Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shadow Complex

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Cool...wish I left my xbox switched on now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

mika27 wrote: »
    Cool...wish I left my xbox switched on now :(

Does it work that way? I was under the assumption that it only picked up stuff that you've added to the queue the next time you sign into live, not if you're already signed in...

Didn't spot a trial link, but that's no problem for me... Can't wait to get home and get stuck into this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

downloading trial now. have to go to work so ill get some points in there. home at 7. game finished at 12 :p never going to happen like that

tman wrote: »
    Does it work that way? I was under the assumption that it only picked up stuff that you've added to the queue the next time you sign into live, not if you're already signed in...

Didn't spot a trial link, but that's no problem for me... Can't wait to get home and get stuck into this!

Not sure actually, I've never tried it when i'm already signed in. I was just assuming that it worked that way

So anyone played it yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Playing it now - looks amazing for an XBLA title. Just started though so a bit too early to judge the gameplay, etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Fairly awesome game, the combat is hard enough at the start when you only have a pistol as the aiming into foreground and background is patchy at best.

But once you get a few unlocks
    namely the double jump, missiles and hookshot
    it becomes more an exploration game as you search for the last few hidden items. Though when I was on the way to get some of the last ones and accidentaly triggered the nedgame boss fight...oh well, reason enough to start again :D

I would have paid €30 for this and felt it was worth the cost, for only €12 it actually feels like robbing Chair/Epic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Love it.... really good game.

Anyone see the "Master Challenges" on the Achievement list inside the game?

Jason Bailey: Complete the game at 100% in under 2 hours on any difficulty
    ChAIRness: Complete the game at 100% in under 3 hours on Insane
    The Insurgent: Complete the game at only 4% with only the flashlight, backpack, grenade, foam and missile
    Status Update: Single: Complete the game by
    Abandoning Claire to her fate

Really loving this. just a bit after getting the assault rifle. Not a clue whats going on story wise really but im loving punching the heads off the bad guys. you get more points that way. have to boot more bombas too, tis good fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hmmmm... not for me!

Played it for 5 minutes. Got a bit bored and got stuck back into Trials HD.

Not saying it's a bad game.. it looked superb but just not my cup of tea!

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Love it.... really good game.

Anyone see the "Master Challenges" on the Achievement list inside the game?

Jason Bailey: Complete the game at 100% in under 2 hours on any difficulty
    ChAIRness: Complete the game at 100% in under 3 hours on Insane
    The Insurgent: Complete the game at only 4% with only the flashlight, backpack, grenade, foam and missile
    Status Update: Single: Complete the game by
    Abandoning Claire to her fate

Where are those? In the achievements? Only ones I have left are for getting 100% items, finishing with under13% items and finish all the Proving Grounds.

Plus I am trying to fathom how you finish only getting the 4% items, wonder how you trigger the end boss without getting the armour and such since its tied to the story??

Look at the achievements via the ingame menus (where it shows 4 per page). They're on the 4th page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I'm liking it. Havent played this style of game since my Amiga days. Not been playing it long, finding the aiming a bit tricky and imagine my surprise when i found that if you double back you'll find respawned enemies! how old school :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Finished it today. Excellent game, started going through it on Insane now and the EXP you get is crazy. Going from 19 to 20 on Normal took about 30mins of playtime, going from 20 to 21 on Insane took about 5 mins.
    I also did te quick ending, very funny, just leaving the girl to die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Awesome game, actually dusted off my Xbox just to play this.

I have seen a few graphical glitches which are fine but I hear if you get 100% the special ending fails to load proper. :D

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    I have seen a few graphical glitches which are fine but I hear if you get 100% the special ending fails to load proper. :D

Nah it was fine for me, except my guys hair didn't load right it was silver with bits of purple in it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Wish I could manage to find the same amount of free time that some of you guys have... Finished 100% already??!?!?!

Played for a little under an hour last night and love it so far, controls are nice and tight (apart from background aiming) and I love mentally mapping areas that you have to return to when you find another item.

Tis a welcome return of Metroidvania style games to the screen anyway, more like this please!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

It's nice and it's fun but the story is a bit bland and the enemies are very similar. Robo-this, robo-that meh. But I'll play through it all as the 2D mechanics are great and this kinda game is all too rare. Someone should just make a game and call it Metroidvania though, it's becoming a brand just by the overuse of its name!

Metroidvania - Samus with a whip.
    Where do I sign? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Mr E wrote: »
    Metroidvania - Samus with a whip.
    Where do I sign? :)

In Bayonetta's lil' black book? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Although I'll probably have figured this out by the time someone answers but how in the **** do you get past the room with the red fire walls right after you take a lift down a little after you get the foam gun. Can't work it out

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Although I'll probably have figured this out by the time someone answers but how in the **** do you get past the room with the red fire walls right after you take a lift down a little after you get the foam gun. Can't work it out

I think I know the area your at. You need all 12 pass keys, each pass key will disable one of the walls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bmdmac

Just playing through now, runs,plays and looks great except for some screen tear. Loving it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

About 3 hours in but about an hour of that was spent bactracking looking for items. Brilliant game so far, so refreshing to play something that does things simple and does em right.

So anyone managed to break the game and get to places earlier than you should have? Managed to get behind a boss at one stage but all I could do was shoot him in the back with no effect, he just stood there.

But my quest to obtain the foam gun before the scuba gear continues, if I can do that the Insurgent special achievement will be a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sub

Just finished it. Finished it once at 70% items found, then finished it in 15 minutes for sh*ts and giggles doing the 'plenty more fish in the sea' ending. Type it into youtube if you dont mind spoiling it. Great game.

• Sub wrote: »
    Just finished it. Finished it once at 70% items found, then finished it in 15 minutes for sh*ts and giggles doing the 'plenty more fish in the sea' ending. Type it into youtube if you dont mind spoiling it. Great game.
    I haven't completed it yet, but 15 mins..wtf? I'l check out that video as soon as i complete. This game has kinda distracted me from Trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sub

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I haven't completed it yet, but 15 mins..wtf? I'l check out that video as soon as i complete. This game has kinda distracted me from Trials.
    Yeah but it is only a joke ending, sadly the time does not count for anything and you cant get achievements ending it that way.

• Advertisement

Sub wrote: »
    Yeah but it is only a joke ending, sadly the time does not count for anything and you cant get achievements ending it that way.

You complete one of the Master Challenges though.

Advertisement