Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspect device just removed from car in East Wall

Options
  • 17-08-2009 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Meeeeental stuff

Got blocked driving down the church road by two Garda jeeps and a fully tooled up soldier. First thought was fcuk me these drink drive checkpoints are getting scary. But soon found out they were removing a suspect device from under a car. Watched the bomb desposal team with the robot do their thing.

Was like a movie!!!! (a scary one admitedly)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Anthem

Oh god... Lived in East Wall for 5 years, saw some pretty strange things alright...think that might top them though. :S

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I bet it was a mars bar or a toll tag or something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

is it all over ? or should I run down and take pics ?

did you take any pics ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Nah its a union card and a pair of work boots. An unusual site in eastwall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

I didnt have my feckin phone on me but every kid in the neighbourhood videod and snapped away.

It is more or less all over now except the Garda were going door to door around a few usual suspects houses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

Asked one of the Garda was it active and he wouldnt confirm it but he did say it was strapped to the underside of the car and it was contained in 2 stuck together pringle packs

Once you pop........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Bleedin'....

population wrote: »
    Asked one of the Garda was it active and he wouldnt confirm it but he did say it was strapped to the underside of the car and it was contained in 2 stuck together pringle packs

Once you pop........

Sounds like someone trying to put the frighteners up someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Must have been a Sat Nav.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

dublin forumn????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

population wrote: »

Once you pop........

Nah it was just one of those diy sports exhausts on a starlet.:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

okay how many people check underneath their car before they drive?

why would you even think to do that unless you are involved in dodgy activity and then you get everything you deserve.

one of my friends husband checks underneath his car all the time but he is in the PSNI, so he might have a reason but still

Advertisement