Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it okay when the punters groaaaaaan?!

• 16-08-2009 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I'm checking back on the video to my first show. There were several points that the crowd groaned, not in a bad way at all. But a kind of a 'oh no you didn't?' collective groan mixed in with laughter. The gags were purposefully cheesy or a little risque, so what did I take from this?! Any of you more experienced guys got comments?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

IMO groans at cheesy gags are just fine. They're usually coupled with a smile.

Groans followed by laughter are good cos they end in laughter.

Laughter then a groan is grand cos it shows that the joke was so funny it bypassed their morals & suchlike.

Just groans on their own. Take a look at the gag & see if it's bad as in just plain dirty!

The worst reaction you can get is silence. Any reaction is good if you learn something from it or can work with it on the stage.

Any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i agree with what halfwit said, you are gettin a reaction so thats a good thing and you did say this:
    frobisher wrote: »
    ...collective groan mixed in with laughter.

you say it yourself that you are gettin laughter, isnt that the real point that tells you that you are doing something right!?

Advertisement