Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the Hell is going on With Eircom???:(

Options
  • 16-08-2009 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

So last few weeks eircom would randomly go very slow speeds.. I have 7mb line which i usually get 6mb or 6.5mb which im happy enough with but now for example not even getting half a mb?? Whats going on??

Im thinking of changing to BT broadband but heard bad stories about people having to wait ages for their bb to get fixed and stuff:(:(

This is a disgrace:(:(

541539864.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

that looks to me as if your using dial-up.

maybe check all the connections, reset the modem ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They have been suffering from dns issues for a while. Have you switched your dns over to open dns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

robbie_998 wrote: »
    that looks to me as if your using dial-up.

maybe check all the connections, reset the modem ?
    They have been suffering from dns issues for a while. Have you switched your dns over to open dns?

yes switched to open dns and checked all my connections and restarted everything and no luck. When it usually happens im left with 1mb or bit higher but never this bad:(:(

Anyone else having this prob, ill prob wake up tomorrow and it be ok but i use the net mostly at nite so its very annoying:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Looks like it could be a congestion problem on your local exchange, any of your mates got eircom too? You could check it from there side and see if they have the same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I'm getting regular disconnects which can last up to 4 hours in some cases. They haven't sent anyone out yet as they say the issues in my area 'have been resolved'.

Well they haven't, I went through every check I could from my end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

Thanks for the replies and again typicial it seems to be back to normal well kinda.. Here is my wireless connection stats..most nites it like this and comes back after midnight!

541572224.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

DNS issues have nothing to do with the speed problems here :rolleyes:.
    The randomess of the problem looks like congestion/contention :mad:.

sorry but the DNS issue has being fully resolved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

robbie_998 wrote: »
    sorry but the DNS issue has being fully resolved :)

i would disagree there- half the sites i want to view i can't get to, using eircom OR opendns settings. But i can view them all if i switch to my neighbour's UPC wireless. It's very frustrating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Junior #8

Lets be honest Eircom are a joke, and blaming DDoS attacks for their problems.
    Still no broadband where I live
    Beyond a joke at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

I'm in Kilkenny and have had no internet for the past 2 days.

It is connecting to eircom broadband alright, but it won't connect to the internet. When I open the router settings page, it says dns available as normal, but broadband is down/disconnected. When I click connect, it fails to do so.

A disgrace to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Maskedgameguru

Did you try open dns.

Did you try open dns.

user stated in main text he had already tried open DNS.

just a quick thought... might be a faulty router or connection with main switch.

best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Maskedgameguru

Ya best of luck .

Advertisement