Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good broadband package with no phone line needed

Options
  • 16-08-2009 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

As the title says who do you think would be good to go with? I see vodafone do a 19.99e a month package with 10gb download limit but do I need a bill phone to get this service?

clearwire are more expensive and I heard their rubbish....

Any help thanks because I need to buy it tomarrow, I'm kinda under pressure to get this service in asap so any
    advice would be great thanks.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hi, I have o2 mobile broadband, I pay €30 per month and have done for 18months, just checked now and they charge only €16-20 so I am gonna ring them and see why I am still being charged €30. I find the coverage good overall, the vodafone one you have to have a bill phone. Think its the same with o2, I have it on my mothers bill as I have a vodafone credit phone.

actually thinking of changing over to three, anyone got any info on three mobile broadband? I live in Galway, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Vodafone, O2, Three, Clearwire and Ripwave are NOT broadband. If you want broadband without a phone, then you need some sort of fixed wireless, Digiweb Metro, Breeze, Permanet, etc or cable (UPC or other).

Do not consider 3G services unless you need mobility, or if you have no other option available. With 3G, a connection isn't even guaranteed, let alone the speed. You could very well be looking at sub dial-up speeds. Have a look in the midband forum for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Simdruid

TillyGirl wrote: »
    actually thinking of changing over to three, anyone got any info on three mobile broadband? I live in Galway, thanks

We have 3 Mobile broadband - we got it when we first moved into this house last year, to tide us over until landline/broadband was installed. It's not bad, although it took a bit of fiddling with the software at first to get it working. We were in Galway recently and the mobile phone broadband was fine there in the city, but we didn't bring laptops/modem for the 3g so not sure how good/bad the signal/speed actually is. We keep this for when the "main" broadband goes down, as my partner works from home, and whilst the speed is slow, at least it gives him connectivity to the office. It's also useful when he's on the train if he has to travel for meetings etc.

Advertisement