Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chick flicks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Bridget Jones' Diary was great, I liked the Devil Wears Prada but Pretty Woman, Dirty Dancing and Sex and the City were just appalling, over-hyped rubbish! As for Mama Mia, I saw 45 minutes of that on DVD and really couldn't stand any more so I played Call of Duty 4 while my wife watched the rest :D

:eek:

But what about the amazing clothes?!!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

OldGoat wrote: »
    what is the masculine of Chick Flick?

You mean a 'Bromance'!! You know...those ones that have the lads who were in The Hangover, Knocked Up etc . They are good & funny but lets see if the next 20 'Bromances' are still funny.

They will probably be all about puking/farting/pooping/boners/annoying wifes and beautiful blondes who fall for the fat funny guy BUT without the well written script or storyline!

Any genre can get over done. However I do agree that the amount of crap chickflicks out there WAY out weighs the good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

The ultimate chickflick is Brokeback Mountain.

Its a travesty it is - a mockery on the sacred genre of westerns to appeal to girls.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Chick flicks are wrong. so very wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

ChewChew wrote: »
    Chick flicks are wrong. so very wrong.

pretty much spot on

With the power invested in me by the Higher Powahs of Boards.ie I now deem you to be an Honourary Gentlemen 1st Class of The Gentlemen's Club

• Advertisement

pretty much spot on

With the power invested in me by the Higher Powahs of Boards.ie I now deem you to be an Honourary Gentlemen 1st Class of The Gentlemen's Club

Cheers! :D

I like a movie that I can sit on the sofa, open the top button of my jeans cause I ate faaaar to much pizza, slug a can of beer and scratch my imaginary balls.

never has a woman seemed so attractive :P

( i take back the mean statements)

never has a woman seemed so attractive :P

( i take back the mean statements)

*shudder*

I prefer it when you're mean to me :pac:

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

CDfm wrote: »
    The ultimate chickflick is Brokeback Mountain.

Its a travesty it is - a mockery on the sacred genre of westerns to appeal to girls.

I have to say,I thought BM was an outstanding movie.

• Advertisement

nedtheshed wrote: »
    I have to say,I thought BM was an outstanding movie.

It is a Cowboy Movie for girls and a love story so is a chick flick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Knocked up was sorta chickflicky/stoner funny but did'nt bother me to much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

CDfm wrote: »
    It is a Cowboy Movie for girls and a love story so is a chick flick

Ah I dunno about that amigo.The love aspect is only part of the film.Hell,Oldboy has a love story element (albeit a very twisted one) and thats sure as hell not a chick flick.

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Ah I dunno about that amigo.The love aspect is only part of the film.Hell,Oldboy has a love story element (albeit a very twisted one) and thats sure as hell not a chick flick.

Brokeback Mountain is a romantic drama therefore a chick flick and did more to harm the Western Genre than Dr Quinn Medicine Woman. John Wayne must be spinning in his grave.

Any of you seen the boat that rocked? Well it was only comical! I roared laughin the whole way through

nope i prefer cartoons like ice age and stuff :D
    i giggle like a 12 year old and sid the sloth is cool

Monsters inc? or cars? oh my god, I love them!!!

reason I mentioned The boat that rocked is because I went to see it when I was in new zealand earlier in the year and I was in christchurch for a few days on my own while waiting on some friends so I said I'd head off the pictures on me own so wanted something funny and that was all that was on so I was like 'meh' and off I went. Stocked up with a few bottles of beer from the bar, because yes, you can bring you beer into the movie with you \o/ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

but would much rather watch something like Star Trek or one of the Bourne films rather than an out and out action flick like say Rambo.

Damn your lucky !! ive been trying to convince the missus to watch even one of the Bourne movies for years , yet im subjected on a regular basis to the usual rom-com trash women watch !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Bottom line, if she insists on you going, just turn off, and enjoy the pretty pictures of the hot chicks that are nearly always in chick flicks. sometimes in their under clothing ;););)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

If it's RomCom I can usually stomach it. It depends if I like the male lead actor. "The Breakup" with Vince Vaughn was pretty good.

That being said, if it's a Romantic Drama, I'll simply refuse to watch it. There's no 2 ways about it. Unless of course it's set during a War or something.

Also, must profess my love of CGI movies also. If it's CGI I've more than likely watched it. Most underrated CGI movie has to be "Open Season". I'm surprised by the amount of people that haven't seen it.

• Advertisement

The Breakup? that was probably Vince Vaughans worst movie. His best was proably wedding crashers with Owen Wilson.

Monsters inc? or cars? oh my god, I love them!!!

Monsters Inc rocked. :D

sulley is my favourite. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I have a Sully teddy. He snores!

I thought they where all damm funny i dunno why tho i turn into a complete gigley 12 year old when I watch them :confused:

Yeah, I'm the same. I have missed parts of movies because I'd be laughin so hard I wouldn't be able to hear whats happening. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

OldGoat wrote: »
    (what is the masculine of Chick Flick?)

A Dick Flick.

Lots of women aren't into chick flicks. They are generally silly and predictable. Earlier this year I was visiting home and my aunts and female cousins were going to Shopaholic and invited my mum and me. Man that movie sucked. My mum and I sat at the back rolling our eyes at each other and laughing at the two guys in the cinema and the obvious pain they were in.

50 First Dates is ok, just for The 6th Sense joke and the unpredictable ending. Before Sunrise and Before Sunset are pretty good, especially Sunset. And not a chick flick, but The Last Seduction is a great film with a female lead. My preference is sci-fi movies and clever action films, the first Bourne movie and Grosse Point Blank are favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

While not a chick flick/ soaps lover, if I ever see Eastenders and Phil Mitchell, I say to myself, "If I was him id be so cool"

The Breakup? that was probably Vince Vaughans worst movie. His best was proably wedding crashers with Owen Wilson.

and your overlooking Old School?

• Advertisement

and your overlooking Old School?
    :eek: Oh my god. my bad. A combination of Vince Vaughan and will ferrell. fook, that was a classic!

Advertisement