Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foot tattoos - Advice needed

Options
  • 17-08-2009 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey all, I did a search but culd not find the info I required, so starting new thread hope that is ok...

I am getting my newest tattoo in a few weeks and Ive decided I want it on my foot. I know a few people with tattoos on their feet, but they are all fairly new and my question is for people who have had theirs done for at least 2 years.

Im getting a colour design (typical female flowery type design for those interested :) ) and am wondering what sort of fading/blurring can I expect in a few years? I am prepared to go back for touch ups and know that tattoo maintanence is important, but just would like a heads up as to how other peoples faded or didnt fade over time?

Google has thrown up a fair amount of warnings about fading and blurring on feet, and thats all well and good, but I was hoping some of the good people of boards may offer some information too...

And those who did get it done, how long did ye leave it uncovered by shoes and socks. I thought Id have it done for summer but what summer?? sept is supposed to be warm hence getting it in next few weeks and maybe I can get away with pumps/flats and no shoe/sock combo for at least 2 weeks.... Did anyone have any trouble with closed toe shoes required for work, how did ye overcome it if so??

anyhoo essay over, thanks to all who read this and to those with info, many more thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Hiya, i'm afraid I can't help with the fading or blurring part as i only got mine done in June.

I brought flip flops with me and wore them after i got mine done. I was worried about work too cause i've to wear nurses shoes :(

I kept the tattoo covered in cling film for 4 - 5 days, changing it regularly and applying the cream at every change.

If you're worried about shoes for work, shop around. If you looking in some shoe shops you should be able to get shoes with low sides on them and they'll do the job. Think I checked out 2 shops before I found a suitable pair. I wore them for 2 weeks after getting mine done, no socks and the tattoo was fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lunas8n

thanks jinxycat! I was concerned about work and shoes, like you need nurse style shoes for work! I will have a shop around before hand and see what i can get, summery shoes may be reduced in sale so I may hit lucky!!

if you dont mind me asking, how is yours healing now? Had you any problems with it healing at all? hope you are happy with it :) I cant wait to get mine done..

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

I'd no problems at all with it healing, once you keep the cream applied and don't let the skin/tattoo'd area dry out you should be fine. It's healed nicely.

They should explain all of it to you afterwards about the aftercare, they told me to try and not wear socks for the first few days while it's healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Ive tattoos on both feet, healed pretty quick, i just didnt wear socks or shoes as much as i could for the first couple weeks. ive had mine done at least 3 years now and there still looking good!

Advertisement