Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much to fix broken AF on 50mm 1.4 ?

• 17-08-2009 1:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭

The AF on my 50mm has been dodgy recently and now seems to have given up the ghost completley.

I've tried it on a few different cameras, have checked the custom functions, the AF/MF switch and I've cleaned the contacts.

It looks like I'll have to send it away to Dr. Canon to get it fixed :(

Did anyone have something similar happen and get a quote for repair or have a super secret method to fix it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

The aperature diaphram failed on my 17-85IS, sent it to Fixation in London.

The lens was away for 6 days total. They were the only people that would give me a provisional quote over the phone (which was actually exactly what it cost in end)

It would be worth giving them a shout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Cost me 84 GBP from Canon UK direct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Does the manual focus work? Why not just use that?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭King Eric

thanks guys, 85 GB isnt as bad as i thought it might be

covey, how did you get in touch with Canon UK?

dazftw, I have been using MF but i really need the AF for gigs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Will PM you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement