Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with calls made from south africa?

• 17-08-2009 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

This is a long shot but I keep in regular contact with a friend in South Africa, when i phone him on his mobile i use dialwise or the like for 15c/min
    however his phone bill is huge whenever he rings me. we both are using mobiles as we dont have landlines

so basically I want to ask if anyone knows of way he could ring me from his vodacom mobile for cheaper?
    i.e is there something similar to dialwise or the like but that can be used from south africa to ireland?

Skype isnt an option at the moment as he hasnt any regular access to a pc,

any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭johnmd

You might try this depending on the cost you are spending per month.
    Get yourself a South African VOIP number in http://www.mydivert.com/
    Your friend can then call this number and top up the account online in advance,or you can do it for him.
    This means that he will dial the local number,which you will set to forward in the control panel to your landline/mobile etc.
    Should be cheaper than going mobile to mobile,you can test it for free I think.Call quality may also be an issue.
    You can also then do the same if it proves ok. IE local Dublin number forwarded to his mobile.
    Anyway worth a try.

Advertisement