardstown where i am from.mite pop over and have a look at some stage ...all i have to do then is find out where i can go and play for a day.lol

Good luck with that I hope everything works out well for you and hope to have you in my sites at a skirmish some time.

• Advertisement

Thanks lordhogo......look forward to it ..take care and Thankyou .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Even just pop into the shop, talk to the lads, they'll explain everything and ya can get a feel of the aeg's

Hi Craigsy... sounds good . its something id like to get into .......im going to pop over to the store here in blanchardstown....see what they say...how do i find out where i can go to shoot ....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

First, airsoft guns are not weapons, and it is preferred if you didn't class them as such, it portrays a bad image. Most Irish airsoft sites are in the Retailers and Sites section here on Boards. Eirsoft.ie have a great selection of clones instore and they'll put you right.

ok thanks leftyflip........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭hitman_

Hi Craigsy... sounds good . its something id like to get into .......im going to pop over to the store here in blanchardstown....see what they say...how do i find out where i can go to shoot ....lol

There are a couple of sites available not too far from Blanchardstown:
    I would recommend (from personal experience).
    For Outdoor:
    Red Barn - http://redbarnairsoft.com
    Lots of newcomers, plenty of players in all age ranges, Toilet, hot water,
    Mains power for battery charging.

Rathbeggan Airsoft - http://www.rathbegganairsoft.com
    Full age range of players, Clubhouse, Toilet, Hot water, shop etc.

For Indoor :
    The Warehouse -
    http://www.airsoftreloaded.ie
    Heard nothing but good reports, Toilets, Power.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Some useful information for beginners at this site, in case you haven't already seen it. Welcome aboard!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Thread title Changed

Please read the charter irishdude007 and please do not call Airsoft devices weapons, Thanks

thanks for all the feed back guys.....

Advertisement