Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photography Holidays

• 16-08-2009 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭

Has anyone gone on an organised photo holiday?

Say where you go on your own to Italy, France or Spain(or further) and meet up with a photo mentor and another few people like yourself wanting to learn, improve and just get good light and locations.

Any ideas on this would be great -thinking of doing one in 2010.

Recommendations would be great.

thanks

keps

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

not sure about the photo mentor but there had been discussion around a boards photo meet in prague which I can't remember the detail but is along the idea that you had. Costs were being kept to a minimum and it would be a lot of fun.

Maybe not what you had in mind but worth considering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Earlier in the year I was heading to prague for 2/3days and decided to pop it up here and see if anybody else wanted to head over and shoot with me. Nothing ever came of it becuase it was very late notice but I think with a bit of planning it could easily be done!

I love the idea of it and it's a brilliant way to make new mates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

i think it would be a great idea, but you would need to know well in Advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

I remember it here ok. My mother passed away last year when I was on family holiday and my wife wanted me to go on a break on my own with my camera but It just didnt appeal to me to go on my own.

I was thinking Prague, Rome, Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris, London or Edinburgh. A poll in work was in favour of Rome or Amsterdam.

With flights so cheap now and some good deals on hotels if dates were know far enough in advance it would give people time to plan and put few € to the side. I would be interested in this type of thing depending on dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

Mike Brown photography does phototours to Norway to photograph the eagles in the fjiords. See http://www.mikebrownphotography.com/section231975.html
    I have seen some of the shots and they are spectacular. I just a attended a workshop with him and he is very good, going above and beyond to ensure that all attendees get the best from the class.

Eoin

• Advertisement
Advertisement