Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doing it for those who can't

• 17-08-2009 7:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭

Just finishing up a 12 hour night shift now. Gonna head home, straight to bed and get up around 2. Hopefully go for a run about an hour or so after breakfast. It always seems more difficult after a night shift. :confused:

This is a training log? I've always heard received wisdom saying you should keep a training journal but I never done a proper one before. I hope I keep this one up to date.

I'm training for the '09 DCM and have so far done the 5m and 10m races. Went off to fast in the 5m, learned my lesson for the 10mile. Now all I have to do is up the mileage, so so simple! :rolleyes:

Yeah, so, my fitness is pants but improving. 13 years of debauchery has taken it's toll. I've had fun but I am overweight. A good bit overweight. :( I've got very little work on for the next three weeks so hope to focus a lot on training and diet. Aiming for a sub 2 hour half marathon. Prob won't get there, but that's the target.

Oh yeah, off the smokes 3 months and one week and off the beer about 2 weeks. Doesn't seem to bother me as much as I thought it would. Not running well bothers me way more! :D

I'll talk to you after the run this afternoon, it'll prob be an easy 6.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭shotcaller

Ok, so as is usual, things didn't go to plan. I didn't get to go out on Monday. However, I did get to go to the Park on Tuesday for about a 5 miler.

Gonna have breakfast then do the dishes from last night and head out. I'll try to do an 8 mile today but wary of going to fast as I have football tonight.

Also, just back from lidl, got so much fruit!! I carried it back home as I only live about half a mile from there, was sweating cos of the weight of it!

Oh yeah, remind me to do some writing when I come home from the run.

Advertisement