Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free lightbulbs and showerheads melbourne central

Options
  • 17-08-2009 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Signed up for this, they say there no catch, anyone like to offer a different opinion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I presume it means you use less water and electricity.

Is your location accurate to this forum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Yeah, Im one of the top guys on this forum and very well respected by everyone, we are like family on thios forum, I love these guys like they were my own flesh and blood , the location thing is a little joke. Good one ay?

Anyway, an electrician comes around and changes all your bulbs with energy saving ones.....for free, no cost, no catch apparently. Do you belive it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

I actually work for this company. :) There's no catch, I've had it done at my house :)

It's part of the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target. After they've done it you sign a piece of paper which the government turns into a carbon credit. Fieldforce (Envirosaver) then sells this credit to the power companies. You local council is probably running a similar scheme. I know Yarra Water are doing the showerheads.

There are some people doing scams along these lines however, people just randomly knocking on doors and doing the job on the spot and apparently stealing stuff from your house while they're at it.

Envirosaver will book an appointment time in advance and will install everything for you. In Victoria, 3 companies are doing this legit. Fieldforce, Exceltek and Cool Earth. Hope that sets your mind at rest. And know I sound like an ad, sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Yeah seen this in NSW and it appears to be legit, done by the Gov here

Advertisement