Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carlow car dealers

Options
  • 16-08-2009 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭

I went by, sa moore, fitzpatricks and bolands today, all had very litle stock on the forcourts, have they all done a big clearance, or is it a sign of things coming for them?

hope they just went to auction

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Well i was talking to my father a while back and he went to trade in his old car 08 Corolla and Fitzpatricks(where he bought it) wouldn't do a trade in and Bolands offered him 7,000 on a trade in. My mate used to work in FM Auto and he told me before he left that they couldn't give the cars away and that was in Feb/March.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Talking to some of the lads and they are telling me they can't keep the 2nd hands on the forecourt at the moment, 1 lad even told me that they have started to pickup 2nd hand stock to resale (that's a big name main dealer). They are still selling new cars but flatout on anything <10k~12k seems to be the general feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Can you name that dealer?
    Or PM it to me, I've a car I'm trying to shift and I'd like to go see if they're interested?

i doubt they will buy privately, but mainly buyin within the trade. But you can try i suppose. I'll pm you.(along with some other questions)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

tombull82 wrote: »
    i doubt they will buy privately, but mainly buyin within the trade. But you can try i suppose. I'll pm you.(along with some other questions)

still waiting :) ?

• Advertisement

ShayK1 wrote: »
    still waiting :) ?

Steady on. busy busy, PM'd you there now. Also just noticed your sig which answers some of my Q's :o

Advertisement