Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to try out different buggys? (twins)

Options
  • 16-08-2009 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

Twins on the way!

Ideally we'd like to try out as many as possible before buying, but most shops seem to have only two or three twin models on display.

Rather than traipse all over the county/country... anybody got any suggestions for a one-stop shop that will have most or all of the brands available so we can set aside a Saturday to pick one?

(Also - if anyone has any advice on buying double buggies for twins please let me know!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭eimsRV

Hi 3datamodem,

I'm not sure for twins but we went to 2 places that were close to eachother and found a great selection.

Tony Kealys in walkinstown & Eurocycles Eurobaby on the longmile road, only a few minutes drive apart.

hope this helps,
    Eims

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Tony Kealys in Walkinstown had a good range of twin buggies a couple of years ago when we were looking. We ended up buying online though as they were a lot cheaper.

We have an Out'n'About 360 nipper. It is very light for a double buggy. You may have a problem getting it into certain car boots though but the wheels are all quick release which helps. It is very maneuverable and fits through 99% of doors. It seems to be the most popular twins buggy out there as most people we have seen have the same one as us.
    It is suitable from birth which is good but the one minor problem is that the seats do not go fully upright so they are always sitting back quite far compared to some buggies as they get older. Not a big deal though as that is only beginning to matter recently and anyway it is hardly ever used now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I have the McLaren Twin Techno and find it great. We used it from birth on (it fully reclines), though not much at the beginning as we mostly wore them in slings early on. I like this model because it is sturdy (6 set of double wheels), and drives well over grass and gravel walkways as well as on cement, which was important to me as I like going for walks with the twins. It's also small enough to fit through small shop aisles, but large enough to last you till the twins are toddlers, and has lots of storage. It also folds up easily and quickly, and is light-ish, which was important for me as for the first while, we lived on the 4th floor with no lift!

A couple of points:
    - definitely get a stroller with 6 (set of) wheels, ie some in the middle too, not just at the four corners. That will make it more stable.
    - If you plan to use it from newborn, make sure the seats fully recline; many claim to be from newborn onwards, but the seats only recline 45 degrees or similar.
    - I'd strongly recommend a side-by-side; the tandem ones are difficult to steer plus when the twins are older, the one in the seat closer to you will be annoyed because s/he cannot see out very well.
    - Try out as many strollers as you like, but consider buying secondhand, there are bargains to be had on classified websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭HJ Simpson

We went for the Nipper Out and About 360 double. Its a side by side suitable from birth. Its really light less than 10k and is really manouverable with 3 wheels. It is to wide for some doorways but tandems all seemed very awkward with bits to take off when folding! We really like it

Advertisement