Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get to the main post office

• 16-08-2009 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

OK !

You are in Clarecastle and have been given a package to deliver to the main Post Office @ bank place in ennis.
    You'r task is to deliver the package WITHOUT crossing over any body of water.
    What route do you take ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭999/112

Launch your kayak, canoe, small boat etc in Clarecastle, travel upstream along the River Fergus to the P.O. & deliver the package.
    You will not cross any body of water, you simply stay on it!;)

Option 2 is simpler; Get somebody else to deliver it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Get the government to tell everyone to stay in their homes due to a panadenic. Then go and deliver your package :). You wont have crossed over any 'body' of water then :D.

This is a trick question, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

OK !

You are in Clarecastle and have been given a package to deliver to the main Post Office @ bank place in ennis.
    You'r task is to deliver the package WITHOUT crossing over any body of water.
    What route do you take ?

Depends on what part of Clarecastle you are in. If you are on the Roche side of the Fergus, then your only hope is navigate all the way up north Clare around the Burren sources and back South to Bank Place. If you are on the Castle side of the bridge, you head out the Quin Road, turn left down the Bog road (now the bypass partly), up to Roslevan, into town via the Tulla, and up by Bindon street. Your screwed if your in a car, coz thats a one way street, so walking some of the way is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

Depends on what part of Clarecastle you are in. If you are on the Roche side of the Fergus, then your only hope is navigate all the way up north Clare around the Burren sources and back South to Bank Place. If you are on the Castle side of the bridge, you head out the Quin Road, turn left down the Bog road (now the bypass partly), up to Roslevan, into town via the Tulla, and up by Bindon street. Your screwed if your in a car, coz thats a one way street, so walking some of the way is needed.

No...Your journey starts outside the church in clarecastle.
    Now tell me exactly whet route you would take..
    REMEMBER....you cannot cross over any water.
    That rules out all boats or vessels as such...

No...Your journey starts outside the church in clarecastle.
    Now tell me exactly whet route you would take..
    REMEMBER....you cannot cross over any water.
    That rules out all boats or vessels as such...

Not possible. Were you in the Nash when you were a boy, coz I can remember Mr Kelly trying this one on us. We had to go around the Fergus, that means around the source up stream, its the only way. I aint going to harp off every nook and cranny!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

not possible, i'd guess also, Ennis/Inis is an island

BOBBY wrote: »
    I will agree with Bobby!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Not possible. Were you in the Nash when you were a boy, coz I can remember Mr Kelly trying this one on us. We had to go around the Fergus, that means around the source up stream, its the only way. I aint going to harp off every nook and cranny!!!

He fooled my 3rd class head with this one! :pac:

What a ledge.

And this can't be done. Unless, like someone already said, you drive up around the source and somehow dodge every ther stream...

Wait... Drive straight up the limerick road towards town, then turn right down clonroad at the flannans roundabout and go up towards cahercalla hill. Then drive down by the golf club and go up towards the lahinch road. Turn left then right towards lees road. Stay driving and go out past drumcliff. Then come out by Ballyallya (I dont think you've crossed any rivers here.). Go out to the Gort road and go back into town. Turn right at the Colaiste and park across from the clinic, then walk to the post office. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭fergusman

define "crossing a body of water" because this morning some of the puddles around ennis could be considered small ponds/streams.

Also theres loads of small streams around ennis that you pass over each day without most people even realising it. eg the one that passes under flannans and under the limerick road
    its impossible unless of course this is a trick question.... in which case a helicopter?

• Advertisement

Jay P wrote: »
    Wait... Drive straight up the limerick road towards town, then turn right down clonroad at the flannans roundabout and go up towards cahercalla hill. Then drive down by the golf club and go up towards the lahinch road. Turn left then right towards lees road. Stay driving and go out past drumcliff. Then come out by Ballyallya (I dont think you've crossed any rivers here.). Go out to the Gort road and go back into town. Turn right at the Colaiste and park across from the clinic, then walk to the post office. :)

You did mean left at Flannans and not right?

Going out Clonroad, you've already crossed the Rocky road stream.

Going out onto the Lahinch road, you've then crossed the River Claureen.

Going passed Drumcliff, you've passed the Fergus (that really narrow bridge near Ballyalla)

Tis no brainer, "Ennis... A Bridge Too Far"

Jay P wrote: »

Hi Jay P,
    I'm not from Ennis but happen to have a few maps of the Ennis area [long story]. These maps were published pre-bypass!
    As "fergusman" has pointed out you cross over [1] a stream from Ballybeg Lough to the Fergus river [Clare Rd.].
    Did you mean "left" @ Flannans roundabout? If so, you also cross over a stream [2] that runs from Flannans college lake [by the tennis court "fergusman"].
    Another [3] stream as you drive up thru Cahercalla.
    From here to Lee's road you have to cross [4] the Inch/Claureen river.
    Drumcliffe to the Gort road, you cross [5] the Fergus @ Ballycorey bridge.
    You again cross [6] the Fergus on your way into Ennis [Gort road].
    BOBBY wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

It is not possible to get to the post office without passing over water as the street is a one way street..And yes as Ennis is an Island it is not possoble in my opinion to get to it! It is possible to get as far as the bridge right beside the post office (up limerick road, right onto clon road, left down by tesco, up through the town, park outside Hughes and Hughes).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I thought the main post office was now the depot out the Gort Road :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Thats the main sorting office, dont think its a retail office tho! OP Clear up which you want..either way its gonn be a big drive and a bit of a walk

Crap :o

Advertisement